NFL Draft Week Goes Big in Las Vegas with Helicopters, Marquee Takeovers a Wedding and More
NFL Draft Week 2022 has arrived in Las Vegas From helicopter flyovers to marquee takeovers, a wedding and more –
- NFL Draft Week 2022 has arrived in Las Vegas
- From helicopter flyovers to marquee takeovers, a wedding and more – it's going to be big
- A list of community events welcome Las Vegans and visitors to the city to join in on the fun
- Vegas is shutting down the Strip in a historic first, and giving the city a brief face lift for the weekend
The NFL draft has arrived in Las Vegas. It's Draft Week 2022 and Sin City is pulling out all the stops to make it the biggest draft ever.
In a city known for going over the top for everything, the NFL Draft is going to be predictably extraordinary. Here's a sneak peek into what to expect over the next few days.
NFL Draft Week Brings Community Events to Vegas
No city in the world knows how to throw a big party quite like Las Vegas. With the NFL Draft in town, the city hardly needs the excuse to go all out – and go all out, they have.
Here are some of the nightlife highlights you won't want to miss:
- Tao Group Hospitality: Starting Thursday April 28, Tao venues in Vegas are dialing it up a notch. Sports Illustrated will host the official Sports Illustrated Draft Party at Hakkasan Nightclub with EDM superstar Illenium rocking the stage. Also on Thursday, Tao Nightclub will host the Klutch Sports Group draft party with Mustard taking the stage. On Thursday and Friday April 29, Sports Illustrated will call Tao Dayclub home for their draft headquarters.
- On Saturday, DJ Mustard spins at Marquee Nightclub while Flo Rida makes his debut at Tao Dayclub.
- Sunday, The Cosmopolitan welcomes Pauly D for the return of Marquee Nightclub's iconic Drenched After Dark.
- Other performers who will take the stage throughout Draft Week for Tao include Martin Garrix, Alesso, Steve Aoki, Ja Rule and more.
- David Guetta at XS Nightclub on Thursday April 28, along with Lady Gaga at Dolby Live Theater.
- Friday night sees Daniel Tosh at the Mirage Theater, Michael Buble at Resorts World Theater, Like Mike at Area15 and NeedtoBreathe at the Venetian Theater.
- Saturday sees Iggy Azaela light up Daylight Beach Club, Alesso at Tao Beach Club, Ludacris at Light Nightclub, Lil Jon at Hakkasan Night Club, Marshmello at XS Nightclub, Swae Lee at Elia Beach Club, plus Kansas at Reynolds Hall.
- And for Sunday to close out the week's events, Kygo headlines Encore Beach Club, Dillon Francis at XS Nightclub and more.
And the Las Vegas community is getting in on the action too. A number of events show the way the city has come together to make this the best Draft Week ever:
- Eye Black Stickers: From Wednesday April 27 – Sunday, May 1. Can be found at several statues at Caesars Palace including the statue of David, the lion at MGM Grand Resort & Casino and the Sphinx at Luxor Resort & Casino.
- Kick Off Press Conference: Thursday April 28 noon PDT. SE corner of Flamingo and Las Vegas BLVD.
- American Marquee Takeover: Thursday April 28, 4:30-5PM PDT. Multiple resorts along the Strip.
- Military Helicopter Flyover: Thursday April 28, 4:47PM PDT. In the skies above the fountains of Bellagio.
And one couple that got engaged on the draft stage in Cleveland in 2021 will tie the knot on the Vegas Draft Stage this year at Draft Experience inside Caesars Forum.
A View From Above
One month out from the NFL Draft. Slight change to the Bellagio fountains red carpet stage plans. Players will no longer be ferried by boat to and from the platform. They’ll now instead walk on and off on temporary walkways from Las Vegas Boulevard. #vegas #nfldraft #nfl pic.twitter.com/yhBJHy423G— Mick Akers (@mickakers) March 28, 2022
The whole city is rearranging its face for the weekend, and there are a few changes you'll definitely want to check out for yourself.
At the Bellagio, the main stage is being built out over the water – with an overwater red carpet to stroll. Originally, they were planning to ferry people out to the stage by boat but that plan was nixed and the long red carpet proposed as a plan b.
Although all eyes will be on the red carpet, it's Caesars Entertainment that's hosting the draft pick moments. In typical Caesars fashion, it's a brilliant sparkling spectacle deserving on a Las Vegas draft event.
Part of the Strip will also be closed in a rare disruption for Sin City, to allow eventgoers to move around with ease.
Las Vegas is the best place to throw a party, and with the NFL Draft being one of the United States' biggest parties of the year – it's a dream team collab.