Morgan Wallen Strikes Out Again This Time At A Greater Cost
Morgan Wallen lost his voice before a concert which may transpire into losing a legal battle as well against an
Morgan Wallen lost his voice before a concert which may transpire into losing a legal battle as well against an angry fan. The famed singer canceled his Sunday performance at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in Oxford, Mississippi just minutes before he was supposed to perform. To put it into perspective, his opening acts, Hardy, Ernest, and Nate Smith had already performed. So, when we say minutes we literally mean minutes.
One [of the many] upset fans took it upon themselves to file a lawsuit against Wallen for the last-minute cancellation and if the judge approves it, the country singer might be facing some real legal drama.
Morgan Wallen Does The Canceling This Time
View this post on Instagram
Wallen hasn’t had the best record and has even been a subject of cancel culture. In 2021, a leaked video exposed the singer for using the N-word. He can be heard telling someone to “take care of” this “p–sy ass motherf–ker.” “Take care of this p–y ass n—-r.”
When he said these things, Wallen was reportedly on hour 72 of a 72-hour bender (no excuse) and when the video went public he instantly sent out a public statement apologizing for his poor behavior.
“I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back,” Wallen said in a statement given to ET. “There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever. I want to sincerely apologize for using the word. I promise to do better.”
His music was quickly pulled from all radio stations and safe to say he was #canceled.
However, after coming back from his wrongdoings he’s been gaining popularity again, enough to sell out stadiums during his most recent tour. And, this time, he was the one doing the canceling.
As we mentioned, minutes before he was scheduled to get on stage, Wallen canceled his show in Mississippi due to losing his voice. This disappointed everyone at the show and motivated one fan specifically to sue the singer.
Brandi Burcham filed a class action lawsuit “on behalf of herself and all other similarly situated” individuals who attended the show on Sunday. The court documents revealed that the venue promised refunds “at point of purchase” however hers had yet to be “issued.”
The documents also pointed out that it wasn’t only the tickets people paid for. The plaintiff added that “Even if ticket prices are refunded, no offer has been made to reimburse concertgoers for other out-of-pocket expenses they incurred in connection with the concert cancellation, including transportation, lodging, food, merchandise sales, transaction fees and other such expenses.”
60,000 Apologies Owed
View this post on Instagram
“I appreciate and understand everything you do to get to my shows, so it would be unfair of me to put on a show that I know will not be 100%,” Wallen stated. “I’m doing everything I can to speed up the process of getting to that 100% mark.”
Wallen wrote the sad news to Instagram prior to putting it on the big screens at the concert and fans were quick to display their appointment amid his sincere apology.
One fan tweeted, “Completely disappointed in @MorganWallen!! Been sitting in this stadium for 3 hrs and he just announced the show is canceled!!! COMPLETE BULLS–T!!!
“You don’t cancel a show 5 minutes before showtime. Period. If he was sick or had no voice he knew it much sooner than that. Pitiful,” another wrote.
“I’m not even that mad about not seeing Morgan Wallen bc I’ve seen him before. What I’m most frustrated about is the fact that they knew this before the concert and let all 80k plus people buy liquor and merch before canceling so that everyone got their monies worth,” a third concertgoer tweeted. However, take note that the seating capacity of the stadium is 60,000. Not 80,000.
Wallen and his team have yet to respond.