Grab a Mug Because Good Morning America Has A Scandal Brewing
Hosts of the third hour of Good Morning America (GMA3), Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes have been caught in a
Hosts of the third hour of Good Morning America (GMA3), Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes have been caught in a scandal of their own. TMZ reported on December 5 that Kim Godwin, ABC president, announced at an editorial meeting that the co-hosts will not be on the air as their [alleged] relationship continues to be an “internal and external distraction.” ‘I want to say that while that relationship is not a violation of company policy, I have really taken the last few days to think about and work through what I think is best for the ABC News organization,’ said Goodwin according to TMZ.
Robach and Holmes have been reporting the news together on GMA3 since 2020 and have been said to have undeniable chemistry. A source told Us Weekly “They were always playful with each other, like two people who were dating. Amy and T.J. didn’t seem like they were trying to keep their relationship secret anymore, everyone around the office could tell there was a spark between them for many months.”
[Not Such A] Good Morning America
The morning show co-hosts appeared to be unphased by the drama as they continued to anchor the news last week without responding to the circulating photos of them on a romantic getaway, sharing laughter in a bar, and holding hands in the back of a car. It was this past Friday however that Robach and Holmes teased viewers by acknowledging their no longer hush-hush affair with an awkward laugh over the storylines as they opened the show.
And, although they are appearing to be “keep is cas” while on television, in [silent] response to the chit chat the Good Morning America hosts have disabled their individual Instagram accounts which feature multiple posts displaying their close friendship.
The pair were always candid about their professional relationship. Holmes told Resident Magazine in April 2021, ” “Robach and I have similar backgrounds and a respect for each other’s journey. We really have an appreciation for where we are with this show. We could have plotted and planned for a possible show, but this one just happened, and it happened organically.” He continued, “Trusting each other allows you to be your authentic and true self. They will watch your back and won’t try to make you look bad or stupid. Even if you get poked, it’s not coming from a bad place. … The show is easy. It’s an easy show to do when you can be that kind of comfortable. You can’t teach, coach, or consult it, it’s just there.”
A source exclusively told Us Weekly that Robach and Holmes’s connection “blossomed from a close friendship,” adding, “They always had a spark, and their work trips away together brought them even closer.”
Also, in December 2022, a second insider told Us Weekly, “everyone around the [GMA] office could tell there was a spark between them for many months.”
What Is There To Know?
- Holmes tied the knot with his wife, Marilee Fiebig, in 2010 – three years after he split from his ex-wife, Amy Ferson. The GMA3 cohost shares a daughter, Sabine, with Fiebig and two children with Ferson; a son, Jaiden, and a daughter, Brianna.
- Robach was first married to Time McIntosh from 1996 to 2009 with whom she shares two daughters. In 2010 she married Andrew Shue who is reportedly living separately from Robach now. Us Weekly confirmed that the souses sold their NYC apartment a week before the news about the cohosts emerged. The Melrose Place alum has since removed all traces of the MSNBC host from his social media.
- The alleged affair first caught fire in November 2022 when the Daily Mail published photos of the cohosts looking cozy on multiple occasions. The pair was seen at an NYC bar getting drinks, loading up a car at a cottage, and holding hands in the back of a car.
- News broke on December 5, 2022, that neither Robach nor Holmes would appear on air for GMA3.
- Earlier this past Friday, Robach was seen moving out of her NYC apartment that she previously shared with Shue.
- Shue reportedly moved out of their home in August 2022 after he learned about the affair. And, around that same time, Holmes moved into his own place, still married to Feibig.
- Network insiders are calling for Bob Iger, Chief Executive Officer of ABC’s parent company, Disney, to ‘intervene.’
- One insider told the Daily Mail, “Disney needs to step in and take action here. We’re a family-friendly network and these two are not displaying family values or Disney’s values.” Adding, “Bob Iger needs to intervene and terminate them both. He should also be asking Kim Godwin [President of ABC News] how this was allowed to happen on her watch.’
- Sources have slammed ABC as well as the cohosts’ and their inability to respond as ‘appalling’ and ‘hugely embarrassing’ for the network.
- Robach and Holmes were both seen without their wedding bands on when back together hosting GMA3 on Friday.