Teen Mom OG star Maci Bookout is a reality TV veteran. While she is no stranger to online trolls and tabloid fodder, she’s always stayed above the fray and focused on what she does best- being an excellent mother. Recently, Mackenzie Standifer, the wife of Maci’s ex Ryan Edwards (and father of Maci’s son, Bentley) did a YouTube interview with Without A Crystal Ball where she said several things. This was following last week’s episode of Teen Mom OG where Maci was helping Bentley to cut weight for his wrestling so that he could stay within a certain weight class.

In the interview, Mackenzie said many things regarding the episode, Bentley, and Maci. We reached out to Maci exclusively to get her response to the things Mackenzie said- and she did not hold back.

In an early part of the interview, Mackenzie was critical of Maci’s handling of Bentley’s cutting weight for wrestling. Specifically, Mackenzie said, “I just never want any of our kids to ever feel like they need to go to those lengths to be successful. You train, you do your practices, you win some, you lose some. And ultimately, you want to win, but you don’t have to go that far. And I get it that there are wrestlers who- that’s how they do things. But at 11 years old, I don’t think introducing those habits at such a young age ends well, ever.”

To this, Maci exclusively shared that the following were the habits she introduced with Bentley:

• Not skipping breakfast- drinking more water ALL day
  • Choosing high calorie, good fat/carbs, natural sugars and protein
  • Learning how to grocery shop and cook healthy meals and snacks

She told us, “If introducing eating habits such as (those above) is “never going to end well, then I’ve lost my mind. (She was) making statements based on ignorance, never telling the truth.”

Mackenzie also criticized Bentley putting pressure on himself related to wrestling, noting that, “we were like, ’that’s a little extreme. ’And we just didn’t know it was like that- at home.”

To this, Maci shared with us that, “If she or Ryan actually talked to Bentley or me about it, they would be certain that it was Bentley’s choice to maintain his weight in his weight class, but considering they only spend a couple of hours a week around him and never show interest in showing up for more than one event a month…it’s fair to say that what they ’thought’ was wrong. And, I’ll say it again- this is making statements based on ignorance that never tell the truth.”

“For someone who publicly claims season after season, episode after episode, that the show is completely FAKE and that editing is what shines the bad light on her and Ryan… I’m shocked it only took two scenes to change her opinion,” Maci continued detailing. “Now in Mackenzie’s opinion, the show is 100% authentic.”

“And for the record,” she added, “when Mackenzie and Ryan stop talking badly about my son, making fun of him, and talking down to him… then maybe their opinion of what goes on in my home will hold some weight… Actually, no it won’t.”

We then asked Maci about Mackenzie claiming that Ryan offered to take a drug test so he could take Bentley and that Maci (and her husband, Taylor McKinney) ignored the request/did not respond.

“This is absolutely not true,” Maci revealed to us. “I’m begging to see some proof.”

Speaking of substances, we asked Maci about the conversation Mackenzie had on the Youtube pertaining to Maci’s drinking and the intimation made that she was “slurring her words” in the past episode. When Mackenzie was asked about this in the Youtube interview, she more or less stayed quiet which led many to think she was insinuating Maci had a drinking problem.

To this Maci responded that If I want to drink a glass of wine in a bathtub before bed or drink a beer while making dinner or with my dinner, I will. If I want to indulge in an adult beverage in the comfort of my own home, on or off-camera… guess what? It’s legal, so I can.”

“FYI,” she added, “street drugs (heroin), non-prescription drugs, and slander are illegal.”

Also pertaining to the conversation around alcohol, Mackenzie stated, “I just hope everyone who needs help gets it. And that’s not directed at her, I just…” and she trailed off.

To this, Maci directly responded that “Some people need help learning to worry about themselves and their own family. I hope those people get the help they need- and that’s definitely directed at Mackenzie.”

When asked if she felt like Mackenzie was trying to change the narrative to shift it from Ryan’s drug problems to insinuate something is wrong with Maci, Maci told us that, “Mackenzie would insinuate that the bullsh*t she spits out of her mouth tastes good to just stay relevant.”

Her straw broke, and she’s still thirsty,” Maci added, revealing why she feels like Mackenzie would do an interview like this.

During her Youtube interview, Mackenzie also said, “If it was me, and my son’s dad, then I would be communicating what I wanted … my terms, my expectations, what I’m expecting from him so that we’re on the same page.” It definitely seemed like she was criticizing Maci’s co-parenting of Bentley with Ryan.

To this, Maci responded that “Mackenzie is not me and I’m fairly certain her oldest child’s father is not a ‘recovering’ drug addict, who threatened to kill her husband.”

“And for someone who has only been around for a few years,” she continued, “Ryan’s 10th or so girlfriend (I lost count) since Bentley was born, rode without concern with a highly intoxicated driver to their shotgun wedding… She sure thinks her opinions actually matter to me, my son, or my husband.”

