Ariana Grande is Engaged: ‘Forever N Then Some’!
Pop superstar Ariana Grande is officially engaged! The singer made an announcement over the weekend sharing her joy with the
Pop superstar Ariana Grande is officially engaged! The singer made an announcement over the weekend sharing her joy with the world, and other big stars were quick to celebrate with her.
Ariana and Dalton’s Sweet Romance
Grande has been with now-fiance Dalton Gomez for about a year. CELEBexplored the timeline of their adorable romance in an earlier story. “Grande and Gomez, who is a buyer’s agent for the Aaron Kirman Group, a luxury real estate agency housed in Los Angeles, were first spotted together in February 2020. At the time, TMZ obtained photos of them kissing in a bar, but it wasn’t until one month later, when he started popping up all over the Dangerous Woman songstress’ Instagram Stories, that fans were able to identify him as Gomez. Sources told People Magazine at the time that the pair had already been together for two months before that, and that they were quarantining together.”
The couple met when Grande reached out to Gomez to help her purchase a house, and sparks flew!
CELEB‘s Lillie Gissen explained, “Despite Gomez appearing in Grande’s Instagram Stories, she stayed pretty tight lipped about their romance. That is, until May 2020, when they starred in the music video for her song with Justin Bieber, Stuck With U. Yep, in the visual, they danced and cozied up and it was too cute for words.”
From there, the two were pictured together vacationing and celebrating big milestones together. Grande has even written several songs about Gomez!
By Fall, it was clear that the two were inseparable and serious about their relationship.
Ariana Announces and Celebrity Friends Celebrate
That serious turn has now become a commitment. On December 20th, Grande shared a series of images of the two of them, and in one image a huge diamond ring is front and center. Grande titled the series, “forever n then some.” Celebrities were quick to celebrate with the pop superstar:
- Kim Kardashian, whose own marriage has quote marks around it for now, responded, “Soooo happy for u guys!!! ✨ Love you!!!”
- Kim’s sis Khloe Kardashian also added, “Ahhhhhhh congratulations beautiful!!!!!! Forever blessings!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️”
- Millie Bobby Brown, most famous for her appearance on cult hit TV show Stranger Things, responded, “oh my godddd… love u!! you deserve eternal happiness!! ♡♡♡”
- YouTube giant James Charles chipped in, “Congratulations ”
- Hailey Bieber, wife of fellow pop superstar Justin Bieber, added, “YAYYYYYY!!!! so happy for you guys!!”
- Bella Hadid also chimed in, “OMGGGGGG!!!!”
- Media mega-name Scooter Braun had two comments for the happy couple, “ ❤️,” and, “congrats to these two amazing souls. Ari we love you and could not be happier for you. Dalton you are a lucky man. ❤️”
Even MTv got in on the celebratory messages, saying, “HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HANDLE THIS??? ON A SUNDAY??”
When Will Ariana Be Tying the Knot?
People spoke with someone close to the couple who told them, “They couldn’t be happier, they’re just so excited. This is a happy time for them, both sets of parents are thrilled.”
It’s not clear when the wedding will occur, or how big the celebration will be. With COVID-19 still lingering well through 2021, it could be some time before large venue weddings resume. Will Grande opt for a large, lavish wedding, or something more intimate? Only time will tell, as the couple has been mum on details so far. But we have to give them time, the engagement is fresh off the press!
Grande has been engaged before, to Pete Davidson in 2018. So some fans wonder if this engagement will make it past the planning stages. However, those close to Grande seem to think that this one is different. Grande certainly seems happy. We at CELEB send the happy couple our congratulations!