Kanye West Officially Confirms Vice President Pick
For quite a few weeks now, Kanye West has made the world aware that he plans on running for President
For quite a few weeks now, Kanye West has made the world aware that he plans on running for President of the United States of America in the upcoming 2020 election – but up until now we’ve been in the dark about his choice of Vice President.
After his announcement, his first campaign rally was rather interesting, to put it mildly. Then, West went through some very public Twitter rants, including ones where he alluded that wife Kim Kardashian cheated on him and claimed he wanted a divorce. Today, West officially has announced his pick for Vice President (by way of putting her name on official paperwork in Arkansas). So who is it? And what is her political track record?
Kanye’s First Campaign Rally
West initially revealed he was running for President on Twitter by sharing “We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States! #2020VISION.”
Then, as we mentioned, West’s first official campaign rally was chock-full with the bizarre.
To review some of the highlights, at the rally West:
- Claimed Kardashian had once called him concerned he had given her AIDS.
- Revealed through teary eyes that he “almost killed his daughter.”
- Acknowledged he was okay with Kardashian divorcing him, stating that “even if my wife were to divorce me after this speech, she brought North into the world, even when I didn’t want to.”
- Insisted that “they’re going to try to tell you that I’m crazy, but the world’s crazy.”
- Stated that “With Harriet Tubman- well Harriet Tubman never freed the slaves. She just had the slaves go work for other white people.”
- Explained that he was wearing purple because “we are all God’s people. There is no bad people. There are lost people… there’s no left, right, red, blue. That’s why I’m wearing purple today.”
Safe to say, the rally wasn’t really recognized in high regard for its political impact, but received more attention for the antics that occurred.
Then What Happened?
Then, as we mentioned, West had a series of Twitter meltdowns. Some of the more notable things West said in the rants included:
- Kriss don’t play with me,” talking to his Mother-in-law Kris Jenner. “You and that calmye are not allowed around my children Ya’ll tried to lock me up.”
- “Kim tried to bring a doctor to lock me up with a doctor.”
- “They tried to fly in with 2 doctors to 51/50 me. I been trying to get divorced since Kim met with Meek at the Warldolf for ‘prison reform.’ This my lady tweet of the night… Kris Jong-Un. Lil baby my favorite rapper but won’t do a song with me.” This tweet specifically seemed to suggest Kardashian’s infidelity.
West did end up apologizing for the comments, but based on a recent visit Kardashian had with West, it seems like things are not in the best place between them. Furthermore, reports came out detailing they have been living apart for almost a year, as West stays in his Cody, Wyoming ranch, and Kardashian resides primarily in Los Angeles.
West Confirms Vice President Pick
Tonight, it was confirmed that West has picked Michelle Tidball to be his running mate. Interestingly, West has described Tidball as a “biblical life coach,” so it doesn’t sound like she has much experience in terms of politics.
Going to Tidball’s website, Yarash.org, Tidball shares the following under her “My Story” section:
“As long as I remember I have always desired to know God. I came into His light when I was seventeen years old and determined to follow Him all the days of my life! I have devoted my life to serving Him and serving others. I believe in following His cycles by celebrating the Feasts, Sabbaths and obeying His word.
I have a Bachelor Degrees in Psychology and Criminal Justice and a Master’s Degree in Addiction Psychology. I have worked in these fields for over 20 years and found my life passion as a Life Coach at the same time. Coaching allows people to get “unstuck” in their lives by using wisdom and biblical principles.”
Tidball also explains on another part of her website that “My heart has always been to walk in maturity and to bring others into maturity, to be about His business and to see the completion of things He has mandated before the foundations of the world.”
“I look forward to bringing the word,” Tidball continues, “with experience and practical counsel, for walking as mature adopted sons manifested upon the earth!”
Tidball also details her values, writing “Through my diligence in the study of the word, living in boldness, love, integrity, and hard work, I am dedicated to learn more about God, others, and the world.”
Tidball then notes that she values “learning, loyalty, optimism, peace, faith, wisdom, compassion, creativity, and community.”
Tidball- who resides in Cody, Wyoming, where West’s ranch is- offers personal one-on-one “spiritual coaching” sessions.
Tidball details that the coaching can help you “understand God’s will” and “reach your goals, with focus and direction.”
Of note is that nothing on her website whatsoever mentions politics. Nothing.
What’s more is that TMZ uncovered that Tidball has very bizarre ways of approaching mental health (something West is familiar with, as he has bipolar disorder). They obtained an audio clip in which Tidball states that “If you would get up every day and make your bed and do your dishes… you would be better” as a means of treating mental illness. They also note that Tidball doubles down on this, detailing that in ten years of working with mentally ill patients, zero “made their bed or did their dishes.”
And the bizarre year that is 2020 continues to move forward.
For what it’s worth, make sure to purchase your Kanye West for President tee-shirt here.