Mezcal Looks Good On You In The Form Of Clothing And Sustainability
Dos Hombres Mezcal is made with the finest Espadin agave which is hand-selected from the hillside of a small village,
Dos Hombres Mezcal is made with the finest Espadin agave which is hand-selected from the hillside of a small village, San Luis del Rio, in Oaxaca, Mexico. The delicious and award-winning elixir brought to you by Breaking Bad stars Aaron Paul, Bryan Cranston, and Gregorio Velasco, is rooted in promoting sustainability in the remote town that is home to the mezcal.
San Luis del Rio is blessed with rich soil and adequate rainfall and is the home to proud Mezcal producers. And, Dos Hombres is a product of just that.
Just in time for the season of gift-giving, Paul and Cranston have announced a brand new collection of mezcal merch that will direct 100 percent of proceeds to building infrastructure in the village of San Luis Del Rio. The proceeds will aid in projects such as rebuilding roads, agave reforestation, and water purification for the entire village of 500 inhabitants.
Supporting a Community That Makes Mezcal a Reality
Paul announced the news on his Instagram grid with the caption,
Hey there you wonderful humans. We are launching our new Merch. 100% of the proceeds of this merch will go back to the beautiful community of San Luis Del Rio, the magical village we are blessed to produce Dos Hombres out of. The money raised will help support infrastructure and rebuilding roads for the village and beyond. Take a look at doshombres.com or click the link in our bio to help support this wonderful community that makes Dos Hombres a reality. Raising a glass to you all.🥃🖤”
The collection highlights include:
- Dos Hombres Chocolate Beanie ($25)
- Dos Hombres Chocolate Hoodie ($70) and Joggers ($60)
- Dos Hombres Vintage Tee ($40)
- Dos Hombres Vintage Hoodie ($70)
- Dos Hombres Bomber Jacket ($95)
Sustainability Is Always A Top Priority
Paul and Cranston treat every day like Earth Day with these eco-conscious initiatives.
Local Water Purification Facility
- with a dedication to making a positive impact in the San Luis del Rio community, where the mezcal is produced, Dos Hombres constructed and donated a water filtration system in September 2021 for the people of the town.
- Dos Hombres built a cooling system to treat the water used to cool the copper stills during distillation so this water may be repurposed, to reduce the amount of water usage required for alcohol production.
- As a sustainable spirit, Dos Hombres utilizes only the highest quality local agave and sources only natural soil to be treated with natural fertilizers. There is no electricity used in the process of making Mezcal, however, Dos Hombres has installed solar panels nearby so that as the sun begins to set it is easier to see.
- In addition to the Espadin Mezcal, Dos Hombres also offers an extremely limited Tobala bottling. Tobala has to be found in the wild and matured for at least 25 years before it can be harvested. For each Tobala that Dos Hombres discovers, they plant two more in its place giving back to the earth.
So, with some time left to spare, give the gift of style and sustainability this holiday season.