It’s safe to say that this season of Bravo’s Below Deck Mediterranean has been among the most dramatic ever and the shocking drug use accusations by Bosun Malia White against Chief Stew Hannah Ferrier have only added to the drama.

Now, in the midst of those drug accusations- which MANY fans took issues with- Malia, who reported Hannah’s drug use, has been accused of using drugs herself.

In addition to the latest shocking scenes, there has also been a ton of controversy surrounding the show, including a racist scandal, a firing of a chef that many took issue with.  This is a lot to break down, so let’s review…

Racist Scandal

Peter Hunziker is one of the deckhands on this season of Below Deck: Mediterranean. While fans were raising their eyebrows at Hunziker’s comments towards his boss Malia White– calling her “hun,” for example- it was a post Hunziker made to his Instagram story that got him in big trouble.

According to The Daily MailHunziker had put up “a reposted meme that depicted shocking racist and degrading sexual imagery that showed a naked Black woman in shackles.”

After Bravo was made aware of the post, a spokesperson for the network confirmed to The Daily Mail that Hunziker had “been terminated for his racist post.”

They also added that “Bravo and 51 Minds [the production team behind Below Deck Mediterranean] are editing the show to minimize his appearance for subsequent episodes.”

Below Deck Pete apology for racist post

Towards the end of last month, Hunziker took to his Instagram to post an apology, as seen above.

“A little over 3 months ago someone sent me a meme on social media and I thoughtlessly reposted it,” Hunziker began with sharing. “I now realize how painful the imagery and symbolism is and, upon deeper consideration I realize that the implicit bias that exists in the brief text written in the meme is offensive.”

“To all those I have hurt and offended please know that I am genuinely sorry,” Hunziker continued stating. “I have always fully supported equal rights and equal opportunities for ALL people.”

Hunziker wrapped with saying “Be safe, stay well, and always think before you post… with love, Pete.”

Chef KikoTerminated

The chef when this season of Below Deck Mediterranean began was Hindrigo “Kiko” Lorran. Fans immediately fell in love with Lorran, as he had a sweet disposition and a big enthusiasm. As the season progressed, though, some of the guests were not overly thrilled with his food, and boss Captain Sandy Yawn began to take issue with it. After giving Lorran an ultimatum to improve or risk losing his job, Yawn ended up letting him go.

The episode on which this happened was quite emotional to watch, as Lorran was seen sobbing in his bed and did not even want to get out of bed to cook the guests breakfast, but Yawn insisted he does so. In addition, his close friend (and chief stew Hannah Ferrier) was so upset by Lorran leaving (and the way that he was treated) that she had a panic attack.

After last week’s episode where Lorran officially left, he took to Instagram to share the following statement:

“I just wanna say thank you so much for all the support and I love what you guys are sending to me. I can really feel this amazing energy! Also I hope I could represent my country, all the latinos and hard workers around the globe, life is not always easy for us. So when we have an opportunity we take no matter what👊💪.

“Thank you so much @bravotv and @51minds for this opportunity and experience in the show I could see what I am really good in and be more confident and also I could see where I need to improve to be a better chef and also a better person.”

And for my Fans, dont blame the other crew members for me leaving the show. A chef is responsible to make his own decision, I was so tired and I did a couple of right and a couple of wrong things, the pressure and the cameras made me loose my mind. In normal circumstances that probably would not happen but it did.

So I have to say that was on me.

I hope I can still make you guys smile here and also inspired you guys with my food, personality, and adventures 😁, it’s been amazing time and I feel so blessed in this world and I’m so So So happy with you all. I can’t believe that I have so many great fans😂 thats is amazing.

Spread the love guys not hate that’s the message I wish to send to you all!

We are humans let’s try to be Angels.(so cheesy😂😂)

Love you guys.

God, Jah, buda, Allah whatever you believe bless you all!

CHEF KIKO🤙issssaaa

#thesurfingchef #positivevibes #BelowDeckMed.”

Drug Accusations

As if this wasn’t enough drama this season, on this past Monday’s episode things took an even darker turn. As we previously mentioned, Ferrier had a panic attack (which her roommate, Malia White – who is the Bosun on the ship- sees happening) after seeing the way Lorran was treated and finding out he was leaving.

Then, on this week’s episode, White’s boyfriend Tom Checketts came to visit her on the boat. It turns out Checketts is a chef, and Yawn asked him if he would work on their ship to replace Lorran and Checketts agreed to take the job.

Ferrier & White Fall Out

While room assignments had already been made, as the ship had already been through quite a few charters, White immediately wanted the rooms to be changed so that she could share a room with Checketts. While White wanted Ferrier to room with Bugsy Drake (who came back to the show after a few episodes this season when the second stew Lara Flumiani ended up quitting), Ferrier and Drake had issues in the past. While Ferrier and Drake have mostly gotten along this season, they both agreed that rooming together would not be ideal.

