Ever since news broke that Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian were engaged, the world has awaited the next lavish Kardashian wedding. Known for their over-the-top ceremonies and events, the Kardashian family knows how to make a to-do about big life milestones. So it came as somewhat of a surprise - if a romantic twist - when it was revealed that Barker and Kardashian have tied the knot this week, in a surprise Las Vegas chapel wedding.
Surprise - Travis and Kourtney are Married!
Surprise! Barker and Kardashian aren't engaged anymore, but it's not because they broke up. The pair took advantage of being in Las Vegas for the Grammys to find a quiet place to tie the knot, a small Vegas chapel called One Love Wedding Chapel.
The couple went to the chapel at 1:30AM early Monday morning, a few hours after Barker got off stage at the Grammys ceremony. The now-married couple brought their own photographer, eschewing the venue's on-site photog.
TMZ reports, ""Sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ... they had a marriage license and presented it to the chapel's owner, who was also a witness.
We're told it was important to them that an Elvis impersonator officiate the wedding ... so Elvis pronounced them man and wife.
Our sources say this will not be the only ceremony to mark the couple's commitment. We're told there will be 'several' other celebrations, with lots of fanfare."
A midnight wedding overseen by "Elvis"? It doesn't scream Kardashian, but it sounds like fun.
A Look Back at Their Relationship
Barker and Kardashian have been making headlines together for years, long before they made it official. Here's a look back at some highlights from their relationship:
- 2015: Barker admits to having a crush on Kourtney's sister Kim Kardashian (awkward). He also says that he and Kourtney would get together sometimes for lunch as flirty friends, since they live close to one another in Calabasas, but that nothing developed officially (yet).
- 2017: In an interview, Barker's daughter shares that they recently had dinner with the Kardashians and it becomes clear the families are getting closer.
- 2018: Are they, or aren't they? Barker and Kardashian are photographed having dinner together, and dating rumors fly. They're also photographed attending church at Hillsong together.
- 2019: They're seen out together in Malibu.
- 2021: The pair trades flirty comments on social media and dating rumors hit overdrive. Shortly after that, they shared pics together at Kris Jenner's Palm Springs vacation home.
And in late January 2021, US Weekly reports, "Us confirmed that Kourtney and Barker are 'officially a couple' and 'have been dating for a couple months.' The musician is very smitten with Kourtney and has been for a while,' the insider added."
In February of 2021, they shared pictures on social media of their first Valentine's Day together, making it adorably Instagram official with a pic of them holding hands in the car.
Over the past year, the two have been photographed everywhere together. Not only are they adorable and look like they belong together, but they're also affectionate and glowing when they're together. The past year has been marked by shows of affection both large and small, from sending bouquets of flowers and grand gestures to sweet little love notes and wearing each other's bands to show support.
They share 5 children between them from previous relationships and have recently opened up about the challenges of trying to conceive again. On the Kardashian family's new show, The Kardashians on Hulu, it was revealed through teasers that the pair has been going through the wringer trying to get pregnant, turning to IVF which has essentially left Kardashian experiencing menopause symptoms.
Barker proposed in late 2021, and now they've taken it to the next level. It's a sweet storybook romance, and the charming "can't wait" Vegas wedding makes it that much sweeter. However, we still hope they have a lavish ceremony - is a Kardashian even really married without one?