Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa Giudice and her husband, Joe, have understandably had a difficult few years. Back in 2014, the reality stars were sentenced to serving prison time. Teresa served her time from January-December of 2015, and Joe served his from March, 2016 until March 2019. Unfortunately, Joe was not a citizen of the United States of America and, upon his prison release, was held in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody. While he ended up fighting to stay in the country, he inevitably ended up getting deported and moving full-time to Italy.

What Happened Next?

After his move, Teresa and her daughters ended up going to Italy to visit him, which was documented on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. After returning, it was revealed that Teresa was planning to move ahead with divorcing her husband of 20 years.

US Magazine confirmed the news in December of last year. An insider at the time confirmed the following: “Teresa and Joe have separated, but have no plans to divorce yet. Teresa and Joe talked about their future when she and the girls were in Italy and decided it was best for them to separate.”

“Neither of them wanted to be in a long-distance relationship,” the source continued revealing at the time. “Joe has been dating in Italy, Teresa is busy taking care of their girls right now. They harbor no ill will toward each other and will continue to co-parent their kids. The girls will be going to Italy in December, Teresa will be staying home.”

As an update, Teresa’s brother Joe Gorga confirmed on Watch What Happens Live in May that Teresa had indeed started divorce proceedings. He specifically stated that the “paperwork” for the divorce proceedings “was almost done.” He also noted that, at that time, Teresa wasn’t dating anyone. It seems that is set to change, though.

Joe Talked Teresa Dating

After reports had surfaced that Teresa was planning on making her new life dating as part of her storyline for the upcoming Real Housewives of New Jersey season, Joe spoke exclusively with us about his response to this.

“We’ve been separated,” Joe shared at the time, “but all I want is my kids safe and for (good) co-parenting.”

“ wanted to try,” he also told us, of his intentions to still want to attempt to make his marriage work, “but she felt that this was best.”

“I want to go forward,” he wrapped with telling us at the time. “It’s been easier without the extra. I don’t want any bulls**t from her family. All I want is mutual (love and respect) for the kid’s sake.”

A New Fight!

Recently, it’s been reported that Joe will be a participant in a celebrity boxing match in the Bahamas in October. He will be fighting Jennifer Lopez’s ex-husband Ojani Noa.

Rumors have surfaced that Teresa may fly out to the Bahamas to be by her ex’s side. While some are hoping this will lead to a romantic reunion between the pair, Joe hasn’t directly addressed the rumors about Teresa reuniting with him (platonically) in the Bahamas.

Reuniting With Teresa!?

We spoke exclusively with him today to ask about these rumors. What did he have to tell us?

“I respect Teresa and I will always care for her,” he began with sharing.

“We’ve been through a lot,” he continued, “and we must always have one goal in mind- to make sure our children are successful and never have to go through what we went through.”

What else did he have to say about his ex?

“She is a strong individual and a wonderful mother and for that, I will always care for her and stand by her,” Joe stated.

“I wish her luck and she knows she always asked me to be her number one supporter,” he wrapped with telling us. “I believe it’s very important as a man to stand by the mother of your children even [when] you go to crap in your marriage.”

It definitely sounds from Joe’s statement that, if the pair were to reunite, it would definitely be platonic and as friends. It’s nice to see them supporting each other, even after they’ve been through undeniable rough patches.

READ MORE: Joe Giudice- Joe Gorga Needs To Sit Down and Shut Up
READ MORE: Joe Giudice Breaks Silence On Daughter Gia’s Nose Job
READ MOE: Why The Real Housewives Will Never End

• Mary Dieckman, July 24, 2020 @ 2:03 pm Reply

I wish you all the very best and of course your children. So sorry to hear about you two losing your dad. I know the feeling. Theresa stay strong and Joe Gorga stay as sweet as you are to your wife and kids. Look after your sister and nieces. Mary Dee from New Jersey

• Vickie, July 24, 2020 @ 3:54 pm Reply

That was such a powerful, loving and honest statement. I’m so sad for both of you but mostly for the girls but admire you both for carrying enough for the girls to put nonsense and hurt aside for your family. God bless you all.

• Susanna, July 25, 2020 @ 3:15 am Reply

I love both Joe and Teresa. She’s my favorite NJ housewife and I love Joe’s youtube series This Old Villa. If Trump could see a way for Joe to be allowed visitation to the US for a few months of year that would be fantastic for the children and also his future grandchildren. That law is so draconian. I think the rights of the children to see their father should be considered.

