Countdown to 2022: 25 Best Luxury Spots to Ring in New Year, Part 1
The end is nigh! Not the end of the world, luckily – as far as we know – but certainly
The end is nigh! Not the end of the world, luckily – as far as we know – but certainly the end of 2021. With a year that has been so trying and difficult for so many, it’s no surprise that people are eager to bid it farewell and see what 2022 has to offer. If you’re looking for a way to say goodbye in a big way and celebrate in luxury, you’re in luck. CELEB is counting down over the next 5 weeks, bringing you the top 25 luxury destinations from which to ring in New Year’s Eve. Without further ado, let’s get started with part one.
Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas/ Los Cabos
There’s nothing that says luxury quite like a Waldorf Astoria, and this option comes with two destinations in one: Las Vegas plus Los Cabos. Whether you’re looking for luxury in the heart of a desert city with a vibrant, all-night scene, or hoping for some more tropical relaxation in a celebrity luxury destination far from the bustle of city life, they’ve got you covered.
And these two properties do something special for New Year’s Eve. The iconic sister locations have teamed up to offer an out-of-this-world NYE package that will have you reaching for your card to book your stay before you finish this article. The team shares in a statement, “Guests looking to ring in the New Year in the ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’ then recover on the beach in Los Cabos can book the ultimate $200,000 New Year’s Eve Package, complete with an extravagant countdown celebration, a private jet to Los Cabos, seaside hangover treatments, and so much more.”
The package takes guests from the vibrancy of Las Vegas to the relaxation and zen of Los Cabos so you can get the best of both worlds. Here’s what the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas offers for the NYE package:
- Accommodations in the Presidential Suite.
- VIP airport transportation in an Aston Martin.
- Drinks and a table in SkyBar with Remy Martin Louis XIII tasting experience.
- Maverick Helicopter ride with a view over the Strip.
- Private shopping at Alice + Olivia.
- Couple’s treatment at The Spa.
- In-room private bartender for 20 people, along with canapes and an open bar.
- A private jet to Los Cabos on New Year’s Day.
And the Waldorf Astoria in Los Cabos adds this to the package:
- VIP airport transfer in a luxury SUV.
- Accommodations in a premier suite.
- Floating breakfast in-suite.
- Private tequila and oyster tasting at Va y Viene Bar on the beach.
- 90-minute spa treatment on the beach.
- A delightful sunset dinner at El Farallon’s private Seaside Table.
- Agave Study at Peacock Alley private experience.
The hotel will take care of everything for you and make sure you make it from Vegas to Los Cabos even if you’re still a little dazed from the night’s celebrations.
Island Getaways – Maldives and Amelia Island
Maybe you’re looking for something a bit more removed, so these two island destinations could be right up your alley.
Jaoli Being, Maldives is the perfect romantic getaway spot to celebrate New Year’s with a tropical island flair. This brand new resort in Bodufushi Maldives is the pinnacle of luxury. It’s a nature-immerse resort focused on wellness and connection with the world around you. Joali Being is celebrating New Year’s all the way until January 6th, so you’ve got more than one night to enjoy the NYE festivities. Here’s what you’ll find at the brand new resort for New Year’s:
- December 31: Rise refreshed with Sunrise Salutations Morning Yoga, then relax the day away before enjoying a night of dancing, acrobats, and festivities as midnight approaches.
- January 1: Indulge in the First New Year’s Brunch with Joali Being’s signature premier ingredients meals; light, but filling and delicious. The hotel is also kicking off its year-long Ready, Set, Move challenge which inspires people to start the year off in an active way.
- January 2: Start with pilates before enjoying a Goal Mapping session, which guides you through setting up a successful plan for your future. Later in the day indulge in Island Castaways, a New Year picnic set up on a secluded island straight out of a storybook.
- Other options for guests during the week-long celebration include: Non-alcoholic mixology classes, intuitive eating classes, marine classes and guided meditation and breathwork with expert practitioners.
If tropical isn’t quite your thing but you still want to get off the mainland and let go for an evening, Amelia Island, Florida, may be just the spot for you. The Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island is celebrating the New Year with its Seventh Annual Gala. Luxurious food buffets include delectable bites from a seafood and sushi station, living salad station, antipasti and appetizers.
Guests can dance the night away to a live music scene and enjoy the open bar. Fireworks and a champagne toast will mark midnight, and guests are encouraged to wear the Black & White attire theme. Like the Waldorf Astoria, the Ritz-Carlton name is synonymous with luxury so you can’t go wrong with a night in Amelia Island’s most relaxing locale.
MacArthur and Old Edwards
Back on the mainland, there are plenty of options left to pick from If you’re looking for a West Coast getaway, the MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa in Sonoma, California, may be calling your name. Nestled in the heart of rolling hills and wine country, the MacArthur Place is designed to host groups of 8.
The New Year’s Package is designed to make your night of celebrating easy – they handle all of the details for you. The website explains, “Fly into 2022 with an exclusive Surf Air x MacArthur Place wine country getaway for eight (8) guests. Our New Year’s Eve experience includes a private chartered flight to Sonoma from your home airport, 25% off a two-night stay in luxe accommodations, a $100 resort credit per couple, as well as VIP access to an array of New Year’s events in wine country. Grab your closest cohorts, and jet-set to wine country for an unforgettable holiday.” Enjoy private wine tastings and a cellar door wine tour along with other activities you won’t find anywhere else.
If your thoughts are leaning more towards the East Coast, there’s always the Old Edwards Inn & Spa in Highlands, North Carolina. The Old Edwards is the pinnacle of class and charm, which makes it the ideal holiday destination. With classic Southern architecture and a cozy atmosphere that wraps guests in luxury, holiday celebrations at the Old Edwards focus on cozy fires with live music, delicious foods and beverages, holiday decorations around every corner and “just enough sparkle to make your spirits soar.”
With the Comfort + Joy package, guests will receive a three-course dinner for two at any Old Edwards Food & Beverage outlet and two 50-minute spa treatments at The Spa at Old Edwards.
Have you found your New Year’s destination yet? Don’t worry – there are many more to come. Join CELEB as we count down to New Year’s and bring you these perfect places to celebrate. Check back every Friday as we near Christmas and the end of 2021.