It’s time for the holidays, and that means Gaylord Hotels is pulling out all the stops. This year, guests can enjoy a brand new, multi-sensory experience that takes them through Mission: Save Christmas. And it all features the beloved holiday classic, Elf. Gaylord Hotels is known for celebrating the season in over-the-top ways and this year is no exception. Take a look with us inside Mission: Christmas and see what you won’t want to miss at Gaylord Hotels this year.
Mission: Save Christmas
It’s time to save Christmas and no one does it better than Buddy the Elf. Guests of all ages are needed to help on Gaylords’ most important mission, and Buddy is here to help. Gaylord Hotels’ team explains this year’s experience in a statement, “In this collaboration with Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment, guests will join Buddy the Elf and answer the call from Santa to help muster enough Christmas cheer to power the Kringle 3000 and help Santa’s sleigh fly. Guests will journey into Buddy’s world to help save the holiday in a multisensory experience full of fun, interactive challenges perfect for all ages: Team up with Mr. Narwhal and friends in the candy cane forest, stay ahead of the toy quota in the North Pole, prepare for Santa’s arrival at the iconic department store, and take part in an epic virtual snowball fight in Central Park. These are just a few of more than 12 interactive elements to discover in this unique experience.”
The events take place at Gaylord Palms, Gaylord Rockies, Gaylord Texan and Gaylord Opryland.
Gaylord Hotels’ commitment to Christmas is legendary, and their interactive experiences are at the heart of the celebrations. Here are some of the best holiday experiences visitors can expect at Gaylord Hotels this holiday season:
- Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends: This delightful themed dining experience happens at Gaylord Rockies and Gaylord Texan.
- Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Breakfast: Enjoy this themed dining experience at Gaylord Opryland and a themed breakfast at Gaylord Palms.
- Ice Bumper Cars: Bumper cars is a delight year-round, and this ice-themed version will be twice as fun because it happens during the best month of the year.
- Ice Snow Tubing: It’s like water-tubing, but cold! This is the perfect winter event for kids of all ages, from 1 to 99.
- Ice Skating: If you’re brave enough to take a spin on the ice, Gaylord Hotels offers ice skating and skate rentals.
- Snow Factory: Guests can make and toss real snowballs straight from Gaylords’ snow machines or slide through frozen conveyer belts.
- Santa’s Snow Throw: At Gaylord Texan, guests get a bucket of snowballs to toss at themed targets.
- The Oakridge Boys Christmas in Tennessee Dinner Show: At Gaylord Opryland, visitors get a front row seat to a show performed by Grammy Award-winning and Country Music Hall of Fame members.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze: This jaw-dropping stage spectacular will delight guests of all ages at Gaylord Rockies.
- Cirque: Spirit of Christmas: At Gaylord Palms, enjoy this high-octane display of acrobatic wonders.
- The Greatest Story Ever Told is a musical delight for guests at Gaylord Palms and Gaylord National.
Another exciting offering for the holidays is Gaylord National’s I Love Christmas Movies. This exclusive pop-up is happening in partnership with Warner Bros. Entertainment and will allow guests to experience scenes from some of our most beloved holiday classics.
Movies included in the experience are:
- The Polar Express
- A Christmas Story
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- The Year Without a Santa Claus.
Guests of all ages are invited to navigate the multi-sensory exhibits, with more than 13 fully-immersive scenes that include replicas of film props, audio clips and more, “making participants feel as if they have stepped into part of the actual story.”
Whether you’re staying at Gaylord Rockies, Gaylord Texan, Gaylord Opryland, Gaylord Palms or Gaylord National, you’ll find something for your inner or outer kid. And whether you’re there as a family to enjoy some fun on your own wintry getaway or seeking some time away from it all amidst the magic, Gaylord Hotels will have what you’re looking for. Frolic with characters from your favorite movies, enjoy some themed food, music, and fun – and help Save Christmas for everyone!
To plan and book your stay at the Gaylord Hotels Save Christmas events, or for any information on other holiday happenings, visit the Gaylord Hotels Christmas website. Whether you’re heading there for the holidays or any time of the year, Gaylord Hotels is known for top-of-the-line hospitality and fun for the whole family