Model Christy Giles and her friend architect Hilda Marcela Cabrales Arzola were having fun November 12, 2021, in what should have just been a carefree night on the town in Los Angeles.
But by the next day, Giles would be dead - her body dumped outside of an LA hospital, and Cabrales Arzola was clinging to life, passing away shortly after - leaving their families shocked and horrified, with few clues to go on as to what happened.
Video surveillance showed Giles being dumped by masked men outside of an area hospital, and toxicology reports suggested that Cabrales Arzola was loaded heavily with a combination of drugs - but neither women were the type to use drugs or behave recklessly.
From the beginning, Giles' widower Jan Cillers knew it was foul play, and his worst suspicions were confirmed when the pair's deaths were ruled as homicides.
Three men were arrested in connection with the murders in December of 2021, and murder charges have just been filed against them.
Murder Charges and Accessory - a Long Time Coming
40-year-old David Brian Pearce of Beverly hills is charged with two counts of murder as well as two counts of sale/transport/furnish of a controlled substance.
In addition, since his December arrest, Peace has been charged with several counts of sexual assault against seven victims, spanning a 13-year period. Bail has been set for $3.4M.
The second man, Brian Walter Osborn (42) has been charged with two counts of accessory after the fact in the deaths of Giles and Cabrales Arzola.
The third man, Michael Ansbach, was not mentioned in this round of charges.
The History Behind the Case
The heartbreaking deaths of Giles and Cabrales-Arzola has left almost as many questions as answers.
CELEB reported on the deaths last year, and here's what we know about the case:
- Cillers was in San Francisco at the time of his wife’s death. The two shared phone locations for safety.
- On Friday November 12, Giles went out partying with two friends, including Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola.
- Saturday night around 5 PM, around 12 hours after she was last heard from, Giles’ body was found dumped in front of Southern California Hospital in Culver City.
- Giles was pronounced dead at the time she was discovered.
- Cabrales Arzola was left at another hospital, two hours later – barely clinging to life. She was in a coma with no brain activity and [died shortly after].
- The third friend left early and made it home safely.
- Giles’ husband, Cillers, says there’s video evidence showing masked men dumping his wife’s body from a car with removed license plates.
- Cabrales Arzola’s toxicology report has returned showing large amounts of heroin in their system.
- Cillers is crying foul, claiming that neither woman would do heroin willingly.
It has been a gut-wrenching 8 months as the families of Giles and Cabrales Arzola search desperately for some sense out of the tragedy.
Charging Pearce and Osborn won't provide any answers right now - but it's a step towards justice.
Unfortunately, justice is small comfort for the loved ones of two women whose lives were taken from them horribly, far too young - and by stone-cold murderers who showed callous disregard for the worth of their existence.