Maci wrapped with telling us that, “For all the times she has made a point to say ‘Maci is the #1 trigger’ for Ryan as it pertains to his drug use. — I’d like to know why she thought it would be a healthy and positive choice to send a copy of my book to Ryan while he was in jail?”

“I dare her to deny doing that,” Bookout added, “because I have the proof.”

• Tammy, June 1, 2020 @ 11:11 pm Reply

You go Maci and we had two boys in wrestling and they had to lose weight for wrestling like a pound or two mostly they needed to eat healthy 😂 don’t let her get to you 🤗 🤗 🤗

• The 7 Juiciest Quotes from ‘Teen Mom’ Maci Bookout’s New Interview About Ryan & Mackenzie Edwards – The Ashley's Reality Roundup, June 1, 2020 @ 11:45 pm Reply

[…] on her baby daddy Ryan Edwards and his wife Mackenzie in a new interview with Celeb Magazine on Monday. Maci’s interview was partially in response to a YouTube interview Mackenzie did […]

• Lyssa, June 1, 2020 @ 11:50 pm Reply

My son who is 8 wrestles and cuts weight but does exactly what you do with Bentley. Some people don’t understand it but they aren’t the ones I worry about. Keep your head up. You and Taylor are doing great things.

• Christinenicole, June 2, 2020 @ 5:07 am Reply

Maci..honestly she’s not even worth your time or a single thought. No need to try and defend your actions. Girl we know you are a GREAT mom…she’s just a bitter bit*h that is salty because we all see her for what she is..A piece of trash that doesn’t even have full custody of her OWN son from her previous marriage!! Let’s not forget she let her soon to be husband get behind the wheel while he’s nodding off (clearly on heroin) in front of the ENTIRE world to see! Clearly she didn’t seem to think anything was wrong with that..just like she’s gullible enough to believe her husband is sober haha. LOSER! You’re just a bitter, attention seeking jealous girl Mckenzie..and we all see it. Your own in-laws don’t even like you!

• Jenn, June 2, 2020 @ 5:39 am Reply

Maci your a great mom, you always have been. Mackenzie is just jealous of you and like you said thirsty. She knows your a million times the woman she could even dream of being. Keep raising your kids and loving your husband and forget te haters girl!

• Krystal, June 2, 2020 @ 9:42 pm Reply

Listen Maci you are an amazing mother and you do what you need to do for your kids and even beyond. Mackenzie needs to leave you alone. She needs to worry about her own kids around Ryan when he’s all doped up.

• Richlyn, June 2, 2020 @ 6:35 am Reply

💯💯💯💯💯👏👏👏👏👏👏 You go Maci!!!! I’ve always looked up to you & how you handle things!!! I am a stepmom dealing with a 50-50 CO yet a half ass bm. We’re all in different situations but I admire how you & your husband; 1 stick together through thick & thin. 2 always rise above the bullshit, drama & stupid comments. 3 & your comebacks!!! Always 💯 & real yet you both always look sooo calm & put together whenever answering these fuckin idiots!!!! Bravo!!!!! Rock that shit!!!

• Nathan, June 2, 2020 @ 8:13 am Reply

Bently could be the next connor. Keep it up.

• Janice, June 2, 2020 @ 9:45 am Reply

You go Maci i give you credit for hanging in there as long as you have i know Ryan parents seen Bentley and seem to have a pretty good relationship with them but the day he would have threaten to kill my husband foe me that would have been it Ryan would have been cutt out completely and Makenzie she reminds me of the biggest enabler i have a daughter who unfortunately is a drug addict and sometimes there comes a time where you have done all you can for them you make them hit the high road i feel Ryan parents are enablers my addict daughter has 3 beautiful daughters that are in the legal custody of my oldest daughter her and her husband are raising them YOU DO A GREAT JOB MACI KEEP IT UP you have a beautiful family your kids will go far in life go girl hugs to you ❤️💜

• Candice, June 3, 2020 @ 12:19 am Reply

You go Maci!!! I don’t know how you handle the two of them without just snapping. You are a stronger woman than me. It’s funny how a safe, healthy, eating style IS bad for a child who is passionate about his sport is bad, yet growing up with a dad in and outa jail, different girl every week, and drugs of and on all of this for yrs IS NOT bad for his son 🤦🤷 Guess theu will grow up about the same time Bentley does. SMH

• Shell, June 3, 2020 @ 1:08 am Reply

Ryan and Mackenzie need too worry about all those children they have around his heroin drug use he never stopped using he goes from thing to another like pills now for instance all that trashy wife of his does is LIE FOR HIM she brings nothing more too the table other than her lies and covering up for that looser drug addict who can’t pay his bills like walking out of the bar lile he is some super celebrity who don’t have too pay you BOTH need a reality check and those kid’s taken away not too mention the mental abuse they go through all day with them maci the best thing you did was get your SON away from him !

