This has been quite the weekend for fans of the 90 Day Fiance franchise, as there has been a ton of news related to Paul Staehle and Karine Staehle for them to keep on top of. Finally, amidst reports that Karine was missing, we are thrilled to report that she is NOT. Also, Karine has released an official statement on what’s going on.
So What Happened?
To recap, as quickly as possible, here’s the chain of events that took place over the past few days:
- First, it was reported Friday that Karine had called the police on Paul. This was after an argument the two got into after Paul reportedly saw Karine texting with an attorney on her phone using the words “divorce” and “child support.”
- At some point during the fight, Karine called the police. Paul decided to go on Instagram live while the police were there, broadcasting the entire ordeal for all of his followers to see.
- On the Instagram live, Paul claimed that Karine had cheated on him, had an issue with Child Protective Services, and more.
- Later on Friday, Paul ended up going to the hospital. He claimed that he was being treated for an STD, even though he was insistent he did not cheat on Karine (thus implying Karine cheated on him). He claimed he was being treated for the STD.
- Later that night, Paul claimed he had been served with a restraining order from Karine. In the restraining order (an Emergency Protection Order or EPO), she made many accusations including that Paul had raped her and that she was scared for her life, as well as the life of their son Pierre.
- Yesterday, Paul ended up taking to Instagram story to share that the sheriff’s department had shown up at his house and that Karine was missing. Paul urged anyone with information on where Karine was to contact the sheriff’s department.
- Interestingly, while at the hospital the night before, Paul had claimed a neighbor had contacted him and saw Karine “hop in some dude’s car” with their son.
- Then, in a YouTube video after the entire ordeal, Paul gave an update on the situation. Paul said he believed Karine and Pierre were likely safe because the sheriff’s department had not been out to visit him again. Paul also was insistent he has an open-door policy with law enforcement, had nothing to hide, and had received death threats. During the YouTube, Paul also claimed that he did not believe Karine had accused him of the things she did on the restraining order and did not believe she was behind it.
While Karine had deactivated her social media, she finally reactivated it today and has spoken out for the first time since the situation began.
Here is what Karine had to say:
“I want you all to know that me and Pierre are doing well now.
All this past days I had a lot going on. As the media showed, I had issues where the police was called because I feared for my life and my son’s life which led me to ask for help and ultimately be rescued from an environment that no longer was healthy for none of us involved in the situation.
I’m getting the best help I could ever get and I’m really thankful for all the people involved in it. I also thank all the people that worry about me for the support I have had. It have been a big part of my recovery.
Relationships are hard and sometimes it just can’t be fixed anymore. I need this time to organize my thoughts, work on myself and care for my son after everything we have been through in the last year and half.
Just to clarify, the EPO was me. I had help from a translator since I do not speak English. I also would like to state that I’m not missing. The police knows where to find me if they need me. This is a legal matter not a ‘media matter.’ That being said it’s the first and last time I will speak about it.
Thank you all again,
Karine went on to say “If anybody has any information that can contribute to my case please send to ”
“I have not set up a Go fund me or any other kind of means to receive money,” Karine also added. “Please report them. All I ask is to keep your prayers for me and Pierre.”
Paul Speaks Out!
While Paul did not directly respond to what Karine said, he did take to his Instagram story to share the following:
Seeing as Paul is saying to pay attention to the writing, it seems he’s trying to (yet again) hold to his claims that Karine did not write the things on the restraining order.
For comparison’s sake, here is the restraining order again:
Where Do Things Go From Here?
The good news is that Karine and her son are safe; however, it sounds like she is done with her marriage.
It will be interesting to see if Paul ends up issuing any sort of official response to Karine’s statement. We will be sure to keep you posted if he does.