Rather than just accept things as they were, White went to Yawn to complain about this and, even though Ferrier has claimed rooming assignments is her job, Yawn decided the rooms would be allowed to be changed, claiming the chef ranked above everyone. Due to this, Ferrier ended up having to change rooms from rooming with White to rooming with Drake, so that White and Checketts could be in a room together.

Malia Finds, Photographs And Reports Hannah’s Drugs

As if this wasn’t enough drama for one episode, at the end of the episode we see that White turned a photo of Ferrier’s “personal belongings” over to White. The photo included a box of Valium and a pen (that could be used for CBD). Yawn claimed “someone has drugs on board,” and decides to address this with Ferrier.

While White told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live that she reported Ferrier “because it was my duty to,” noting that “I don’t want to lose my licensing,” many fans took issue with what went down. Specifically, the fact that Ferrier was being accused of being on “drugs” when she was taking a prescription for anti-anxiety medication and had a CBD pen- which is legal where she was- was beyond ridiculous. It seemed to send the message that having to take medicine for anxiety was equivalent to having a drug problem.

Ferrier took to Twitter to share the following post:

Below Deck Hanna Ferrier accused of drug use - evidence

As you can see, Ferrier not only re-shared the photo that White took and sent to Yawn, but also proved that her valium was indeed prescribed by a doctor.

Malia’s Reasoning

In an Instagram post she ended up deleting, White tried to further defend why she did what she did, stating the following:

“If any crew member suffers from a mental health condition that they require medication for they must disclose that to the Captain BEFORE signing onto the boat. They then under the supervision of Captain or Officer can be given medication as needed and evaluated to see if they can still stand duty.

While at sea the Captain is the medical person in charge- any and all medical decisions MUST go through them. Taking any sedative while on duty is completely illegal and could cost myself, the officers and Captain Sandy all of our licensing.

Not to mention possible jail time and fines if an incident occurred & a crew member was found to have been on something without authorization,” she wrote. “Reporting any incident especially one we witness is all of our job. Yachting is my career- I’m not here to worry about plot twists & TV drama- I’m here to do my job and learn how to become a Captain. Maritime laws are in place for a reason.”

Ferrier took to Instagram live to state that “I was really disappointed because I felt like Malia and I got along quite well all season,” Ferrier said. Adding, “I feel like we were respectful to each other. I really didn’t realize that Malia and I were in such a bad place that she would do that. It’s just very snakey, very underhanded.”

The Plot Thickens As Malia White Is Now Accused Of Drug Use

While some think White’s reasoning for turning the photo over to Yawn had to do with the drama surrounding the room arrangements- something White has denied- the plot thickened last night when Hunziker took to his Instagram story to accuse White of using drugs herself- and, these drugs are not the type that are prescribed.

In a now-deleted Instagram story post, Hunziker wrote “I feel for @hannahferrier234. I battle anxiety daily for personal reasons between me and my doctor, I’m prescribed similar medicine and had it with me on board the whole time.”

“I didn’t get fired,” Hunziker continued. “I had panic attacks, I took my medicine, I was fine.”

Hunziker then went in on white, specifically stating “What a rat, let’s air sweetheart Malia’s DRUG history out there Miss I’m so worried about my ticket but I’ll sniff an 8 ball not eh weekend.”

“Yup I’ve spoken,” Hunziker wrapped with saying, “truth hurts.” He also added the hashtag #MentalHealth and tagged @belowedeckmedbravo.

Here is a copy of the post:

Below Deck's Malia White is accused of drug use

For reference, an 8 ball is a slang term, typically referring to an eighth of an ounce of cocaine.

While Hunziker did remove the post, this is a major allegation in White’s direction, especially since White was involved in accusing Ferrier of “having drugs onboard,” making this a major part of the storyline that likely will lead to Ferrier being let go from the cast.

Where Do Things Go From Here For Below Deck?

While we are anxiously awaiting next week’s episode to see the drama continue to unfold, it seems there is a lot of drama that is occurring off-camera between the cast as well now. To quote Cohen’s most famous moniker, we’re just going to have to sit back and “watch what happens” – but something tells us the explosive fighting and information outing is far from over.

READ MORE REALITY NEWS:
Captain Sandy Slams Hannah Ferrier in New Statement after Firing her
EXCLUSIVE: Chrishell Stause’s Camp Responds To Infidelity & Abuse Allegations
Vicki Gunvalson- I’m Officially Moving On From Orange County And The Real Houswives
90 Day Fiance- Paul Staehle Responds To Karine’s Sexual, Physical Assault Allegations

• Bonnie Gibson, August 12, 2020 @ 1:20 pm Reply

Its evident that Malia set Hanna up, she wanted her way ,she wanted to have her boyfriend in her bunk and her friend buggy
    as first crew Hanna was in her way,problem solved throw Hanna under the bus for taking prescription medication. malia needs to go

• April, August 12, 2020 @ 3:25 pm Reply

Hanna has had panic attacks for awhile. A few seasons ago it was aired that she takes medication for them. So captain sandy should have known. Malia wanted her boyfriend in her room and she threw Hanna under the bus to get her own way. Karma is a [email protected] . What comes around goes around. If Hanna gets fired over taken prescribed medication I will not watch another episode .

