Forbes Travel Guide Released the 2022 Awards – and You Won’t Want to Miss a Single One
Every year, the Forbes Travel Guide awards stars to the best of the best, and every year the best seem
Every year, the Forbes Travel Guide awards stars to the best of the best, and every year the best seem to get better.
After two years of stalled travel and close destinations, the industry is back and better than ever. And they've had two years to think about how they can improve. So 2022's list of winners may be the most extraordinary yet. Here's a look at some of our favorite and most notable winners from 2022.
Forbes Travel Guides – The Best of the Best
Every year, Forbes Travel Guide (FTG) takes a look at the luxury hotels, resorts, spas and restaurants around the world and determines which are deserving of their coveted 5-star ratings.
It's been a difficult two years for the travel and hospitality industry, with an unsettling number of hotels and restaurants closing for good.
Now though, signs of life are returning to the worlds of travel and hospitality, and it's time to get back out there to experience the best the world has to offer.
With the Forbes Travel Guide Awards, guests can know what to expect before they stay, with a gold-standard rating system that truly separates out the best of the best.
Across the United States – Excellence is Rewarded
Across the United States, winners were numerous and impressive. In Boston the Encore got a standing ovation, and Las Vegas was sprinkled with enough stars to light up the sky. CELEB picked some of our favorites to share, so you'll know which ones to add to your cross-country trip plans.
These hotels and restaurants were newcomers to the 5-star list:
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk, Rhode Island
- Chatham Inn, Massachusetts
- ESPACIO the Jewel of Waikiki, Hawaii
- The Lodge at Blue Sky Auberge, Resorts Collection, Utah
- Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection, Colorado
- The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, New York
These US restaurants made the 5-star cut for the first time:
- Cara, Rhode Island
- Carte Blanche, Texas
- Mugen, Hawaii
In addition to the five-star winners above who just joined the elite, these US hotel destinations earned 5-stars again:
- Rosewood Miramar Beach, California
- Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Massachusetts
- Encore Boston Harbor, Massachusetts
- White Barn Inn Auberge Resorts Collection, Maine
- American Club, Wisconsin
- Acqualina Resort and Residences on the Beach, Florida
- ARIA Sky Suites, Las Vegas
- The Beverly Hills Hotel, California
- Encore at Wynn, Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, Washington
- The Langham, Chicago
- Ocean House, Rhode Island,
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills, Chicago and New York
- Skylofts at MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, California
- Wynn Las Vegas, Nevada
- Williamsburg Inn, Virginia
- The Little Nell, Colorado
MGM Resorts International received 15 five-star awards, and Wynn Resorts was honored with more five-star awards than any independent hotel company in the world.
A Quick Trip Around the World
Across the globe, the stars keep shining. Here are some of our favorite five-star winners from around the globe, and whether this was their first year or not:
- Pan Pacific London, United Kingdom (first year)
- Airelles Courchevel, Les Airelles, France (first year)
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Mexico (first year)
- BLESS Hotel Ibiza, Spain (first year)
- Bulgari Hotel Shanghai, China (first year)
- Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai, United Arab Emirates (first year)
- Four Seasons Hotel Amman, Jordan (first year)
- Four Seasons Resorts Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru (first year)
- Gardena Grödnerhof, Italy (first year)
- Iniala Harbour House, Malta (first year)
- Park Hotel Vitznau, Switzerland (first year)
- Amansara, Cambodia
- Banyan Tree Macau, China
- The Berkeley, United Kingdom
- Capella Singapore, Singapore
- Cheval Blanc Randheli, Maldives
- Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, Turkey
- Dolphin Island, Fiji
- Eden Rock – St Barths, St Barts
- Hassler Roma, Italy
- Grand Lisboa Hotel, China
- Hotel Esencia, Mexico
- Le Meurice, Dorchester Collection, France
- Lotte Hotel St. Petersburg, Russia
- Marco Polo Ortigas Manila, Philippines
- Montage Los Cabos, Mexico
- The Mulia – Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
- The Oberoi Beach Resort, Mauritius
- The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Japan
- Royal Mansour Marrakech, Morocco
- The Savoy, United Kingdom
- The Shilla Seoul, South Korea
- Velaa Private Island, Maldives
This year's list of five-star winners was an extraordinary who's who in the hospitality industry.
For a full list of winners, including five- and four-star winners in the category of hotel, restaurant and spa, visit the website.