‘Friendsgiving’ and Igloos: Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt Brings the Holidays
Nestled in the heart of Austin, Texas, lies one hotel that belongs to the Kimpton Hotel family. The Kimpton Hotel
Nestled in the heart of Austin, Texas, lies one hotel that belongs to the Kimpton Hotel family. The Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt is an ideal place from which to explore this weird and wonderous city. Whether you’re walking the streets of the unique and beautifully designed Austin, or you’re staying in for some holiday delights at the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt overlooking the Colorado River which wends through the heart of downtown Austin, you’ll find something to enjoy. One of the best aspects about the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt is Geraldine’s, a beloved cuisine experience on the hotel property that takes guests on a delightful romp through gastronomic creations. Take a look at what the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt and Geraldine’s has to offer guests this holiday season, as the weather turns cool and the holidays inch closer.
Are you tired of being separated from your loved ones, and hoping for a respite this holiday as life begins to return to normal? You may want to plan your stay at the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt during their Friendsgiving celebration throughout the month of November and December. From November 1st to December 30th, Geraldine’s is hosting a Friendsgiving experience in their dining heart of delights. $1 dollar of each drink sold will go towards No Kid Hungry, a charity that provides advocacy, awareness and food for children in vulnerable situations and ending child hunger in America.
Based on the NBC sitcom Friends, “Friendsgiving” is the perfect away-from-home event to ring in the approach of Winter and the giving season. At Geraldine’s, you’ll be able to choose from a six delectable cocktails that include:
- “We were on a break”
- “Dr. Drink Ramoray”
- “Ms. Chanandler Bong”
- Plus three more delightful surprises.
Friends fans will recognize the cheeky references to the show’s moments and characters, but even if you’re not a fan of the show, you will enjoy both the atmosphere at Geraldine’s and the palette-pleasing cocktail options.
Igloos on the Roof
But perhaps you’re already ready to look beyond Thanksgiving and set your eyes on Christmas. The perfect place from which to enjoy the Christmas vibe this year is on the roof of the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, in one of their signature rooftop Igloos. How, you may wonder, can one enjoy an igloo in the heart of warm, Southern Texas? It’s a good question, but no worries; the Kimpton staff has come up with a creative way to offer guests a melt-free igloo experience, complete with Christmas decor and the atmosphere one dreams of with the holiday approaching.
Set up on the fourth floor pool deck, these inflatable igloos seat 6 guests and serve them from Geraldine’s delightful menu. They first open on December 3rd, giving guests a chance to sit above the beautiful, tree-lined streets of Austin and enjoy the cityscape views while immersed in the holiday cheer of your own private igloo. Christmas lights will be up across the city by then, so it’s a truly delightful experience and one that’s not to be missed. But if you aren’t ready to call it a Christmas night at the end of your dining delight, upgrade your room package for a cozy addition that includes:
- An upgrade to the Lakeview
- Deluxe King with soaking tub
- Exclusive bath salts
- A cozy throw blanket to curl up with
- A bottle of Champagne.
Festive Packages for All at the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt
Although the focus is on Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt’s holiday offerings, it’s a year-round wonder for guests looking to explore the weird city of Austin. Whether you’re there to museum hop places like the George Washington Carver Museum or Museum of the Weird, or travel just 20 minutes away to nearby Round Rocks, you’re just steps away from everything Texas’s most fun city has to offer. Gaze over the Colorado River or stroll tree-lined streets; the city is your playground from this centrally located hotel.
With rooms that are lushly appointed in a soothing earth tone palette of blues, whites, browns and natural wood, and a restaurant like Geraldine’s right at your fingertips, Kimpton is everything a guest longs for in an urban retreat.
But speaking of those delightful holiday offerings, here are several more if you’re looking to get away from it all and celebrate somewhere new right as the weather turns cold:
- Motown Christmas: On December 15th, Geraldine’s hosts its 6th annual Motown Christmas, starring R&B singer-songwriter and The Voice contestant Tje Austin. Austin and friends will share their toe-tapping renditions of holiday classics.
- Deck the Walls: This package includes a stay in The Presidential Suite along with a queen-queen guest room. This delightfully appointed themed package includes Instagram-ready miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer, stocking “hung with care”, and holiday records to set the mood. The deal runs from December 1st through the 29th and a portion of proceeds from each stay go towards No Kid Hungry.
- Bad Mom’s Holiday Getaway: If you’re feeling a little overworked and a little overwhelmed this holiday season, grab your three besties and get to Kimpton as fast as your sleigh can fly. This luxury package includes dinner for up to four guests at Geraldine’s, a quartet of “Bad Mom-Tini’s,” and a gift basket with face masks, bath salts, and a holiday surprise. Book November 19th through December 29th.
- New Year’s: With 2022 just 2 months away, you may be planning your New Year’s Eve already. If you’re familiar with the Rainey St celebrations, you’ll know that Kimpton is perfectly placed for New Year’s Eve revelry. If you aren’t familiar, you should plan your stay and find out what it’s all about. The New Year’s package includes a two night stay in luxury accommodations, champagne, complimentary valet parking, and breakfast-in-bed on New Year’s Day.
If all of this sounds exactly like the holiday vacation you’ve been hoping for, head over to the website to plan and book your stay. But don’t wait; Friendsgiving and Rooftop Igloos have both been immensely popular in years past, so make your reservations now.