EDC Weekend Brings Magic and Merriment to Las Vegas
It was a weekend of fun, freedom, and music as Electric Daisy Carnival Weekend hit Las Vegas. After an uncertain
It was a weekend of fun, freedom, and music as Electric Daisy Carnival Weekend hit Las Vegas. After an uncertain year, visitors to one of the world’s preeminent music festivals were jubilant at the chance to return to their favorite venues and get back in the groove of things. With EDC taking a different approach this year, the festival was spread out across Las Vegas’s hottest venues and gave guests a chance to explore Sin City, while still feeling deeply connected to the community-oriented EDC festival. CELEB takes a look back at the highlights from the weekend of wonder.
EDC Weekend Day 1
Day one of EDC was a celebratory return to all things prized by EDC attendees. They kicked off the weekend by jumping in with both feet, and started with some of the biggest names in music to get the ball rolling. Here are some of the highlights from EDC Day 1, Friday October 22:
- At Electric Daisy Carnival home base at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, guests were greeted by a stream of headliners including Moore Kismet, who is the youngest artist to play the festival at just 16.
- ILLENIUM surprised guests with a takeover of Forest House Art Car.
- Alison Wonderland played two sets at circuitGROUNDS and a house set at the Parliament Art Car.
- 600 drones coordinated in a breathtaking and futuristic display above the Speedway, whirling and wheeling in unison for an out of this world visual wonder.
- EDC’s signature fireworks lit up the night, bathing Vegas in the light of victory that marked a return to the beloved festival after a dark year, marking 10 years of EDC Las Vegas and 25 years of Electric Daisy Carnival.
- At hospitality Venues around the city, other artists took the stage such as DJ Snake at Ayu Dayclub at Resorts World LV, plus Dreamstate with Cosmic Gate and Mark Schulz at Élia Beach Club.
- Martin Garrix took the stage at OMNIA with Justin Mylo, Tyga at Hakkasan MGM Grand, Steve Aoki at Wet Republic, and Marshmello at Wynn’s XS.
EDC Weekend Day 2
Day 1 could only be eclipsed by the majesty of the lineup for Day 2. Day 2 brought up some more big gun performers and even a few surprises as guests whirled into their second day of magic and joy. Here are the highlights from EDC Weekend Day 2, Saturday October 23:
- It was a huge surprise for fans as Diplo took the stage at cosmicMEADOW with none other than Lil Nas X. They performed his mega-hits “Industry Baby,” “Montero,” and “Old Town Road.”
- DJ Snake and The Kid Laroi wowed audiences and Tiësto rocked the stage at kineticFIELD, the only artist to perform all 10 years at EDC Vegas.
- Brody Jenner made a huge entrance at the Speedway, alighting on stage thanks to the help of a helicopter, before delighting fans behind the bar serving up Mamitas Taquila & Soda.
- Other Day 2 headliners included deadmau5, Gryffin, Martin Garrix, Maceoplex, Dj Diesel, Louis the Child, SLANDER, Vintage Culture plus many more.
- And of course, more fireworks and drone dances. In a statement, Insomniac shared, “The nightly fireworks show wowed fans as they gazed at the Electric Sky from the festival grounds below. The fireworks opened with a booming EDC 25, celebrating 25 years of the world’s biggest dance music festival. The fan-favorite drone show returned for the second night in a row, highlighting some of kineticFIELD’s iconic stage designs from over the years. kineticCATHEDRAL, kineticGAIA, kineticLOVE, and kineticENERGY reminded Headliners of the beautiful memories we’ve made together over the years. Tonight’s drone show featured a new soundtrack, and attendees can look forward to one more night of the beautiful EDC 25 celebration with another specially curated soundtrack.”
It was a wondrous night full of all the spectacle and magic Vegas promises, with the twist of EDC’s unique vibe.
EDC Weekend Day 3
It was bittersweet closing out this year’s festivities, considering how hard it was getting everything off the ground. But EDC went out with a bang as it always does, and even more superstar headliners showed up to rock Day 3. Here are some of the Day 3 highlights from Sunday, October 24th:
- EDC sponsored two chapels this year including the Chapel of Nature and the Chapel of Technology – to meet everyone’s varied tastes. It was a last call for nuptials on Sunday as more couples tied the knot, swept up in the loving atmosphere of the EDC community.
- At cosmicMEADOW, Zedd took the stage to introduce Martin Garrix.
- Other artists to perform this weekend included Kygo, Black Coffee, Rezz, Eric Prydz and more.
- Camp EDC wrapped up its weekend, bidding adieu to its 25,000 campers.
- World Party server on Roblox wrapped up the weekend’s fun as well, with old and new friends saying goodbye at the world’s first virtual music festival.
It may be sad to say farewell, but there’s good news: EDC will be back before you know it. The Insomniac team wrapped up the weekend’s messages with a loving and heartfelt, “we cannot wait to see you Under the Electric Sky very soon at EDC Las Vegas 2022, May 20 – 22!”