Kanye West Enters Emergency Room As Ambulance Shows Up At His Ranch
UPDATE: It has now been revealed why West entered the hospital. Read on for the details. Earlier today we revealed
UPDATE: It has now been revealed why West entered the hospital. Read on for the details.
Earlier today we revealed that Kanye West had officially issued an apology to his wife, Kim Kardashian. As we noted, this was after quite a long week that involved the following sequence of events:
- His first rally for his Presidential campaign in which he made bizarre comments about Harriet Tubman, cried and said he almost murdered his daughter.[Side note- tee-shirts to support him for President are available here].
- A bizarre Twitter rant in which he claimed Kim tried to lock him up and that he didn’t want his mother-in-law, Kris Jenner, around his children
- Another Twitter rant in which he shockingly claimed he’s wanted a divorce from Kim for two years and suggesting she cheated.
- Then, he was set to release his new album Donda: With Child yesterday.
- As we reported yesterday, he ended up not releasing this album (even though one of his main arch nemeses, Taylor Swift, randomly released a new album she had announced Thursday).
Now, in a breaking news report from TMZ, it has been confirmed that West was in a hospital- at least for part of today.
Wait… what’s going on with Kanye West?
According to TMZ‘s details, here’s the sequence of events today:
- First, West had flown to San Francisco at some point and then returned to Wyoming.
- Then, West showed up at an emergency room near his ranch he is currently residing at in Cody, Wyoming. This was at some point this afternoon.
- The report notes that he entered the emergency room and stayed inside for only ten minutes.
- West then ended up returning to his ranch.
- Upon his return, an ambulance showed up to his ranch home.
- Although the ambulance showed up- presumably to help West, who it’s been well documented has been going through a manic bipolar episode- he did not end up leaving with the ambulance. Instead, he remained on the ranch.
- TMZ notes that West is currently riding his motorcycle on his ranch property. They did mention that Kardashian has been trying to get him help but has not been successful yet.
What Did Kim Say About Kanye’s Mental Health?
While Kardashian hasn’t broken her silence on the hospital incident yet, she did release the following statement on her Instagram story on Wednesday:
“As many of you know, Kanye has bi-polar disorder. Anyone who has this or has a loved one in their life who does, knows how incredibly complicated and painful it is to understand,’ she wrote. “I’ve never spoken publicly about how this has affected us at home because I am very protective of our children and Kanye’s right to privacy when it comes to his health. But today, I feel like I should comment on it because off the stigma and misconceptions about mental health.
I understand Kanye is subject to criticism because he is a public figure and his actions at times can cause strong opinions and emotions. He is a brilliant but complicated person who on top of the pressures of being an artist and a black man, who experienced the painful loss of his mother, and has to deal with the pressure and isolation that is heightened by his bi-polar disorder. Those who are close with Kanye know his heart and understand his words some times do not align with his intentions.”
In his Twitter rants earlier this week, West had alleged that Kardashian had tried to place him on a 5150 hold (where you are held against your will for a mental health evaluation in a facility for 72 hours).
At this point, it’s unclear if West issued his apology to Kardashian via social media prior to entering the hospital or not.
UPDATE: TMZ has now updated its story to reveal why West entered the hospital. According to their updated report, West went to the hospital due to anxiety. When he went inside, however, he was reportedly uncomfortable with people looking at him, so he left, arranging for an ambulance to come to his home. When the EMT’s arrived, they checked all of his vital signs and determined he was fine.
TMZ notes that later, West invited four paparazzi to come inside his house. They note the paparazzi waited for two hours for him to make an appearance, only for him to come out for a few minutes. TMZ notes West wanted the paparazzi to “let him ‘control the narrative’”- whatever that means.
We will continue updating this story as more details come in, so make sure to stay tuned.
f you’re having suicidal thoughts, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to talk to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area at any time (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline). If you are located outside the United States, call your local emergency line immediately.
If you are in crisis or you think you may have an emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.