Earlier today, the Bravo fanbase was completely shook when it was revealed that Vanderpump Rules stars Stassi Schroeder, Kristen Doute, Max Boyens, and Brett Caprioni were fired. This was due to a multitude of things that included the following:
- An incident in which Stassi and Kristen had called the police on former cast member Faith Stowers, who was African-American
- Comments that Stassi had made regarding African-Americans on her Podcast Straight Up With Stassi that dated back to as early as 2017 (you can see one example here that we posted about on our Instagram recently)
- Tweet that Max and Brett had issued that were undeniably racist
As we mentioned earlier, the following apologies had come in prior to the following:
- Stassi said: “Racially insensitive comments from my past have resurfaced. It is important that I continue to take accountability for what I have said and done while pushing myself to do better. I have grown significantly from the person I was then, and I am still filled with remorse and regret for the hurt I caused. I am grateful for the people in my life that continue to check me and push nee to evolved into a more educated person. I also want to address my former castmate, Faith Stowers. My emotions were over something that happened between our friends outweighed my logic, and there is no excuse for that. I did not recognize then the serious ramifications that could have transpired because of my actions. What I did to Faith was wrong. I apologize and I do not expect forgiveness. I am also sorry for anyone else that feels disappointed in me. I am going to continue to look closer at myself and my actions- to take the time to listen, to learn, and to take accountability for my own privilege.”
- Kristen said: “I have been taking some time to really process what I’ve been seeing, feeling, and learning. And I need to address something specific that happened a few years ago with my former castmate, Faith Stowers. Although my actions were not racially driven, I am now completely aware of how my privilege blinded me from the reality of law enforcement’s treatment of the black community, and how dangerous my actions could have been to her. It was never my intention to add to the injustice and imbalance. I’m ashamed, embarrassed, and incredibly sorry. I will do better. I have to do better.”
- On last week’s first part of the reunion, Max said “I’m an adult now, and I cringe even thinking that I said those things. We live in a generation now where saying some things, even if you are of that culture, is just frowned upon. I just want to say I’m just really, sincerely sorry.”
- On last week’s first part of the reunion, Brett said “It wasn’t OK then, it’s not OK now. It’s something I regret deeply, and it was just kind of making jokes with each other as we’d literally be in the same room and just say stupid s**t to each other, and it was a dumb f**king thing to do. I’m doing my best to move forward and be the best person I can be.”
It is not unreasonable to question the following: If Bravo (and the production company) had such a major issue with comment Stassi had made, actions Stassi and Kristen had taken, and tweets Max and Brett had issued, why were they all not let go immediately? Why did it take until today for action to be taken?
We spoke exclusively to a production insider who had dish to spill.
“Bravo wasn’t planning on doing anything,” our source exclusively shared with us. “They hadn’t taken any action prior to this and they had no intention to take any now.”
“The production company was pushing Bravo to fire them,” our insider continued spilling, “but Bravo was still reluctant to do so and standing their ground.”
So what made them ultimately changed their mind?
“Once MTV announced that they had fired Dee Nguyen from The Challenge,” our source confirmed, “then they felt like their hands were tied and they had to make the move to sever ties.”
It still remains to be seen if Jax Taylor will ultimately end up getting the axe as well. As we exclusively reported earlier today 90 Day Fiance star Ashley Smith is calling for him to be fired after Jax left a comment she deemed as racist about her husband on her Instagram.