Here are 10 Beauty Products You Need to Start the Year Off Right
It’s a new year, and it can be a whole new you. Or maybe the old you works just fine.
It’s a new year, and it can be a whole new you. Or maybe the old you works just fine. The only thing we judge is beauty products. BuzzFeed recently took a look at some of the best beauty products of the year and compiled a list of items reviewers have suggested they can’t live without now. We’ve narrowed it down to our 10 favorites, and now you’ll know exactly where to best spend your dollars. Here are the top 10 items to start your January off with – just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Beauty is More than Skin Deep
When people start their beauty routine, they often ignore the most fundamental part: the skin. It doesn’t matter what you layer on top if your skin is desperate for the right care. There are a million products out there that promise results, but the best way to figure out which ones actually work is to go straight to the people and read reviews. Here are three skin products you won’t want to miss:
- LilyAna Naturals Eye Cream: Let’s face it, no matter how glowing your skin is, if your eyes are looking like you just spent a week without sleep you’re probably not at your best. And who’s sleeping great these days? If your undereye bags need a little unpacking, LilyAna has the perfect solution. It’s a light cream perfect for sensitive skin that absorbs quickly and contains Provitamin A and B5, Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin E, Rosehip Seed Oil, and Hibiscus Flower and Rosemary Leaf Extract. It’ll give your eyes that boost of awake that you need to look your best. Prices start at $9.99 on Amazon.
- Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask: It’s a bit of a mouthful, but we promise it’s worth it. If you’re looking for a face mask that’s also a bit of an entertainment moment, this bubbling mask will give you laughter as a gift along the way. It contains lavender, collagen, and goes from an unassuming paste to a bubbly fluffy mask that’s sure to inspire some selfies. Prices start at $13.95 on Amazon.
- Dr Loretta Gentle Hydrating Cleanser: It’s a rich gel cleanser that uses a marine algin to absorb skin pollutants. So you aren’t just rinsing your face off with a fancy cream, you’re actually pulling the gunk out. The cleanser contains moisturizing marine peptides, chamomile and ginger root essential oils, perfect for people with sensitive skin. Prices start at $35 on the Dr Loretta website.
A Good Hair Day is a Product Away
You’ve got your skin moisturized and glowing and your eyes are bright and cheerful. So what’s next? Hair, of course! One arena in which hair companies have long failed to meet consumer need is in caring for Black and Brown hair. Products are often designed for Caucasian hair, which leaves an entire portion of the population searching for the right solution and problem-solving product.
Here are three product that are great for hair that is thicker and curly, but also perfect for finer straight hair:
- Crave: Detangling curly hair can be a nightmare. You don’t want to add to much friction and frizz, or it effects the composition of the curl. Crave has the perfect solution: a detangling brush that’s kinky and curly friendly. The product can be used on straight, curly, natural, thin, thick, kinky, coily, frizzy, extensions and even wigs. Prices start at $9.99 on Amazon.
- REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush: If you want to dry and style your hair with the same product, Revlon has you covered. If you have thick and curly hair and want that beautiful blowout look at home, try the hot brush. Perfect for all textures of hair, prices start at $34.88 on Amazon.
- Royal Locks Pro Curl Cream Gel: This Argan Oil anti-frizz styling gel is perfect for curly and kinky hair, but also wavy hair. It’s light enough not to weigh down your hair’s natural texture but sleek enough to help define and shape your curls. Prices start at $22 on Amazon.
Makeup The Best You
Now your skin is prepped, and your hair looks fine – it’s time for that finishing touch. If you love makeup, we have a few products that will help streamline your daily routine and make you feel good about what you’re putting on your face in the process.
- Kajal Eyeliner: A Best of Beauty Allure award winner in 2021, Kajal provides a creamy smooth line without the smudging that can ruin your look. It’s a highly-pigmented product that comes in five colors, so take your pick before snapping a pic. Prices start at $20 on the Kulfi Beauty website.
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Base: It’s an oft-overlooked part of a beauty routine that can make a huge difference. Eyeshadow primer can take your drugstore blah color to the next level, making it look more pigmented and giving it more durability. Elizabeth Mott’s Thank Me Later prevents oily lids and creasing in the process, setting the stage for whatever look you’re aiming for. Prices start at $13.75 on Amazon.
- Peripera Ink the Velvet Lip Tint: Lip tints are the new thing to make your pout look perfect. They aren’t as bold as the creme matte looks of 2019, but they’re subtle and beautiful. Peripera is bold and long-lasting, providing the finishing touch your everyday look has been longing for. Amazon offers 17 colors and prices start at $9.90, so there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm: It’s winter so everyone’s lips are feeling a little dry and chapped. If you need a product to help heal and rejuvenate your smooch, this is the product for you. With natural mint and shea butter, the Jack Black lip balm starts at $8 on Amazon.
Now that you know which products you may find the most useful as the new year starts, it’s time to get out there and take the world by storm. 2022 is the year to make dreams come true, and you’ll look your best doing it.