• Tammy Vogelgesang, August 13, 2020 @ 7:11 am Reply

EXACTLY!! Sandy is fully aware!! They must think we are stupid!!

• Pamela wade, September 7, 2020 @ 9:20 pm Reply

Captain Sandy needs to sit her ass down !!

• Kelly, August 12, 2020 @ 10:25 pm Reply

If she get fire for taken medicine that has her name on it I will not it again because that bull shit you need to drug test the one that does 8 ball a weekend she need to go by by

• Tammy Vogelgesang, August 13, 2020 @ 7:10 am Reply

Malia was fully aware of Hanna’s Valium on the night that Kiko was fired, when Hanna was having a panic attack and went into the bathroom, so why didn’t she say something to Sandy THEN!? Because she is a snarky, nasty person who was butt hurt that she may miss out on sex with her bf…The whole sitch is messed up….Bravo wants us to believe that her bf was headed to see a sick family member, yet he had time to take a chef position….We can see where his priorities are…Def not with family.

• Jacki, August 13, 2020 @ 9:11 am Reply

I cannot stand her Malia !! 🤷‍♀️

• Wanda, August 18, 2020 @ 12:48 am Reply

I agree! Malia is like a little kid trying to get even about the room changes. She also runs to the captain to tattle about every little thing. And she will continue to until the end of the season. She is one of the most narriscists I’ve ever seen and thinks her **** doesn’t stink, but it does because I could smell her from the TV

• Samantha Roberts, August 18, 2020 @ 11:36 am Reply

Malia little tittle tattle just go girl go bye 👋 every minute sandy this sandy that and your taking cocaine two faced bitch

• Jessica B., September 3, 2020 @ 9:25 pm Reply

Hannah did not have a doctor’s prescription for those drugs, period. Rules need to be followed for everyone’s safety during work. Especially handling a million-dollar yacht. Manila did not hit an 8 ball during her call to work. It’s as simple as that…(Let her burn a hole in her nostrils as long as during her time off) it’s her personal life.
        Is Manila a snitch, yes.
        Hannah was better off sharing her room with Bugsy.

• Laura, September 11, 2020 @ 2:29 pm Reply

First off, although not in this article, SOOOO disappointed that Kate Chastain made negative comments about Hannah. Her cheeky comments are normally a good laugh, however in this serious situation she should have remained silent .
        As for Malia she is just a b**** among many other things. And even thought she had already ran crying to Sandy and got her way with room arrangements, it wasn’t enough for her she had to be vengeful and take that photo and forwarded it to Sandy. Who handled it so unbelievably unprofessional, as she did with countless situations. Let’s just get it straight Hannah was in possession of a medication not DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS like Sandy and Malia keep saying. As they both make incorrect and mindless comments about mental health.
        If Malia is truly only in it for furthering her career she should be doing it outside the show. But she isn’t !! Instead she has places her head directly up Sandy’s ___, and in return was Sandy’s minion.
        I truly believe Sandy lurks around like she does so she can manipulate situations to get herself more camera time. Malia too as far as that goes, part of Sandy’s mentoring, monkey see monkey do. Why wasnt Sandy concerned about Malia calling the deck hands boy’s? No different than sweetie really.
        As for Kiko he is such upstanding man. He really is!! He didn’t deserve the lack of mentoring, lack of compation and harshness he was dealt.
        I cant know for fact about Malia’s supposed drug use. But I can say It’s not surprising to me if she is doing 8balls.
        Bravo is reveling a bit too much in these plots, drama is to be expected, but those that so negatively impact personal issues should not be so eagerly welcomed. It leaves a bad taste in viewing mouth. Both Hannah and Kiko will be ok…they have a Conscience and dignity.

• Eili, August 13, 2020 @ 12:22 pm Reply

Captain Sandy is a huge disappointment. Captain Lee said the chef doesn’t outrank the chief stew. Mal is a sneak. Mali a needs to answer just yes or no-did you use cocaine during Below med? Other crew members should come forward if they saw or heard anything related to this. Mali a should be booted off the show.

• Mary Beth, August 13, 2020 @ 12:38 pm Reply

Malia is a power tripping snake. Never liked her. Thinks all the guys love her. She screwed over chef Adam. Get rid of her. I fast forward through scenes she is in. Captain Sandy should go too. Another power tripper who chooses favorites.

