This has been quite the weekend for fans of the 90 Day Fiance franchise, as there has been a ton of news related to Paul Staehle and Karine Staehle for them to keep on top of. Finally, amidst reports that Karine was missing, we are thrilled to report that she is NOT. Also, Karine has released an official statement on what’s going on.

So What Happened?

To recap, as quickly as possible, here’s the chain of events that took place over the past few days:

• First, it was reported Friday that Karine had called the police on Paul. This was after an argument the two got into after Paul reportedly saw Karine texting with an attorney on her phone using the words “divorce” and “child support.”
  • At some point during the fight, Karine called the police. Paul decided to go on Instagram live while the police were there, broadcasting the entire ordeal for all of his followers to see.
  • On the Instagram live, Paul claimed that Karine had cheated on him, had an issue with Child Protective Services, and more.
  • Later on Friday, Paul ended up going to the hospital. He claimed that he was being treated for an STD, even though he was insistent he did not cheat on Karine (thus implying Karine cheated on him). He claimed he was being treated for the STD.
  • Later that night, Paul claimed he had been served with a restraining order from Karine. In the restraining order (an Emergency Protection Order or EPO), she made many accusations including that Paul had raped her and that she was scared for her life, as well as the life of their son Pierre.
  • Yesterday, Paul ended up taking to Instagram story to share that the sheriff’s department had shown up at his house and that Karine was missing. Paul urged anyone with information on where Karine was to contact the sheriff’s department.
  • Interestingly, while at the hospital the night before, Paul had claimed a neighbor had contacted him and saw Karine “hop in some dude’s car” with their son.
  • Then, in a YouTube video after the entire ordeal, Paul gave an update on the situation. Paul said he believed Karine and Pierre were likely safe because the sheriff’s department had not been out to visit him again. Paul also was insistent he has an open-door policy with law enforcement, had nothing to hide, and had received death threats. During the YouTube, Paul also claimed that he did not believe Karine had accused him of the things she did on the restraining order and did not believe she was behind it.

Karine Speaks!

While Karine had deactivated her social media, she finally reactivated it today and has spoken out for the first time since the situation began.

Here is what Karine had to say:

“I want you all to know that me and Pierre are doing well now.

All this past days I had a lot going on. As the media showed, I had issues where the police was called because I feared for my life and my son’s life which led me to ask for help and ultimately be rescued from an environment that no longer was healthy for none of us involved in the situation.

I’m getting the best help I could ever get and I’m really thankful for all the people involved in it. I also thank all the people that worry about me for the support I have had. It have been a big part of my recovery.

Relationships are hard and sometimes it just can’t be fixed anymore. I need this time to organize my thoughts, work on myself and care for my son after everything we have been through in the last year and half.

Just to clarify, the EPO was me. I had help from a translator since I do not speak English. I also would like to state that I’m not missing. The police knows where to find me if they need me. This is a legal matter not a ‘media matter.’ That being said it’s the first and last time I will speak about it.

Karine.”

@STAEHLEKARINE

Karine went on to say “If anybody has any information that can contribute to my case please send to [email protected]

@STAEHLEKARINE

“I have not set up a Go fund me or any other kind of means to receive money,” Karine also added. “Please report them. All I ask is to keep your prayers for me and Pierre.”

@STAEHLEKARINE

Paul Speaks Out!

While Paul did not directly respond to what Karine said, he did take to his Instagram story to share the following:

@PAULJASONSTAEHLE
@PAULJASONSTAEHLE
@PAULJASONSTAEHELE

Seeing as Paul is saying to pay attention to the writing, it seems he’s trying to (yet again) hold to his claims that Karine did not write the things on the restraining order.

For comparison’s sake, here is the restraining order again:

@PAULJASONSTAEHELE
@PAULJASONSTAEHELE

Where Do Things Go From Here?

The good news is that Karine and her son are safe; however, it sounds like she is done with her marriage.

It will be interesting to see if Paul ends up issuing any sort of official response to Karine’s statement. We will be sure to keep you posted if he does.

• Shellee, August 2, 2020 @ 3:59 pm Reply

Praying for you Karine n Pierre

• Danielle, August 2, 2020 @ 5:03 pm Reply

Stay as far away from him as possible. This relationship is toxic and one of you will end up dead. Go to Brazil to be with family. They will protect you.

