It has certainly been quite the few weeks for 90 Day Fiance stars Paul Staehle and his estranged wife, Karine. To provide a quick recap, here’s what went down beginning at the end of last month, and continuing to today:
Karine Calls The Police On Paul
- First, Karine called the police on Paul. This was after Paul saw Karine texting with an attorney and using the words “divorce” and “child support.”
- Upon the cops arriving, Paul decided to live stream the entire ordeal for his followers on Instagram Live.
- When speaking to the police, Paul was insistent that Karine had a child protective services (CPS) claim against her, claimed Karine had cheated, claimed he had 1080P cameras on his house, and more.
Paul Goes To Hospital
- Next, Paul ended up going to the hospital, where he shared with his followers on Instagram story he was diagnosed with an STD. He claimed to have not cheated on Karine, thus implying she had cheated on him in order for him to get an STD.
- While at the hospital, Paul also claimed neighbors had contacted him and claimed they saw Karine “hop in some dude’s car” with their son.
- Upon leaving the hospital, Paul took to his Instagram story to inform his followers that Karine had served him with a restraining order in which she made allegations that he raped her, she was scared for her life, and she was scared for their son Pierre’s life.
Karine Goes Missing
- The next morning, Paul took to Instagram story (and his main page) to claim Karine (and “the child” AKA Pierre) was missing, encouraging people to contact the sheriff’s department if they knew of her whereabouts.
- While this was all going down, Karine deactivated her social media.
- Next, in a YouTube video, Paul gave an update on the situation. Paul said he believed Karine and Pierre were likely safe because the sheriff’s department had not been out to visit him again. Paul also was insistent he has an open-door policy with law enforcement, had nothing to hide, and had received death threats. During the YouTube, Paul also claimed that he did not believe Karine had accused him of the things she did on the restraining order and did not believe she was behind it.
- After this, Karine ended up issuing a statement on her social media- which she reactivated- to say “I want you all to know that me and Pierre are doing well now. All this past days I had a lot going on. As the media showed, I had issues where the police was called because I feared for my life and my son’s life which led me to ask for help and ultimately be rescued from an environment that no longer was healthy for none of us involved in the situation. I’m getting the best help I could ever get and I’m really thankful for all the people involved in it. I also thank all the people that worry about me for the support I have had. It have been a big part of my recovery. Relationships are hard and sometimes it just can’t be fixed anymore. I need this time to organize my thoughts, work on myself and care for my son after everything we have been through in the last year and half. Just to clarify, the EPO was me. I had help from a translator since I do not speak English. I also would like to state that I’m not missing. The police knows where to find me if they need me. This is a legal matter not a ‘media matter.’ That being said it’s the first and last time I will speak about it. Thank you all again.”
- We reached out to Paul via email at this time, who would only comment that the “truth will come out.” Paul also told us that “After court, I will talk.”
- Paul then returned to Instagram story to reveal a video of the police on his doorstep (we assume from the night Karine called them) and a screenshot of a one-way airfare ticket to Brazil (where Karine is from) later this month.
Karine Is Pregnant, Paul Alleges Assault
- Reports also surfaced that Karine is pregnant, which Paul’s Mom seemed to confirm in the Instagram live when the police were there.
- Then, Paul posted more footage of the police at his house in which the officer seems to tell someone (maybe Karine’s attorney) that they could not do a restraining order because there was no violence. In the clip, Paul also alleges Karine assaulted him– and he claims to have it on video.
- Yesterday, Paul took to Instagram to share a photo of Pierre, writing “No Matter Where You Are I Will Always Love & Cherish You.”
While that is a lot to digest, we were expecting to not hear a lot until court, which occurs tomorrow; however, Paul returned to his Instagram story today to share a new statement.
What did he have to say?
A Heartbroken Denial
As can be seen in the above screenshot, Paul writes: “It truely [SIC] breaks my heart it has come to this. I have bent over backwards. I found work. Got a new home. A new car. Let her buy anything she wanted. I did the cooking cleaning laundry and took care of Pierre.
I have never in my life physically or sexually assaulted anyone. My previous domestic violence violation Iw as arrested over a very well written message that she could come get her stuff. The other arrest was because I let my ex live with me because she had no where else tog o. She called the police to get me arrested and get all my stuff but the officer that night saw through the BS and arrested her also. Same ex has since messaged me to hang ot [SIC] and babysit her kid. Which I declined.
Now here I am I have made motions to the court for Karine to get mental help. I have had to double up on my therapy to cope with this madness. Her motion against me with false allegations is fora 3 year restraining order against me and both my children. Alimony and child support.
But I can not see her or my children at all. @starcasm_ig did a story on the posted arrest warrant over the text message.”
Paul Shares An Arrest Warrant
Paul then attached a screenshot of the arrest warrant (which is exclusive to Starcasm) and the offense/incident report from where he had reportedly violated a restraining order his ex had against him back in 2014. Here is the screenshot:
Finally, Paul shared to Instagram story a boomerang of him outside his attorney’s office with his attorney’s business card:
Where Does This Leave Things For The Staehle Family?
As we mentioned, Paul has court tomorrow with Karine, so there are bound to be new developments once this happens. Based on what he’s saying, he potentially could lose visitation and custody of his child for three years but, ultimately, this will be the judge’s decision. Make sure to stay tuned as we will be keeping you abreast of the latest updates in this situation.