New York Fashion Week 2021 Brings Familiar Faces and Bold Choices
New York Fashion Week is back, and better than ever. With a number of COVID restrictions in place to make
New York Fashion Week is back, and better than ever. With a number of COVID restrictions in place to make it as safe as possible, NYFW kicked off this year with a bang. Stars flocked to the Big Apple, designers showed their best hands, and fashion lovers from around the world drank in the beauty and artistic majesty that is Fashion Week. An event that stretches from September 7th through September 12th, NYFW is the perfect time for fashion to meet its biggest fans and supporters face to face. CELEB takes a look at some of the best of Fashion Week.
Stars Spotted Around Fashion Week
Fashion Week is always a “who’s who?” of Hollywood’s most fashionable, and 2021 is no exception. From music and film they come, to show off their own sense of style and to bask in the creative glow of New York’s finest fashion event.
Gigi Hadid returned to the catwalk, and other stars showed up to sample their favorite designers. Here are some of the biggest stars who have attended the event thus far:
- Katie Holmes: The actress and ex-wife of Tom Cruise attended the Kate Spade New York Popup Installation VIP Opening Party. Holmes looked lovely in a robin’s egg blue sun dress, and later in an understated Christian Siriano pantsuit.
- Lea Michele: New mom and Glee star Lea Michele looked radiant in a simple white gown at the Duncan Spring/Summer 2022 Runway Show.
- Ciara: The singer/songwriter, who is also a model and fashion lover, looked breathtakingly beautiful at the Dundas Fashion Show in a green miniskirt and sleeveless top, with matching thigh-high boots and a fur coat in the same emerald.
- Kristin Chenoweth and Alicia Silverstone both made appearances at the Christian Siriano Fashion show. Chenoweth sparkled in a black mini dress with dazzling rainbow foil accent and Silverstone looked classically beautiful in a cold-shoulder rouched black gown.
Other noteworthy appearances include Lil Kim who posed with Siriano, looking fierce and beautiful with a long braid and bold black dress covered in rose accents.
It’s not Fashion Week without the Runway shows, so let’s dive into the best that have hit the catwalk thus far. The Runway shows kicked off September 7th, and will close out September 12th with Fashion titan Oscar de la Renta. There will be a brief pause for remembrance on September 11th.
CELEB picked out some of our favorite shows, in no particular order:
- Duncan: The name of the season for Duncan is bold. Bold colors, bold cuts. The outfits featured varied length pairings including crop-tops with coats.
- A Company: A Company took a challenge to the gender binary out for a stroll with pieces that delight whoever wants to wear them; no rules here.
- Bronx and Banco: This collection both embraces the feminine mystique and celebrates curves and edges, but make them fierce. Looking like a modern twist on ancient war regalia drawn for women by a Fantasy designer, the Bronx and Banco collection was exciting, whimsical, and also somehow intense and unafraid.
- Maryam Nassir Zadeh: It was an unexpected collection. Traditional shapes shredded expectations by adding surprising shapes, colors, and fabrics to keep the eye interested.
- ThreeASFOUR: This collection threw function maybe not out the window, but it’s teetering on the windowsill. However, what it lost in function, it made up for in form. Each piece was a flowing, organic, somehow also futuristic display of some of nature’s most beautiful shapes. With vibrant fabrics and no two parallel lines, ThreeASFOUR went for it, and we like where they took it.
- Christian Siriano: One of the most beloved designers, Siriano was feeling denim and two-piece dresses this year. From the frilly and ostentatious to full-jean suits, Siriano’s versatility never ceases to amaze.
Still to Come
And we have to give an honorable mention to Collina Strada, for somehow working a rubber horse head into one outfit. Is it bold? Absolutely. Does it work? Who knows. But it’s there.
So what does Fashion Week have next to share?
- Thursday 9/9/21: Among others, shows happening today include LaPointe, Barragan, Ajovang, Mia Vesper, plus more.
- Friday 9/10/21: Friday’s lineup includes Michael Kors, Dirty Pineapple, Tombogo, House of Aama, Coach, Silent Panda, plus more.
- Saturday 9/11/21: Along with a pause in the festivities to remember 9/11 at 4PM, shows for Saturday include Maisie Wilen, Undra Celeste New York, Studio 189, Rodarte, Theophilo, and more.
- Sunday 9/12/21: Sunday’s lineup includes Tory Burch, Victor Glemaud, Dennis Basso, Puppets & Puppets, plus Oscar de la Renta and more.