If you had to bet on lifelong partners, Cardi B and Offset might not be top of your list.
But that doesn't mean that anyone enjoys watching their relationship falter and struggle. And one Twitter post from Cardi B has fans worrying that things are officially about to be over, breaking hearts for its honesty.
How Do People Really Feel About Divorce?
Amid rumors that Offset may have cheated with Saweetie, Cardi B took to Twitter with a heartbreakingly blunt question: "How do people really feel when their parents get divorce?"
Responses ranged from support from those whose lives improved after their parents divorce to remarks from those who cautioned that it can be a landmine.
But it's clear that the end of a marriage is on Cardi B's mind. Whether it's her or not isn't clear, but given the turbulence and uncertainty in recent days - we wouldn't be surprised if this is the first stages of Cardi B announcing an end of things with Offset.
Rumors of Offset Cheating with Saweetie
All of this questioning and online speculating comes as one online troll planted more than a seed of doubt in Cardi's mind this week. A truly relentless online persona who dubbed themselves a "Nicki Minaj connoisseur" needled the rapper over rumors that Offset had been cheating with rapper and former Migos member Quavo girlfriend.
Billboard writes, "When the Twitter troll brought up Cardi’s husband, Migos member Offset, and his past drug offenses and weapon possession charges, the 'Bodak Yellow' star responded, 'Ouuuuuu my man got a couple weed charges and gun charges cause he ain’t no P—- and was a hustler …rather d— slinging then taking P—- from b---hes ….you bringing my n—- up trying to get me mad …LETS NOT TALK ABOUT HUSBANDS NOW.'
Soon enough, the phrase 'Let’s not talk about husbands' was trending on Twitter.
But the user continued to bring up Offset, accusing him of cheating on Cardi with Saweetie, who used to date fellow Migos member Quavo. Cardi fired back, accusing the person of antagonizing her with 'no receipts' to prove any validity to her claims. 'No baby you lying !' she wrote. 'You makin crazy lies starting s— and putting female rappers in it WIT NO RECEIPTS, no blog ever spoke on this all of a sudden you come out of jail 5 days ago and you made up for lied in 2 hours wit NO RECEIPTS!'”
Offset and Cardi B Have Not Had Smooth Sailing
Offset and Cardi B haven't always had smooth sailing in their relationship. CELEB took a look back at how it came to be the marriage we know today:
- The pair is first introduced at an industry event in 2016.
- In early 2017, they released a single together called "Lick."
- February 2017: At an absolutely iconic first date venue, the pair steps out together for the first time at the Super Bowl in Houston.
- June 2017: Cardi refuses to confirm their relationship but teases fans with mentions of "the boy."
- August 2017: Cardi begins dropping public hints that she's ready to be engaged - no pressure, Offset.
- September 2017: The two marry in secret in their apartment in Atlanta, GA, exchanging vows in front of Cardi's cousin. Like baby Wave Set, the couple heroically managed to keep this secret against the odds - until June of the following year.
- October 2017: Offset publicly proposed on stage in Philidelphia (despite the fact that they were married already in secret) and the 20-carat ring reportedly cost around $500K.
- January 2018: Rumors begin flying that Offset cheated on Cardi. But to prove his devotion, the rapper tattooed her name on his neck.
- April 2018: Cardi first confirms that she's pregnant with Kulture.
- June 2018: The world discovers that the pair has been married for nearly a year already - that's one air-tight inner circle.
- July 2018: Kulture Kiari Cephus is born.
- September 2018: They celebrate their first wedding anniversary together.
- December 2018: The couple splits at the beginning of the month, but begin missing each other. By the end of December (and the end of 2018), Offset has apologized and they have gotten back together. Offset famously interrupted her on-stage set at Rolling Loud to beg for her back. It must have impressed her because they were photographed vacationing together shortly after.
- In early 2019, the couple officially shares that they're back together.
- July 2019: Cardi returns Offset's gesture and tattoos his name on her body.
- September 2020: As they inched towards celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary, Cardi filed for divorce saying the marriage was "irrevocably broken."
- October 2020: The pair was seen kissing at Cardi's birthday celebration in Las Vegas.
- November 2020: "Never mind" Cardi calls off the divorce.
- In Early 2021, Cardi revealed that she was pregnant with the couple's second child - Wave Set, welcomed September 4, 2021."
2022: Fans finally got a glimpse at the adorable Wave, and things seemed to be going well.
Unfortunately, sometimes things pull lovers apart no matter how hard they try to work it out. Whether or not they'll actually divorce remains to be seen, but it would seem that it's at least on Cardi's mind.