Celebrities Who Are First Time Moms Share Sweet Moments as They Celebrate Their First Mother’s Day
Mother's Day: for many, it's a sacred holiday where you celebrate the woman who gave you life. For some, it's
Mother's Day: for many, it's a sacred holiday where you celebrate the woman who gave you life. For some, it's bittersweet. Maybe you didn't know your biological mom and wish you could, maybe you and your mom have a toxic relationship, or maybe you've lost her.
But for most people, it's a day when mom gets to be made to feel special. And there's nothing quite as special as the very first Mother's Day. When you look around and realize you've overcome the challenges of new motherhood and made it to a day that's all about you.
These celebrities celebrated their very first Mother's Day as moms this year and yes, it's as sweet as you're imagining it.
The Very First Mother’s Day is Special to These Celebrities
Mother's Day can be challenging to even the most pampered moms. Usually, a day off means extra work the next day – unless your partner or kids are really on the ball.
But being a celebrity mom is another beast entirely. Not only do you deal with all the trials and tribulations of normal motherhood, you do it under the microscope.
The public is privy to all your triumphs and mistakes, and that can make it extra stressful just trying to raise good humans in an increasingly complex and challenging world.
Nonetheless, these new moms have run the gauntlet and made it to the day that celebrates their achievements. Here's a look at some adorable first-time celebrity moms who found 2022 to be extra special:
- Ilana Glazer
- Michelle Kwan
- Lauren Kennedy
- Abby de la Rosa
- Barbara Bush
- Elaine Welteroth
- Olivia Munn
- Lauren Lane
- Ronda Rousey
- Mia Criss
- Naomi Campbell
- Stephanie Beatriz
- for the full list of new celeb moms, click here.
Celeb moms do everything the rest of us do – they just do it famously. Happy First Mother's Day to these moms and their adorable new bundles of joy.
Stars Celebrate Mother’s Day 2022
For a long time it seemed like celebrities were trying to one-up each other in the social media "show me how you live" game. It trickled down to average people too, who often compared themselves (sometimes subconsciously) to their peers and felt the need to step up their game and provide picture-perfect moments.
Perhaps it was the pandemic, but the oneupsmanship tone and the constant competition seems to be easing a little – and it's evident by how celebs share their most shareworthy moments.
Instead of buying a yacht for mom (or the mother of your children) for Mother's Day, maybe this year you just gave her the gift of your time. Here's how some celebrities opted to spend Mother's Day in a year when we've all learned what really matters:
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner: This saccharine sweet couple celebrated the holiday in a way that's very typically "them." Jonas shared a pic of Turner in completely normal clothes sitting on a bench outside of a shoppe holding a gift bag and added the caption, "Happy Mums Day @sophiet you sexy lil British thang u!"
- Bindi Irwin: Although she's a mom herself, Irwin opted to focus on her mom on social media this year. She shared a picture of herself and mom Terri Irwin from years ago, and captioned it, "The strongest, most loving and caring woman in the world. Mum, I love you more than I can possibly describe. I am forever in awe of the remarkable person you are. Thank you for being my best friend from the moment I can remember."
- Ashley Judd: Ashley's mom Naomi took her own life just days ago, so finding the date Mother's Day was surely difficult. Judd took the opportunity to write about how her mom was forced into motherhood as a teen because of a lack of options – juxtaposing her mom's life story and tragic end with the worry of the impending overturn of Roe v. Wade.
- Halle Berry: The actress took the opportunity to pay tribute to someone she calls her "Other Mother;" Her 5th grade teacher who was instrumental in forming the child who would one day grow to become the star actress we all know.
- Hailey Bieber: Although fans are chomping at the bit to hear a pregnancy announcement from the model and her famous husband Justin, this year Bieber is focused on recovering from a mini-stroke, and celebrating the moms she knows and loves. Bieber shared an old picture of herself and her mom, writing, "Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful Moms. I feel so grateful to be surrounded by so many amazing women that I know I'm gonna learn so much from when it's my turn."
- David Beckham: The soccer star shared a photo compilation of some of the moms in his life, including wife Victoria, with the caption, "❤️❤️❤️ We love you x x x."
- Drake: Everyone knows he loves his mama, so it comes as no surprise that the rapper took time to honor her on Mother's Day.
- Viola Davis: Davis shared a sweet picture of herself and lookalike mom, captioned, "Love you with every fiber of my being. To those who've lost a mom, I am sending you a virtual motherly hug….and comfort. To those who nurture, pour into, sacrifice, serve, mentor and love…..Have the happiest Day!! I celebrate you!!!! ❤️❤️❤️"
- Celine Dion: The legendary singer shared a pic of herself with her three sons, but captioned it with thought for some other mothers out there; "This Mother’s Day, I feel very fortunate to be able to be with my children, and I think about mothers in Ukraine and around the world who have lost their children… and for those mothers who constantly worry about how to keep their children safe… and for those mothers who devote every ounce of their energy just to provide their children with the bare necessities of life. These mothers truly are the courageous ones, and I dedicate this Mother’s Day to all of them. We pray that they will find peace and comfort for their families. ❤- Celine xx…"
- Daniel Dae Kim: The actor shared a picture of himself out to eat with his mom, writing, "So rare to actually be able to spend this special day with my mom. #grateful. Happy Mother's Day, everyone!"
Although everyone knows the drill – if you forget to call mom on Mother's Day, she's entitled to guilt you for a year – it must be ten times worse if you're a celebrity and every move is already documented online.
So it was a smart move for these celebs to take some time out to shout out to the ones who made them who they are (and the ones who made their children!) – even if they didn't birth them.