Casa Dragones is a world-renowned, small batch artisanal sipping tequila brand, and the exciting new partner of Art Basel Miami Beach. It’s the perfect partnership between the sipping tequila company and Art Basel, marking the first major art fair partnership for the Mexican brand. Take a stroll through the tasting room for Casa Dragones and then admire the contemporary art; you’re sure to enjoy your day at the art fair when tequila is involved.
Casa Dragones and Art Basel
Inspired by Casa Dragones’ celebrated tasting room in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, the Art Basel Miami Beach tasting room is art come to life. Created with the idea of embracing a deep-seated desire to provide guests a transportive, sensory experience with Casa Dragones terroir, the Art Basel tasting room will make guests feel like they’re taken straight to Mexico.
It’s a private, intimate setting, crafted from translucent Mexican white onyx, with brass touches throughout. But the design team kicked it up a notch, with accents. Stacked onyx columns and shelves that evoke Mexico’s Basalt Prisms, rock formations created by lava. The overall vibe takes the imagination on a wild journey across the lava fields, and the sooth sipping flavors ground you in the present. Other design touches include inspirations taken from the agave plant, with diamond pattern touches throughout that evoke the leaf of the plant that creates tequila.
Each day during the fair, events will take place in the tasting room, including guest talents, guest mixologists creating world-class craft cocktails, and showcases of Casa Dragones artistic editions. The exclusive, multi-year dear with Art Basel means that this is just the start of something beautiful, and Casa Dragones will be the brand served in any location around the fair including all the bars and at official and VIP parties.
In a statement, the Casa Dragones and Art Basel team shares, “The partnership complements Casa Dragones’ history of art collaborations. Casa Dragones CEO and Founder, Bertha Gonzales Nieves said, ‘This partnership is very exciting for us, as it highlights twelve years of Casa Dragones ongoing support for the arts.’ Over the years, it has created special editions with artists including Gabriel Orozco, Danh Vo, and Pedro Reyes. Art Basel’s Global Director, Marc
Spiegler, adds ‘Our patrons know and love the brand from their ongoing involvement in the arts and presence at our fairs for over 10 years. We are delighted to work with Casa Dragones as an official partner.’ Casa Dragones’ meticulous attention to detail and love of artistic tradition is also shown in its revival of the traditional Mexican art of ‘pepita’ hand engraving. Each lead-free crystal bottle is signed and numbered, and adorned with this artisanal engraving.”
Casa Dragones: World-leading Sipping Tequila
If you’re not familiar with Casa Dragones and love sipping tequila – where have you been? But it’s not too late to familiarize yourself with one of the world’s finest brands, a quality experience from the first sip to the last. It’s a small-batch producer known the world over for the fine quality of its products, and the unique flavor.
Opened in 2009, Casa Dragones’ Joven has been the talk of the tequila world, earning praise from sommeliers around the world and aficionados and enthusiasts alike. Wine Enthusiast magazine awarded the Joven line 96 points, the highest they’ve ever handed out. You can find Casa Dragones through the US and Mexico, as well as in select markets in Europe. To give this unique brand a try and dive into the world of fine sipping tequilas, visit the website.
Art Basel Miami Beach
But if you want to wait until Art Basel to try your first sip, the day has almost arrived. CELEB took a look at Art Basel Miami and all it has to offer:
“This year’s Art Basel Miami is happening on December 2 through 4. 2020 Should have been a joyous celebration of the art fair’s 50th year, but obviously things went a little sideways. However, 2021 is a chance to start fresh and celebrate all that Art Basel brings to the world of art and culture. So what does this year’s festival have to offer? Here are some of the highlights:
- Wynwood Walls: The permanent art installation celebrated the world over announced their theme this year would be, ‘Agents of Change.’ The mural installation is adding 13 new pieces from globally-renowned artists.
- Chanel Jungle Plaza: It’s the 100th anniversary of the brand’s iconic fragrance, so to celebrate they’re creating a labyrinthine, multi-sensory experience under the guidance of artist Es Devlin. The installation centers on a massive sculpture, flanked by 1,000 trees. The trees will be planted around Miami after the festival concludes.
- Louis Vuitton: The premiere design brand will showcase their Spring men’s collection to a runway at Art Basel by artist designer Virgil Abloh.
- RIMOWA: The German luggage company associated with a minimalist metal chic is debuting its ‘As Seen By’ line which reinvents its classic lines and shapes through the eyes of artists.
- The Confidante: This iconic hotel is teaming up with the Museum of Graffiti to create a massive skatepark installation in the hotel’s backyard from the hands of female graffiti artists, activists and skaters from around the world. They will host skate demonstrations, art sales and a female empowerment panel.
- American Express Platinum Studio: A place for visitors to unwind, set up just outside of Miami’s EDITION hotel. It’s an immersive place to unwind with shoppable art pieces throughout.
- Hästens Grand Vividus: Hästens is unveiling its $500K Grand Vividus Bed. Guests can call ahead to schedule ‘Sleep Spa Basel Breaks’ if you need a place to lie down – on ‘the world’s most comfortable bed.'”
Art Basel has so much more to offer, and now we know that includes Casa Dragones. If you’re thinking to check out the festival, book your hotel ASAP – the day is approaching and hotel prices are outrageous. But it’ll be worth it, even if just so you can sit in the creatively designed Tasting Room and relax away to the smooth taste of Casa Dragones.