Kylie Goes Big for ’24K’ Birthday Plus Other Kardashian Extravaganzas
It’s impossible to believe that Kylie Jenner has built the empire that she has while in her early 20’s, but
It’s impossible to believe that Kylie Jenner has built the empire that she has while in her early 20’s, but it’s true – the makeup maven celebrated her 24th birthday this week. Kylie is celebrating her 24th birthday in a very Kardashian/Jenner way – calling it her 24K birthday. CELEB takes a look at this week’s celebration, as well as some of the Kardashian/Jenner biggest and most extravagant birthdays past.
Kylie did it up Bohemian style at her house in Los Angeles. Bringing together her best pals and her mom Kris, Kylie celebrated what she dubbed her 24-Karrat party, which is an entirely Kardashian thing for her to do. Mirror reports, “Taking to her Instagram, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star offered followers a inside look of her plush pad which was awash with colourful oversized bouquets of her favourite flowers.
Her guests for the intimate gathering, which also included pals Victoria Villarroel, Carter Gregory and Yris Palmer, were treated to a sugar-infused breakfast buffet of cinnamon swirls, doughnuts, cupcakes alongside healthier options of scrambled eggs and avocado on toast.”
After some delectable noshing, guests enjoyed Kylie’s backyard transformed into a pop-up art studio, with easels and canvases for each guest to fill. Overall it was a relatively low-key party – for a Jenner. Compared to the rest of us, it was an elegant, extravagant, beautiful way to ring in your 24th birthday.
Past Kardashian Parties
Compared to past parties, this celebration is downright understated. Here are some of the biggest and most notable Kardashian/Jenner parties over the years:
- Kris Jenner’s 60th: All 5 sisters collaborated to make Kris’s 60th a night to remember. The theme was based on The Great Gatsby, and cost a whopping $2M. Guests on the A-list included Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Melanie Griffith, Tina Knowles and more. Kylie and Khloe both wore gowns around around $17K. You know, just walking around clothes.
- Kim and Kanye’s wedding: While this isn’t a birthday party, it was a Kardashian bash in the best tradition possible. The multi-day affair hosted 600 of their closest friends and is reported to have cost nearly $3M. It’s a shame the beautiful couple has called it quits this year because with a fairytale wedding like they had, it’ll be hard to do one better with the next relationship.
- North West’s first birthday: Speaking of the Kardashian-Wests. Not to be outdone by the extravagant Coachella, North got her own Kidchella bash for her first birthday – which she won’t even remember, by the way – making it an elaborate and multi-million dollar day to celebrate the oldest Kardashian-West child. Ciara, Rachel Roy, Tyga and Blac Chyna all made appearances with their kids. And of course, the Kardashian/Jenner family showed up to celebrate the party, which was held in Aunt Kourtney’s back yard.
- Kim Kardashian’s 35th: There may be a bit of a theme here. Kim is often referred to as the greatest diva of the group, even if her sisters are neck-and-neck with her for popularity and wealth. But Kim’s pregnant 35th involved her friends wearing baby bumps and a cake that read, “Happy Pregnant Birthday.” Totally normal, right? Of course the party was outrageously expensive but when you’re a Kardashian – and married to Kanye West – the sky is the limit.
And of course there are birthday parties we don’t speak of. For instance, during the pandemic last year Kim was blasted for a lavish island party that put a lot of people at risk, despite her best COVID precautions at the time. The public backlash to that party led the Kardashian family to cancel their Christmas get together that year and may be responsible for Kylie’s toned down 24th.
Kylie’s Birthday Collection
But one thing Kylie did not tone down for her 24th would be the makeup collection she released in celebration. The 24-year-old has been teasing the release for weeks, and it finally went live on the 10th. As the name would suggest – 24K – the theme is gorgeous neutrals and golds. Some of the pieces included in the collection are:
- Eyeshadow: The 24K pressed powder palette comes in a variety of gorgeous shimmering golds and jewel tones, perfect for sun-kissed Summer skin.
- Lip shine: The lip lacquer kit comes in a number of elegant, beautiful roses and pinks to compliment the palette’s sparkles.
- Highlighter: Of course the highlighter comes in gold – with a pressed 24K in the face. It might make pale skin look a little sickly, but for skin with a little bit of bronze it’s going to give an ethereal glow sure to delight.
The collection includes a few more skin-centered pieces as well as a bundle and a PR kit, signed by Kylie herself. The pieces are all perfect compliments to one another and would be an amazing Summer/Fall look used together, or as part of another glam look.
Whether you’re interested in Kylie’s 24th because of her empire, her makeup collection, or the way the Kardashian family rings in big events, this week has been All About Kylie. With her newest makeup collection out and ready for people to wear, it’s a fine 24th indeed.