Donald Trump is furious after an anti-Trump group aired an ad on his favorite cable news channel, Fox News.
The former President took to Truth Social this morning to blast the commercial, threatening legal action over its content.
Donald Trump Threatens 'Perverts and Lowlifes' at Lincoln Project
A group known as the "Lincoln Project" has been needling Trump for years. Running anti-Trump ads and connecting with users via social media, the group has been a thorn in his side.
But that thorn appears to have become inflamed after an ad they ran on Fox News last night during primetime sparked the former POTUS's fury.
In the ad, a voiceover says, "Dear MAGA, we have some bad news. Not that you lost. Not that your little coup attempt failed. " It continues, "The real bad news is why Trump told you he lost, why he set it up way before the 2020 election ... it wasn't voter fraud, but it was fraud. Trump told you the election was stolen to rip you off." They accuse the former President of scamming voters in the "biggest scam in history", adding, "Every dollar you sent him paid to keep his shaky business empire and lavish lifestyle going. It was a sucker's game all along. And you know who the sucker is? It's you."
Trump this morning wrote on Truth, "The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News. I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016. The Paul Ryun run Fox only has high standards for 'Trump' ads, but not for anyone else. The Perverts should not be allowed to 'false advertise,' and Fox News should not allow it to happen." The former POTUS added, "See you all in Court!!!"
It marks a serious change from Trump's former love affair with Fox News and shows that the rift of recent months has grown to a chasm.
Trump Aide Testimony Sought for January 6 Hearings
Of course, that may not be the only thing bothering Trump today.
The January 6 panel is in court urging a judge to allow testimony from key witness, ex-Trump aide Mark Meadows.
Reuters writes, "Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows' conversations with then-President Donald Trump during last year's siege on the U.S. Capitol should not be shielded from lawmakers, a lawyer for the congressional committee probing the riots told a judge in Washington on Wednesday.
U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols did not immediately rule on whether the subpoenaed communications must be provided to the Jan. 6 committee. Meadows' attorneys say the messages are protected by executive privilege, which allows presidential communications with top aides to remain private, and that Meadows has 'absolute immunity' from being called to testify."
The panel is not seeking a court order to compel Meadows at this time, but hope if a judge rejects the former aide's argument that he has immunity, he will choose to testify on his own.
Meadows could arguably be one of the most bombshell witnesses to testify in the hearings if he agrees to, but the panel faces an uphill battle with the Trump stalwart.