In the heart of the Bahamas lies Kamalame Cay. The playground of the elite, Kamalame Cay is paradise that feels like your very own Bahaman escape - paradise, just for you.
To celebrate the close of the 2021-2022 season, Kamalame Cay Private Island Resort is hosting three new Chef's Table Events in a series that will end the season in style. Here's the details of the final three Chef's Table Events, and why Kamalame Cay is about to become your top bucket list destination.
Three New Table Series
Town & Country dubbed Kamalame Cay's Chef Table luncheons, the "Secret Brunch Party Where Billionaires Let Loose." It's an apt description for the breathtaking island's events in the heart of the Bahamas, with sugar white sand and azure waters surrounding.
The resort embraces a casual, barefoot chic and almost boheme vibe, hosting legendary Saturday luncheons that bring some of the world's elite to play.
To close out the 2021-2022 season, they're hosting three final Chef's Table luncheons, and here are the details for each:
- Ocean-to-Table Lunch: Held every Wednesday in the season with a 40-person maximum. The Chef's Tables team writes in a statement, "Held at a grand communal table set directly on the beach, this chef-created and executed menu celebrates the very best of what the ocean has to offer locally in season (fish, lobster, shrimp, crab, conch) and the best the season offers from the farm (herbs, vegetables, fruit). Menu celebrates the local fisherman, farmers, foragers, bakers and artisans from which each item is sourced. Paired with specialty cocktails and selection of wines."
- Farm-to-Table Luncheon Pop-Up: Held the first Saturday of every month with a 30-person maximum. The team shares, "Held on one long table set within the Cay's 100-acre coconut farm on adjacent Andros Island, which also serves as home to the resort's organic garden and 'Cluckingham Palace' the Cay's free-range chicken farm. A chef-created and executed menu celebrates the very best of what farm has to offer, from wild-sourced and farm-raised poultry, eggs, meat and pork to the freshest seasonal herbs, fruits and vegetables; it is a tribute to local farmers, foragers, bakers and artisans from which the items are sourced. Paired with specialty cocktails and a selection of wines."
- Summer Full Moon Dinner Series: Held with the full moon, and a 30-person maximum. Kamalame's peerless team writes, "Stemming from the success of Kamalame's monthly wine pairing luncheons, the resort's Progressive Full-Moon Dinner Series launched this past January. Guests travel by 'sand chariots' (golf carts) and dine at different locations across the Cay for each course, bathed in the glow of the moon against the dark skies over the Atlantic. Each dinner concludes on the beach at the resort's newly-opened Sugarcane beachside dining venue for dessert, a bonfire and of course, dancing!"
Surf and turf delights, Cluckingham Palace, and dancing under the full moon? Could there be a more enticing series of events, anywhere in the world? We think not.
The 2021-2022 season wraps up in August, and 2022-2023 starts November 1st. Chef's Table Events may be reserved by contacting reservations 1 800 790 7971 (USA) or 011 44 208 819 3911 (London) or 1 416 477 1134 (Canada).
Kamalame Cay - Why Billionaires Go Here to 'Let Down Their Hair'
Perhaps you're not convinced yet - but we have no doubt you will be soon. Kamalame Cay is exactly how you'd picture paradise: brilliant blue skies, softly whispering palms blowing in the warm salt breeze, sugar white sand that feels like powder beneath your feet, lush greenery to soothe your soul; and as far as the eye can see, blue-green waters that sing the lunar song of the Caribbean, ebbing and flowing with the moon's pull.
If you aren't currently adding "Kamalame Cay" to your bucket list, here are a few more reasons to jot it down and make your plans:
- The resort itself offers 22 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, draped in exotic greenery and designed around a soothing white palette so the blue outside really pops in your view.
- Villas on the island offer a private beach-front escape with wrap-around verandas, everything you need for an extended stay, and an indoor-outdoor approach to living.
- Aside from the world-class luncheons, Kamalame Kay offers some dining delights for the everyday eating too (although there's nothing ordinary about anything at Kamalame): Tiki Bar with an outdoor kitchen and grill, full bar, and shaded seaside loggia; The Grove is an Asian restaurant that reflects the owner's Jamaican-Chinese heritage; Monkey Bar stocked with excellent wine, champagnes, spirits, and signature drinks; The Lounge a sand floor oceanfront lounge perfect for some light eats and a place to read that book you're making time for; and The Great House which a West Indies style design and menu, for all day eats.
- And activities for guests who are fueled up and ready to go include an ethereal over-water spa, diving paddleboarding, fishing, and basically every other water activity you could dream of. Speaking of fishing; you could catch a fish and bring it to the kitchen for the chef to turn into a masterpiece. If that isn't the ideal beach vacation, what is?
Just off the coast of Andros Island, Kamalame Cay is only accessible by seaplane or helicopter - so it's as removed as you could hope for in a tropical paradise getaway.
Whether you're there for the luncheons or the lazing about in paradise, Kamalame Cay is the perfect destination to consider this Summer. For more information or to plan your stay, visit the website.