• Mimo, August 13, 2020 @ 3:59 pm Reply

Malia and her cooch on fire!! 🔥🔥🔥 She wanted to get pounded by her chef boyfriend so badly, almost like she’s the man in the relationship she had to do whatever it took to get that cooch serviced. Unprofessional, unethical what she did to Hannah. Captain Sandy clearly crushing in Malia, so obvious she wants her as a girlfriend 🙄

• Below Deck Med's Hannah Fires Back at Drug Use Accusation by Malia, Peter Accuses Malia of Using Drugs | Headline News, August 14, 2020 @ 7:14 am Reply

[…] medication as needed and evaluated to see if they can still stand duty,” she wrote, reported Celeb Magazine. “While at sea the Captain is the medical person in charge- any and all medical decisions MUST go […]

• Mary, August 18, 2020 @ 8:37 am Reply

We do ALL know this is a Reality TV Show?? Right???
      This stuff is Scripted. Hanna is out and now Pregnant. To bad we can’t do the math for that. They are saying she did
      ( Hannah) something wrong but she didn’t. Jist a storyline for her exit. Set Bugsy up for next year since Hannah can’t do it.
      Anyone???

• Beneath Deck Med's Hannah Fires Again at Drug Use Accusation by Malia, Peter Accuses Malia of Utilizing Medication | Real Raw News today, August 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm Reply

[…] as wanted and evaluated to see if they will nonetheless stand obligation,” she wrote, reported Celeb Magazine. “Whereas at sea the Captain is the medical individual in charge- any and all medical choices […]

• Lisa, August 17, 2020 @ 7:52 pm Reply

Malia’s a little pussy! Running to Captain Sandy cause she couldn’t bunk with her man, get the hell over it bitch! The Bosun position has gone straight to her head for sure, i never liked her from the start when she was playing Adam and Wess like fidles, so not cool she is!

• sissy davis, August 18, 2020 @ 4:57 am Reply

Sandy and Malia are power hungry. Get them both off. Going to stop watching Bravo Andy Cohen is a filthy mouthed person and all the shows are just like him. Sex, drinking and bullying. Its not what it once was.

• Tracy, August 18, 2020 @ 8:43 am Reply

It’s clear to me that Malia has a double standard! Why is it ok for her to refer to the deck hands as “boys” but is insulted when they call her sweetheart. YES PPL IT OS THE SAME! They are men, guys, fellas, team but certainly not BOYS! It aggravates me every time I hear it! Does she call the interior “girls” or chicks? Cmon Sandy you gotta see that!

Whatever the corporate mandate / maritime law is for drugs and if Hannah violates it then yes- she should have been disciplined. Fired? IDK? Really? Written up warning etc. yes. Fired? Is that what you really wanted Malia because frankly she’s probably the only one that can handle your boyfriends tantrums!!

Malia you have some maturing to do. Hannah good luck to you. It was your time anyway and you’re not all in the clear here either – I do think it could have been handled better.

• Krystyna, August 18, 2020 @ 1:16 pm Reply

Malia and Sandy have got to go. Won’t watch if they’re still on. I have never posted anything on any of the bravo shows, which I watch all of them, but on Malia and Sandy I have posted three times already Malia thinks way too much of her self and so does Sandy

• Rose, August 18, 2020 @ 5:31 pm Reply

Very disappointed by Captain Sandy, I think she is blind to Malia’s true personality. If Malia was really so concerned about drugs why did she wait days to report it. Have no respect for Malia, she gives decent hard-working women a bad name. Malia is an immature, self-centered spoiled brat and from the looks of the coming attractions it looks like boyfriend Tom is on his way out which will make her look really bad, maybe that will open Captain Sandy’s eyes to Malia’s true character. As a side note, Sandy well aware of Hannah’s anxiety issues as she dealt with it last year and Hannah told her she just has to take her medicine. Sadly I liked Captain Sandy up to this point, everybody makes mistakes but her accusations against Hannah not having a passion for her job were colored by Malia’s input. Just look how things are falling apart without Hannah, After all Bugsy’s bragging how she could do it better doesn’t hold water, she should have been able to step into Hannah’s position if she was as good as she tells everyone she is, it’s all falling apart without Hannah, guess they all have to eat their words now, can’t wait to see how it effects their tip – shell in the oysters? not really professional. Don’t know that I can watch this after this season. Wish Hannah all the best, she’s the lucky one.

• Lisa, August 18, 2020 @ 6:30 pm Reply

I’ve never been a fan of Hannah’s but I think Malia is a sneaky sneaky little person
    I knew that from the beginning of the season and Kiko was treated poorly
    Malia is so far up Captain Sandy’s ass it’s sickening I wish Sandy would be fired and little Malia will have no body else to turn to
    I don’t think Captain Sandy is doing a very good job at all with her crew