Mother's Day weekend has arrived. If you have a mother who deserves the world - but you kinda forget to get a present (it happens to us all) - you're in luck.
We've gathered a list of the best places to take mom for a quick weekend getaway in various places around the United States. So wherever you are in the US, you're just a few clicks away and a reasonable drive from booking the vacation your mom will remember forever.
New York - The Mark Hotel, Upper East Side Gem
Let's start with the Big Apple. When you think New York City you might think fashion, Broadway, and all the finger things that city life has to offer.
In the spirit of the high-life, there's one hotel that stands above industry peers as the place to go for an elegant getaway: The Mark Hotel, in the Upper East Side.
The Mark is a luxury 5-star destination close to everything you want to do in New York City. CELEB took a look last month when they announced that the world-class caviar brand Caviar Kaspia was opening a restaurant in the heart of The Mark.
"The rooms at The Mark Hotel range in variety from a Madison Queen up to a Seventy-Seven King. Suites start at the 700sqft Courtyard Junior Suite up to the massive 10,000sqft Mark Penthouse.
The color palette throughout the hotel embraces soothing creams, golds, and dark woods for an elegant feel with luxury finishes. Pops of color like jewel tone purples and yellows add whimsy and statement pieces.
Located in New York City's Upper East Side, the hotel's atmosphere was lovingly crafted by designer Jacques Grange. Grange was a stickler for detail and crafted the feel of the hotel from the smallest piece to the overall vibe.
While staying at The Mark Hotel, guests can indulge in The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges, or the famous Mark Bar.
A stay at The Mark Hotel is more than just a pass-through or a place to unwind; it's an elevated destination with elegance, luxury, and the finer things in life at its core. The addition of Caviar Kaspia turns the hotel into a day spot for New Yorkers and visitors to the city who love the world's best caviar, and who want to be pampered while eating."
For more information or to book your stay for mom, visit the website.
Chicago - The Blackstone Hotel; Elegance, Class, Convenience
Chicago is a city with a completely different vibe. Although it offers the same high-life experiences as New York City (minus Broadway), it's a city that feels more accessible and down to earth.
But if you want mom to feel special, there's no place better to book than The Blackstone Hotel.
Vacation Idea writes, "Located on Chicago’s Cultural Mile, The Blackstone is one of Chicago’s iconic downtown hotels and occupies a beautiful, ornate 1910 beaux arts building. Across the street is Grant Park, while the natural history exhibits at the Field Museum are less than a mile away, as is the Willis Tower. The rooms and suites are elegant and sophisticated, many have views of Lake Michigan, and all have iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi, coffeemakers, and minifridges. Club rooms include access to a lounge, free continental breakfast, and various snacks. Suites also have living spaces and/or fireplaces. A modern Spanish restaurant offers gourmet meals, and the hotel also has a coffee shop, a lobby lounge, a business center, an exercise room, and nine meeting rooms."
For more information on this historic and elegant destination, visit the website.
Florida - Little Palm Island Resort is the United States' Only Private Island Resort
Maybe mom is a lover of the tropical vacation. There's one place in the United States where you can go to enjoy a Balinese- or Maldives-style private island resort, and that's Little Palm Island Resort off the coast of Florida.
Located just off the Florida Keys at the southernmost tip of the state, Little Palm is inspired by Balinese charm and British West Indies design.
Guests arrive by boat or seaplant to the old world-style destination, and walk into the private luxury bungalows that look straight out of an Ethan Allen magazine spread.
Soft neutral earth tones and forest shades are complimented by mid-tone wood and doors and windows everywhere - to let in that famous Florida salt breeze.
Each guest accommodation feels like its own private resort, with fully accessible services and a fresh seafood dining menu to delight.
Most importantly, the Little Palm Spa is a perfect place to plan for mom to unwind - and get pampered like the queen she is.
Texas - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines is a Storybook Getaway
Deep in the heart of Texas is the kind of all-inclusive resort getaway mom's been not-so-subtly hinting at wanting for years.
CELEB explored this charming Weekend Getaway you won't want to miss; "When you arrive at Hyatt Lost Pines, the first thing will strike you is its character. Stretching 405 acres alongside the Colorado River in Austin Hill Country, the Lost Pines Resort looks like a combination between a manor house and a lodge. The exterior atmosphere is rugged stone, sprawling balconies and a classic air – combined with the natural beauty of Texas.
Each room or suite in the hotel has a unique feel, with a contemporary lodge vibe. The color palette throughout the hotel is earthy browns, dark wood, and touches of natural blues and whites to capture the essence of the riverside resort.
Also available as an accommodation at the resort is the Litton House, a 2,600-square-foot cottage with two bedrooms. With soaring ceilings, exposed beams, a view of the golf course and room for 8, this is the perfect place to take your family for an exclusive getaway."
Amenities for guests include:
- "Renegade Trailhead: Saddle up and head over to the ranch for some outdoor delights. Ride the trails, pop the kids up on a pony ride, or enjoy archery, fishing, and more.
- Mascots: It’s longhorn country, right? So guests should take some time to get to know the mascot animals you’ll find around the property, including the famed longhorns, alpacas, goats and miniature horses.
- Spa Django: In the wilderness at Lost Pines, Spa Django gazes out over a serene pond. Customizable packages that span 18 rooms offer guests treatments that include hot tubs, steam rooms, an adults-only pool and a variety of traditional and modern massages and services.
- Wolfdancer Golf Club: We mentioned the view from the Litton House before, and there’s an 18-hole golf course for guests to enjoy while there. In addition, a 13-acre practice facility gives rookie golfers or those looking to polish their swing a place to perfect the art form.
- And guests can enjoy dining at any of 5 amazing options: Shellers Barrelhouse Bar, which offers casual Texas fare and craft microbrews; McDade’s Coffee Emporium and Ice Cream Saloon, for an old fashioned general store-meets-ice-cream feel; Firewheel Cafe, an all-day Southern cuisine delight; Scribes Club, which offers light bites, craft cocktails, and a gentleman’s club atmosphere for those looking for a little quiet – but don’t worry, everyone is welcome here; and Old Buck’s Place, with poolside cocktails, local craft beer and light bites.
- Speaking of that pool, the pool experience at Lost Pines is something else. With a waterpark-type experience, guests can float on the lazy river, go for a plunge in the massive pool or ride the waterslides; it’s the perfect place to escape the Texas heat."
For more information or to make mom's year, visit the website.
California - at Estancia La Jolla, Feel Like a Star
If you're on the West Coast and looking to give mom that special trip she won't forget, Estancia La Jolla is right up your alley.
Just northwest of San Diego, California, the little town of La Jolla plays host to Estancia La Jolla, an all-inclusive resort that will charm you from the moment you arrive.
From the terra-cotta brick-lined private drive to the perfectly manicured property and everything in between, it's a visual smorgasbord from start to finish.
The man building is designed in a hacienda-style accommodation surrounding a central garden, with the interior design boasting golds and soft neutrals for the perfect pampering stay.
Enjoy local flavor with the West Coast cuisine or let go of your cares at the Spa - at Estancia La Jolla you'll feel like the only one staying, just don't forget to take mom with you on your adventures.
If you haven't found the right place for mom yet, consider checking out our Weekend Getaway or Room Number series - we do the research so you won't have to, and you can be sure that you're taking mom somewhere special.
To all the mothers - whatever your stage in the journey of motherhood - Happy Mother's Day from CELEB.