Earlier today, the Bravo fanbase was completely shook when it was revealed that Vanderpump Rules stars Stassi SchroederKristen DouteMax Boyens, and Brett Caprioni were fired. This was due to a multitude of things that included the following:

• An incident in which Stassi and Kristen had called the police on former cast member Faith Stowers, who was African-American
  • Comments that Stassi had made regarding African-Americans on her Podcast Straight Up With Stassi that dated back to as early as 2017 (you can see one example here that we posted about on our Instagram recently)
  • Tweet that Max and Brett had issued that were undeniably racist

As we mentioned earlier, the following apologies had come in prior to the following:

• Stassi said: “Racially insensitive comments from my past have resurfaced. It is important that I continue to take accountability for what I have said and done while pushing myself to do better. I have grown significantly from the person I was then, and I am still filled with remorse and regret for the hurt I caused. I am grateful for the people in my life that continue to check me and push nee to evolved into a more educated person. I also want to address my former castmate, Faith Stowers. My emotions were over something that happened between our friends outweighed my logic, and there is no excuse for that. I did not recognize then the serious ramifications that could have transpired because of my actions. What I did to Faith was wrong. I apologize and I do not expect forgiveness. I am also sorry for anyone else that feels disappointed in me. I am going to continue to look closer at myself and my actions- to take the time to listen, to learn, and to take accountability for my own privilege.”
  • Kristen said: “I have been taking some time to really process what I’ve been seeing, feeling, and learning. And I need to address something specific that happened a few years ago with my former castmate, Faith Stowers. Although my actions were not racially driven, I am now completely aware of how my privilege blinded me from the reality of law enforcement’s treatment of the black community, and how dangerous my actions could have been to her. It was never my intention to add to the injustice and imbalance. I’m ashamed, embarrassed, and incredibly sorry. I will do better. I have to do better.”
  • On last week’s first part of the reunion, Max said “I’m an adult now, and I cringe even thinking that I said those things. We live in a generation now where saying some things, even if you are of that culture, is just frowned upon. I just want to say I’m just really, sincerely sorry.”
  • On last week’s first part of the reunion, Brett said “It wasn’t OK then, it’s not OK now. It’s something I regret deeply, and it was just kind of making jokes with each other as we’d literally be in the same room and just say stupid s**t to each other, and it was a dumb f**king thing to do. I’m doing my best to move forward and be the best person I can be.”

It is not unreasonable to question the following: If Bravo (and the production company) had such a major issue with comment Stassi had made, actions Stassi and Kristen had taken, and tweets Max and Brett had issued, why were they all not let go immediately? Why did it take until today for action to be taken?

We spoke exclusively to a production insider who had dish to spill.

“Bravo wasn’t planning on doing anything,” our source exclusively shared with us. “They hadn’t taken any action prior to this and they had no intention to take any now.”

“The production company was pushing Bravo to fire them,” our insider continued spilling, “but Bravo was still reluctant to do so and standing their ground.”

So what made them ultimately changed their mind?

“Once MTV announced that they had fired Dee Nguyen from The Challenge,” our source confirmed, “then they felt like their hands were tied and they had to make the move to sever ties.”

It still remains to be seen if Jax Taylor will ultimately end up getting the axe as well. As we exclusively reported earlier today 90 Day Fiance star Ashley Smith is calling for him to be fired after Jax left a comment she deemed as racist about her husband on her Instagram.

• Angie, June 10, 2020 @ 1:35 am Reply

Not that I agree with any of them . But what happen to freedom of speech ?

• Brianne, June 10, 2020 @ 12:09 pm Reply

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to that speech.

• Sue, June 11, 2020 @ 12:27 am Reply

Exactly.

• Musonda Sosala, June 10, 2020 @ 1:43 pm Reply

Freed of speech at the expense of people’s feelings. We are talking about race and sexuality here, these are two things we cannot compromise on. I don’t care if you don’t like me, I would care if don’t like me because I’m black or gay because that’s not something I can change.

• Enough already, June 10, 2020 @ 2:08 pm Reply

Exactly

• Ingrid, June 10, 2020 @ 2:53 pm Reply

Actions have consequences. They called the civilian police and military police multiple times to try to get a Black woman arrested without any evidence. Stating “why is everything about African American.. why is it always about race” is racist no matter how anyone spins it- it’s racist.

Also, yes I saw the clip of alleged woman involved in the robbery. No she does not look like Faith. It was racially profiling her when the only similar was her skin color.

Stassi has years of problematic behavior followed by a PR apology, it’s just who she is at this point. Her “Nazi Chic” says it all.

• Karma, June 11, 2020 @ 6:29 pm Reply

Let’s not forget that she had sex With Jax in front of the elderly lady and re orded it without his knowledge but that is ok. NASTY!!!!

• Kathy, June 10, 2020 @ 3:08 pm Reply

Freedom of speech has to do with the government not censoring your speech. Private entities can do whatever they want.

• Nick Gurr, July 29, 2020 @ 7:39 pm Reply

Unless youuntil youre demanding they bake a cake? You sound so Fuckin dumb.