• Suzi, August 2, 2020 @ 7:08 pm Reply

Easy peasy. Go back where you came from Karine! Plain & simple! If you are not happy (and it sounds as if you are not), then just go back to your own country!
    I do not particularly care for Paul’s behavior, but…you have choices Karine! If you are not a U.S. citizen, (which i have no idea of whether or not you are); you can always just go back home where you came from!! I’m sure your family & friends back there would love that!

• Mayra, August 3, 2020 @ 1:09 pm Reply

Suzi it’s not as simple to take a flight back home. When traveling with a child both parents must agree that the child can travel without the father especially if it’s out of the country. My mom tried to take my niece to a different state and she was told she needed a letter stating my niece can travel with my mother.

• Jessie, August 3, 2020 @ 2:11 pm Reply

Shut up you sound like a insensitive b***ch this is not your country to begin with you don’t own shit Susie the entitlement is crazy 🤣

• manuela, August 5, 2020 @ 8:09 pm Reply

How about you shut up… She didn’t mean it in the way you’re trying to betray it…. You are what is wrong with this world… She simply said to go back to Brazil and you want to make it racist… Fuck you dummy

• Mtnmomma, August 2, 2020 @ 9:29 pm Reply

She beeds to go back home to Brazil with her family. Paul is the one that has metal problems. Even his own mother wouldnt help him out. I wonder if he has a job yet. I with Karine good luck. They wont take her baby away from her. If the court gave Paul custody that would be the straw that broke the cameals back

• Sassy, August 3, 2020 @ 12:11 pm Reply

I knew he was nuttier than a squirrels turd the day he sat in a old dog kennel talking to himself not to mention he took some of his moms hair with him on his journey 😂

• Felicia, August 2, 2020 @ 10:04 pm Reply

I believe Karine. I could see a physcotic presence in Paul. Good Luck Karine. And Pierre. God Bless you both!

• joann, August 3, 2020 @ 9:49 am Reply

agree!!! I would have left too…hes violent and hes creepy. He needs help

• Marcy, August 2, 2020 @ 10:23 pm Reply

None of us know the real story. There’s always three sides…Paul’s, Karine’s, and the truth. Let’s not forget, back in their second season, maybe? Who put hands-on who and it wasn’t Paul. Get a grip; I’m not saying he’s innocent; it’s what happened. They BOTH need help! We know it’s not going to come from Paul’s mother. Edna Staehle is the definition of a verbal and emotional abuser. If you don’t think so? Look it up, it’s there. Paul’s an adult and I can’t imagine what she said to him as a child. Telling your child, at any age they’re ”a deadbeat loser, ” is not tough-love, it’s just mean.

• Nancy, August 3, 2020 @ 7:10 am Reply

There is really something wrong with Paul!! Paul really needs to get a job instead of worrying what Karine is doing!! Take care of your wife and son instead of asking your mom for money!!! I mean come on you cant even take care of your family noless two dogs!!

• Er, August 3, 2020 @ 9:02 am Reply

There is something wrong with Paul. His mother’s reaction is telling. But if he got an STD he got it from his wife. She is not innocent in all of this. She us to text other guys at one point. You get what you ask for.

• Sharie, August 3, 2020 @ 3:01 pm Reply

The thing is he shows proof of what he wants. I want to see proof of STD to believe that. He has been blaming her for cheating and STDs from the beginning I think he’s paranoid.

• Anonymous, August 3, 2020 @ 9:04 am Reply

• Anonymous, August 3, 2020 @ 9:05 am Reply

• Lori, August 3, 2020 @ 4:42 pm Reply

I
    It’s funny you was in love till you came to USA! Paul Crazy as hell but he not all you put him out to be and for that your! Grow up little girl! If Dcyf already involved with your son maybe he needs foster care till both of you learn to parent. Do what right for child. This is not 3rd world country.

• Leslie Sellers, August 3, 2020 @ 4:47 pm Reply

The whole family has issues I believe. They do need in house help for at least 3 months if not longer.

• Nana, August 3, 2020 @ 7:29 pm Reply

We don’t know if he just lie about the STD . He was probably at the hospital getting check to make it seem like he was getting treated to make her look bad. I don’t believe him .