A Sneak Peak Into The ‘Zoey 101’ Revival Film Titled ‘Zoey 102’
You read that correctly. Zoey 101, one of Nickelodeon’s staple sitcoms is next on the list of shows to be
You read that correctly. Zoey 101, one of Nickelodeon’s staple sitcoms is next on the list of shows to be revived because we 90s babies have reached the age of craving nostalgia.
It was confirmed last month that production began for the Paramount + film, and this week, Jamie Lynn Spears, who plays the iconic Zoey Brooks, gave fans a behind-the-scenes look at filming.
No Longer Just A Rumor!
Since 2019 rumors about a revival of Zoey 101 have been traveling through the grapevine. In 2020, Spears reunited with some of her former castmates during the All That reboot and later that same year she performed an updated version of the Zoey 101 theme song ‘Follow Me’ with notable TikTok users.
And while that was cool and all, we are now finally getting what we really wanted. An update on the lives of fictional characters that we so deeply connected to and became curious about. And by that I mean, maybe we’ll FINALLY see if Chase and Zoey get together.
“I’m beyond thrilled to be back alongside my PCA family and continue the story of Zoey and all the characters fans know and love,” Spears told PEOPLE in January. “As an executive producer, it’s been an exciting opportunity to work with such incredible talent as well as Paramount+ and Nickelodeon.”
‘Zoey 102’ And Everything We Know So Far
Knowledge of the plot is very limited. What’s been shared thus far is that Zoey and her group of PCA alums are reuniting in this film to attend a wedding in the present day. However, we have no confirmation of whose wedding it is.
- Filming began in Wilmington, North Carolina in January 2023
- The tenth-anniversary revival short of the series, which happened in 2015, left us on a cliffhanger. Michael revealed to Chase that he saw Zoey admit her love for him in their time capsule video. Chase then broke things off with his almost fiance to go find his PCA crush.
- Several cast members will be returning including Spears will return to role as Zoey Brooks. Sean Flynn, who played her on-again-off-again love interest Chase Matthews. Erin Sanders is back as the school’s scientist Quinn Pensky. Christopher Massey and Matthew Underwood as Michael Barrett and Logan Reese, longtime roommates of Chase. Abby Wilde is returning as the lisping Stacey Dillsen. And finally, Jack Salvatore Jr. is coming back as the bland Mark Del Figgalo, Quinn’s love interest for the first three seasons.
- Those not returning include Paul Butcher, who played Zoey’s younger brother Dustin. Victoria Justice‘s aspiring actress Lola Martinez will not be in attendance. And neither will Kristin Herrera‘s Dana Cruz. Alexa Nikolas, who played Zoey’s other BFF Nicole Britow, perhaps one the most vocal activists against the mistreatment of child stars, has announced her intentions to boycott Paramount+ for even announcing this project.
- And of course, the original creator Dan Schneider will have zero involvement in the project.
Along with a series of photos on Instagram, Spears wrote “Bittersweet Feels.”
She added, “I truly love all of these humans. The NEW ERA of ZOEY would not exist without each and every person doing their part to create this magical experience, including our amazing fans. gonna need wayyyy more then 10 photos to include all of these wonderful people tho😭 #ZOEY102“