• Amy Crissone, July 25, 2020 @ 6:04 am Reply

I totally agree! I think Teresa should write to Trump. She was on the apprentice after all. I think Trump would pardon Joe so he could move back here

• Crystal swingle, July 25, 2020 @ 9:04 am Reply

Teresa is a very strong woman and Joe is a very caring man spite his pass Intanglement we all have a pass even the presidents in the pass nobody is God but we try to be like God. I do see the love they have for one another I hope nothing but the best for the family❤️❤️

• Carolann, July 25, 2020 @ 5:12 am Reply

They have 20yrs 4 kids together
    And both been to hell and back .
    Whatever they do I wish the family well . It’s not been the easiest time for them . I’m not saying they are angels because I believe they are greedy people and they wanted more more and more . And nothing was ever enough, instead of downsizing their lifestyle they stole from the government. And nobody ever gets away from cheating the government,
    But I do think joe has paid a high price and has had to take a lot of abuse and blame from Teresa’s family, Teresa although did he time she still hasn’t to this day taken any of the blame she never stopped spending , holidays , party’s , Extravagant girl trips any woman would of said ok we will sell buy smaller and cut back , he didn’t make the money they were spending so instead of putting a halt to it all he stole Sotheby’s blame lays 50/50 but joe has taken all the blame

• Kelly, July 25, 2020 @ 12:04 pm Reply

I really like Teresa she’s the best good mum and she was a loyal wife Joe’s alright but she needs someone to love and respect her wish um all the best

• MARCIA PRYOR, July 25, 2020 @ 3:12 pm Reply

THEY should HAVE CUT BACK ,ON SPENDING MONEY ON THING THEY DIDN’T NEED. EVEN ON THERE DAUGHTER’S , THEY WENT O ER THE TOP!! THEY should HAVE BEEN TEACHING THERE DAUGHTERS HOW HARD LIFE REALLY IS, YES THE GIRLS DID SEE THEIR PARENTS GO TO JAIL FOR THERE STEALING OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY . TRYING TO LIVE LIKE ALL THE RICH PEOPLE AROUND THEM.
    AND JOE DID WORK TO MAKE SURE HIS WIFE GOT WHATEVER SHE WANTED. THEN THEY WENT ON T.V. ,& EVERY WOMAN WANTED SOME JOE!!! AND HE TOOK WHAT EVER & ALL THEY THROUGH AT HIM SMH. ,SO HOW HAPPY WHERE THEY??
    SHE ALWAYS WANTED STUFF SHE DIDN’T NEED.
    AND HE WAS JUSG SICK OF HER HOLDING OUT HER HAND FOR MONEY..
    & SHE HAD TO GIVE HIM SEX FOR IT.. BUT THERE ARE LADIES OF THE NITE ,HOW WOULD RATHER HAVE ONE MAN , NOT A DIFFERENT ONE 8 TIMES A NITE!! YEAP YOU ‘T’ WAS ACTING LIKE A HOE..
    & JOE YOU WAS A TRICK ..BUT IF YOU LIKE IT I LOVE IT..
    IF YOU REALLY LOVED YOUR WIFE YOU WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN CHEATING ON HER & YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU WAS ON THE SHOW AFTER THE 4TH SEASON, WHEN A LOT MORE HOE’S STARTED COMING FOR YOU.. WHEN YOU CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE YOU CHEAT ON YOUR FAMILY… I DON’T THINK IT’S GOING TO WORK OUT, YOUR BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER DON’T EVER WANT TO BE WITH A HUSBAND LIKE YOU!! THEY DESERVE THE BEST! I NO , KNOW ONE IS PERFECT!! ,
    I JUST HOPE THE LEARNED FROM THERE MOTHER & FATHER MISTAKE’S THAT THEY NEVER LET A MAN TREAT THEM LIKE THERE FATHER DID THERE MOM!!! O.K. I’M STARTING TO TEXT IN CIRCLE’S SMH!! JUST PLEASE LIVE A LEARN FROM THERE MISTAKES..
    I’M JUST SAYING!!
    MONICA P.

• MARCIA PRYOR, July 25, 2020 @ 3:21 pm Reply

SORRY , I misspelled A LOT OF WORD’S , I HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD MOST OF MY POINT SMH TREAT YOUR WIFE LIKE YOU WOULD WANT YOUR DAUGHTER’S TREATED… PERIOD , STAY BLESSED AND LOVE EACH OTHER!!

• Victoria Ismirnioglou, July 25, 2020 @ 5:42 pm Reply

You are the heart, balls, and true warrior Teresa… you held your head up high and rolled with the punches. (You where in Mommy mode) and you had so much on your plate…. I admire you… Always remember, as one door closes another one opens… I have been very good on predicting things lately I’m a visionary and I see