• Nick gurr, July 29, 2020 @ 7:38 pm Reply

Sjws happened.
      Who cares that 13 percent of the population commits well over half of all murders.
      Faith was a literal whore but because of her skin color she’s a protected class.
      Pathetic

• Cristy, June 10, 2020 @ 1:47 am Reply

Its not fair to fire them for something that happened yrs ago your about to lose thousands of few for this I have watched all House Wife shows plus Vanderpump Rules from day one but I will no longer watch any Brovo series

• Amanda, June 10, 2020 @ 9:20 pm Reply

Then just don’t watch lol they don’t care if you stop watching hun

• Erica, June 10, 2020 @ 2:16 am Reply

I stand for BLM but I think it’s preposterous that Stassi and Kristen we’re fired!!!!! I’m fuming!!!

• Jean spurr, June 10, 2020 @ 2:59 am Reply

I don’t think stassie should have been let go .She is one of the girls that make that show

• Nellie Bolger, June 10, 2020 @ 4:32 am Reply

You can’t change every single person and their beliefs, there are plenty of racist ppl and that’s never going to change! This whole black live matter started due to police cruelty so now everyone who ever made a racial slur is going to be fired? Let’s make sure black ppl aren’t using the n word and calling white ppl crackers and Becky’s and Karen’s and what ever other names we are called. I understand the issues black ppl face in society I have bi racial family members I get the police brutality but you cant make ppl like any certain person regardless of race or personality, attitude, looks. Ppl connect with who they connect with and freedom of speech is still our right. My point is change for helping the black community is awesome but it won’t change everyone’s opinion.

• Lindsay, June 10, 2020 @ 8:16 am Reply

The best response I’ve ever read!

• Julia, June 10, 2020 @ 4:43 am Reply

Everyone above is stupid and they deserve the axe. Bye ladies. Black Lives Matter.

• Sheri, June 26, 2020 @ 5:56 pm Reply

All lives matter, All black lives matter, by just saying BLM you are being racist. If BLM why are you not protesting to defend planned parent hood, why are not protesting black on black crime? If BLM then why are they allowing black businesses to be looted and destroyed in predominantly black neighborhoods?
      BLM protests every 4 years when its election time and the rest of the year they only fight for the LGBQ community. They are funded by Soros and Clintons. Now back to the topic at hand, Bravo knew about these incidents and even aired the one and as for max and Brett… ya wouldn’t have known about them if it wasn’t for Jax bringing it up at the reunion. I guarantee each of them walked out with a nice settlement!

• Mindy, June 10, 2020 @ 6:04 am Reply

I WILL NOT WATCH VPR IF THEY ARE NOT ON IT…..

• Helene, June 10, 2020 @ 7:17 am Reply

They are racist against white people but nothing ever happens to them does it?! That is reverse discrimination isn’t it?! Sick of hearing about white privilege! We all suffer!

• Emartinez, June 10, 2020 @ 9:03 am Reply

Yikes!!! 😳 😬 😱
    The shit has Literally hit the fan!

• Marilyn, June 10, 2020 @ 9:06 am Reply

Omg stop this is something that was said years ago people grow and think different the hate has to STOP and firing people is ridiculous and can have everybody I know fired because people have said stuff that they’ve regret about people and what people look like your judged every single day come on now let this drop and stop being stupid about things Bravo stand your ground and don’t fire them they make the show and I know alot of people will stop watching it..we need to stop this or it’s going to get worst for everyone people are going to go back on people everywhere 😡

• Tammie, June 10, 2020 @ 10:10 am Reply

Everyone says things they don’t really mean.
    I don’t believe it’s fair to fire people for something they said years ago, we are all protected under the first amendment. Bravo I’m a big fan, but you need to get a backbone in protecting your staff. Staff meaning, Vanderpump Rules the individuals that are on the show, LeeAnn from Dallas Housewives & Vicki, Housewives of Orange County.
    Like I said everyone makes mistakes, what happened to forgiveness.

• Brenda, June 10, 2020 @ 11:44 am Reply

I do not agree that Stassi should be let go, nor Max or Brett. They are good for the show along with LaLa, Jax and Brittany, Tom and Kate, Shenna, Rachel and boyfriend. NOW WHO SHOULD BE LET GO IS “CHARLIE”, VERY BAD FOR THE SHOW.

• Cweir, June 10, 2020 @ 12:06 pm Reply

You know what none of these people should be fired , why is it black peoples can run around calling white people anything they want but if a white person says something like they don’t like brown bread all hell let’s loose
    I don’t know how many times rhoa rhop have made remarks about white peoples and nobody bats a eye padra parks is racist as fuck against white people, I’m sick to the back teeth of it , white people should start demonstrating about being racily discriminated against on a daily basis and start suing bravo

• DS, June 10, 2020 @ 2:11 pm Reply

People don’t proofread before they leave comments do they?

• Karma, June 11, 2020 @ 6:34 pm Reply

• Angie, July 23, 2020 @ 8:12 pm Reply

They deserve to be fired. Faith shouldn’t have slept with Jax near the old lady, either. Gross

• Lisa, August 5, 2020 @ 12:49 am Reply

So why is the N word allowed in rap music?