The Kardashian clothing empire is growing again.
This time, it's Kris Jenner who's launching a new clothing line. And the Kardashian family matriarch is getting a little creative with the name.
Everyone knows the Kardashian family businesses often cheekily start with a "K," like almost everyone's name (sorry Rob) but Kris is taking it a step further with her upcoming line of comfortable and stylish clothes.
Caftans: they're one of the world's most comfortable items of clothing. With flowing lines, loose fit, and an endless option of pattern, cut and style - they can be the perfect casual or formal attire with the right accessories.
And Kris Jenner wants to get a piece of that world, launching her own line of caftans. And the name? Wait for it - Kristan. Kris + caftan. Either you're rolling your eyes and groaning or laughing - but it's a brilliant play on words people won't soon forget.
The Sun reports that Jenner filed for a trademark for Kristan in February; "According to the United States Trademark and Patent Office, the mark covers 'tops as clothing, bottoms as clothing, caftans and loungewear.
The name of the company appears to be a combination of Kris’ birth name, Kristen, and caftan, a clothing item The Kardashians star often wears.
The trademark has been accepted by the office.
Kris launching her own clothing brand comes after years of the momager managing her children’s various brands. "
This is the matriarch's first real foray into her own fashion - but she's helped her daughters launch several of their own successful lines, along with contributing to the resale family business Kardashian Kloset. So she's already well on her way to a successful brand; experience is half the battle.
Other Kardashian Family Clothing Lines
In celebration of Kris's new foray into clothing, here's a look back at some of the most successful Kardashian clothing brands (most of which Kris has had a hand in launching):
- 2003: Smooch and Dash: Launched by Kourtney and Kris, this was the first Kardashian jump into the world of fashion. It started with Smoosh, and Kourtney and Khloe combined forces to expand Dash. All stores of both brands were closed by 2018.
- 2011: Kardashian Kollection: There's that "K" again. Launched at the now-doomed Sears, the Kollection offered various fashion items at affordable prices. The brand was shuttered in 2015. The brand was later relaunched with a different focus in 2013.
- 2012: Arthur George: Son Rob launched this very specific clothing brand with men's and women's socks, and Kris eventually purchased 50% ownership.
- 2014: Kardashian Kids: The family was growing quickly with babies everywhere on the horizon when this brand took off.
- 2016: Kendall + Kylie: K + K sells ready-to-wear apparel and accessories, and was the focus of a controversy for unpaid wages in 2020.
- 2016: Kylie launches Good American, an inclusive denim brand.
- 2019: Skims: Kim launched a size-inclusive line of "solutionwear" aka body slimmers.
- 2019: Kardashian Kloset: The family launched a resale brand so people could buy their lightly-worn or unworn closet items. For a piece of clothing that once graced a famous Kardashian/Jenner, the prices aren't too bad.
Several more ideas have been bandied about and brands discussed - but all of the focus will be on Kris and her first solo launch into fashion.