All Mariah Carey wants for Christmas is you – to have some free food! The pop queen superstar has teamed up with McDonald’s for a new feature called the Mariah Menu, and people who act quickly can get free food every day now through Christmas Eve. The Mariah Menu pairs a mobile app purchase with a daily reward item, which includes food and merchandise depending on the day. But what exactly is on the Mariah Menu?
The Mariah Menu: it sounds like something you’d eat at a Tiffany’s diner or some upscale restaurant. The pop superstar is known for being over-the-top and living a truly luxurious Hollywood lifestyle, so McDonald’s probably isn’t the first food that comes to mind when you think of her. However, the Queen of Christmas has teamed up with the fast food giant to offer the Mariah Menu which will grant free food now through Christmas.
Here’s what we know and how it works:
- Now through December 24, a minimum purchase of $1 through the mobile app will grant you access to a free daily item from the Mariah Menu.
- You have to move quickly; only the first 10,000 people who order the deal each day will get the free reward.
- Merch is included in the menu; on Wednesday December 15 you can get a free, limited-edition beanie with Carey’s signature. And on December 21, those lucky enough to score the deal can get a t-shirt.
The daily deals from the Mariah Menu offer these freebies each day as follows:
- December 14: McChicken
- December 15: a bakery item (plus beanie)
- December 16: 6pc chicken McNuggets
- December 17: cheeseburger
- December 18: hotcakes
- December 19: McDouble
- December 20: Apple Pie
- December 21: sausage McMuffin with egg
- December 22: double cheeseburger
- December 23: sausage biscuit
- December 24: chocolate chip cookies.
If you’re a little disappointed that free fries aren’t on the list, you’re not alone. But as these items are probably Carey’s favorites – and they’re free – we’re not ones to complain. If you’re eager to snap up this deal, make sure to order early in the day. Orders for the day open at midnight.
Mariah’s Christmas Trees
Carey’s voice signals the advent of the Christmas season for many of us as retail stores begin playing her, “All I Want for Christmas is You” anthem before we’ve even digested our Thanksgiving feasts. It’s no surprise that the Christmas season is Carey’s favorite, and she celebrates in the kind of over-the-top way you’d expect her to.
The queen crooner recently shared her holiday joy with fans, hoping to inspire people to go big this year and put the cares of a troubled year behind us. The star places perfectly decorated trees throughout her mansion – in some rooms, four trees per room are the norm. Carey likes off-white lights with gold and silver accents, a classic palette that creates a dreamlike wonderland.
DECOR writes, “The holidays are characteristically glam in Carey’s house, but to her, it all helps foster magical moments with her family—and she encourages her fans to do the same. ‘Look, I can sit here and say, ‘I need a burgundy cashmere throw delicately draped on my Ralph Lauren sofa with a gold pillow’ and whatever. We love it all (and by the way, I do like it all to look perfect so I am not going to pretend I don’t), but it’s about being at home,’ Carey reflects.
‘It is surrounding yourself with things you love and people you love.’”
The lesson? Even if you can’t decorate like Mariah – and who can, let’s be honest – you can still find joy and go big this holiday season by focusing on being home with the ones you love. And maybe having four Christmas trees in your living room.
Celebs and Food
Celebrities teaming up with food giants is nothing new. McDonald’s already teamed up with rapper Saweetie for a meal deal earlier this year, and most of us probably still have Saweetie and Sour Sauce tucked away in our catch-all drawers at home.
Here are some other celebs whose love for food has blossomed into a collaboration or business:
- Timbiebs: Tim Horton’s and Justin Bieber teamed up for three menu items on their Timbits menu.
- DJ Khaled: The superstar DJ recently launched a multi-continent opening for his wing restaurants.
- Eminem: Mom’s Spaghetti has been a pop-up for awhile but the rapper finally opened a permanent location in Detroit earlier this year.
- The Jonas Brothers: The Jonas family has had a restaurant called Nellie’s Southern Kitchen for a bit now. But they’ve recently announced that they’re bringing their family’s southern flavors to Las Vegas in a collaboration with the MGM Grand.
- Cardi B: The rapper who absolutely slayed 2021 recently announced the launch of Whipshots, a vodka-infused whipped cream in collaboration with Starco Brands.
If you want to eat like a star, all you have to do is pay attention to which corporate collab they’ve been up to lately.
For now, that means staying up late and hitting that “order” button just after midnight on the McDonald’s mobile app. After all, free food and Mariah Carey merch? It’s the perfect way to ring in the holidays.