• Jamie Morgan, June 3, 2020 @ 2:08 am Reply

Maci I wouldn’t worry about what that home body bitch says, and yes Ryan and her do bully Bentley. I can almost bet anyone when the restraining order dropped Bentley still won’t go to Ryan’s I can guarantee that. For one, he doesn’t trust Ryan, for two when I watch Ryan around Bentley poor bent let looks tense and on edge. I wish that poor boy didn’t have to see that P O S ever. I live Ryan’s parents and I’m sure they will stay put of this b cus it’s not healthy for Bentley. That poor boy just wants to b a kid and Mackensie I thinks it’s real funny how u want to talk shit when the cameras are on u guys why isn’t Ryan ever tending to u all’s kids. Hmmmm probably b cus the stress would trigger him to use lmao that man is made of excuses.

• Carolyn Wall, June 3, 2020 @ 2:22 am Reply

Maci they just jealous and wanna try and make you look bad but guess what we know better they are the ones that need help rs. Alcohol legal Herion definitely not legal so who need the help

• Dora, June 3, 2020 @ 4:06 pm Reply

Maci, you’ve already heard it many times on how great of a mom you are to your kids and to your husband. In your fans eyes and the viewers of the show they all see on how Tyler is a better father then Ryan. Ryan is just a freaking loser. That can’t man up to his poor choices. That he thinks that saying you’re the problem for his addiction is going to excuse all those poor choices. He needs to freaking grow a pair and just admit to his poor choices and then maybe once he admits it, then he will probably really start to lay off drugs. Mackensie needs to freaking face the truth and stop being a bad wife by making excuses for him and needs to stop him from bulling his son. Bentley will get to the age where he himself is going to tell he doesn’t want to see him anymore, but be prepared for that bcuz when that happens you’re going to be blamed for that too. You and Tyler are doing an awesome job raising the kids and making a happy home for them. That the other two morons are jealous of your family bcuz you are happy and they are not. From the beginning of the show I always wished for you to leave him and when you finally moved on I knew god had much better plans for you and your son then being with that loser. I admire your husband so much bcuz he is so involved in Bentley ‘s life and doing the job that his sperm donor can’t do bcuz his drugs and loser wife come first. You guys keep doing the great job you are doing. God has an abundance of blessings for you and your family. Love a fan

• Nicole, June 4, 2020 @ 7:53 pm Reply

Maci they arnt even worth your time! You can clearly see Ryan is not in the right state of mind in the episodes and they should be thankful they get to see him at all let a lown comment on your parenting . You are an AMAZING MOTHER ! And wife your so strong willed and always do the best for your kids!

• Full Breakdown of the Feud Between Maci Bookout & Mackenzie Edwards in New Interviews – “Her straw broke and she’s still thirsty.”, June 9, 2020 @ 5:21 pm Reply

[…] relationship with Ryan. Soon after that interview Maci responded in an interview of her own with Celeb Magazine. (NOTE: I just waned to add in here that I am not sure if Maci watched the full interview with […]

• kirsten, June 13, 2020 @ 12:21 pm Reply

Wow Mackenzie is so desperate to have a happy marriage it’s actually quite sad.. Maci I wouldn’t even defend yourself against her words as the world knows you are a fantastic mum and would love nothing more for Bentley to have a.gpod relationship with his dad.. and if Mackenzie thinks Ryan is sober she is even more desperate than I thought.. it’s so obvious he is still on drugs.. and make me laugh how they were criticising Maci and Bentley and his diet choices when he is putting poisen in his veins. WTF.. so so sad Mackenzie

• Maureen, June 25, 2020 @ 1:47 am Reply

Hi Maci I have watched you grow right from the beginning and I understand why you let Bentley see Ryan as it is his choice to make weither he wants to see him or not I did the same thing with my children and now there grown they don’t see him at all Ryan is digging his own grave with Bentley and as he gets older he will see that you let him make his own choice about Ryan and will not blame you for not allowing him to see his dad He has to excellent parents in you and Taylor you both just keep doing what you are doing all your children are a credit to you both.

• ปั้มไลค์, June 25, 2020 @ 8:59 pm Reply

Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.

• Maci Bookout Slams Mackenzie Standifer In Shocking New Interview – A Lifestyle blog by Val the naturalista, July 20, 2020 @ 7:42 am Reply

[…] Maci has exclusively talked to Celeb Magazine, giving a response to the comments Mackenzie said about her. What did she have to […]

• Maci Bookout Slams Mackenzie Standifer In Shocking New Interview - Celebilicious, August 19, 2020 @ 10:52 am Reply