Room Number: These Hotel Suites Offer the Perfect Private Outdoor Romp
It was a hot Summer across the US, with some place dealing with nearly unprecedented heat waves. But now that
It was a hot Summer across the US, with some place dealing with nearly unprecedented heat waves. But now that the swelter of Summer has receded, cooler Autumn weather has taken its place. Travelers are looking for more outdoor destinations, to take advantage of Summer’s easing. CELEB takes a look at several suites that don’t just offer outdoor spaces, they offer premiere private outdoor spaces for your perfect, lowkey outdoor romp.
Suites with Outdoor Spaces
Sometimes you want to get away from it all, but not have to leave your hotel room. If you’re looking for all the comfort of a luxury hotel and some fresh air of your own to enjoy, we’ve got the suites for you.
- The French Quarter Inn, Charleston, SC: Deluxe Market View Terrace Suite. This suite room looks like a royal chamber, with a spa-like marble bathroom, bold print black carpet, ornate headboards, rich cream curtains and a fireplace with gold accents. Two beds provide comfy accommodations and a glass door opens onto a private terrace. The terrace offers ample seating and an unobstructed view of historic Charleston, starting with the City market and beyond. To plan and book your stay, visit the website.
- InterContinental New York Barclay, New York, NY: Harold S. Vanderbilt Penthouse Suite. The playground of the rich and powerful, this suite is everything you want in a luxury stay with an imposing view over the historic Chrysler building. It’s a massive indoor space, with 2,700 square feet to spread out and relax in. Bigger than many New York City apartments, this suite offers a richly-appointed master bedroom with a king bed, a second bedroom with two double beds, and your own private mini-gym. When night falls, float out to the 1,300 square foot terrace which boasts a dining area, a seating area, a fountain and multiple playfully shaped topiaries. To plan and book your stay, visit the Barclay website.
- Inns of Aurora, Aurora, NY: Zabriskie House Room Five. Aurora looks like a village pulled out of a Disney movie, with charm and whimsy down every street. The Zabriskie House is a historic house built in 1904 and turned into a resort, with each room offering its own style, comfort, and amenities for guests to choose from. Room Five offers a king bed and something special – a massive balcony overlooking the quaint village and sparkling waters of Cayuga Lake. Zabriskie offers organic coffee, homemade granola, and complimentary telescope from which to gaze at the stars when night falls over the beautiful resort. To plan and book your stay, visit Zabriskie’s website.
Each of these hotels will provide the perfect home base from which to observe the leaves change with the advent of Autumn, and maybe get some Christmas shopping done at nearby shops.
More Dream Getaway-from-it-alls
But maybe you’re not ready to bid Summer adieu. So CELEB took a look at several tropical destinations where Summer is slow to leave and cool weather is still a little way off.
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Nassau, The Bahamas: Ocean View Residence Monaco Suite. This suite is gloriously over the top, opulent and luxurious to the maximum. With a cream marble divide separating the living and dining areas, a billiards table, wet bar, and a fun and elegant color palette of cream, white and red, the 2,330 square foot interior space is hard to leave. But you definitely will, because it also comes with a balcony overlooking the breathtaking blue ocean at your doorstep. Located in the Hyatt’s Reserve, the Monaco Suite comes with its own dedicated entrance and butler services. To plan and book your stay, visit the website.
- Club Med Michès, Playa Esmaralda, Dominican Republic: Family Oceanfront Penthouse Suite. This family-friendly suite offers enough beds for everyone with a playful yellow and white design palette and your own private terrace in Explorer’s Cove. Enjoy the view through your wall-to-wall windows or stroll out from your private terrace straight down to the blue-green waters of the Atlantic. To plan and book your stay, hop over to the website.
- Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Cape Coral, FL: Admiral Suite Penthouse. Spanning two floors, this breathtaking suite offers a blue, white, and gold palette that will soothe your cares away in the warm salt air of Cape Coral. On the second floor, a grand vaulted ceiling rises above the seating area with windows everywhere to let in an abundance of natural light. The Admiral boasts two outdoor balconies for guests, included a smaller, screened-in porch for some more intimate outdoor time overlooking the Gulf’s breathtaking views. On the second floor, a stunning wraparound, open-air balcony features a bar counter with seating for 20. Go big or go small, Admiral has it all. To plan and book your stay, visit the website.
Have You Considered a Digital Detox?
Perhaps you’re ready to get away, but you really want to get away from everything. The Foundry Hotel in Charleston, SC, is offering something called a Digital Detox Package. This package aims to help people unplug and disconnect from their highly-integrated lives, and enjoy some screen free time. Guests will receive upon arrival a The Arrivals AER classic puffer jacket. These jackets are clever and include pockets that block 100% of cell phone radiation, so even if you bring your cell along it has to behave while you’re wearing the jacket.
Then you can embark on a hike along Wild Cat Rock, a signal-free destination guided by Asheville Wellness Tours. Return home to the historic Foundry, an ultra-lux and unique destination that sits in what was once a steel factory. Guests looking to take advantage of this cord-cutting adventure should call 828-552-8545 to book. Visit The Foundry Hotel website for more information on the hotel.
Whether you’re digitally detoxifying, kicking back in the tropical salt breeze, or sightseeing historic cities from your own private balcony, Autumn is the perfect time to travel.