UPDATE: Make Reum For Love: Paris Hilton and Carter Tie the Knot
As a socialite and heiress to one of the greatest American fortunes, you expect Paris Hilton to be a little
As a socialite and heiress to one of the greatest American fortunes, you expect Paris Hilton to be a little busy. When she’s not fighting in Congress to protect vulnerable kids, she’s off creating virtual wonderlands on Roblox. And now, she’s becoming a Mrs. The closest thing we have to American royalty, Hilton’s wedding is being met with anticipation and joy: a reason to celebrate in an otherwise dark and difficult year. That’s right, Hilton will be marrying sweetheart Carter Reum in just 24 hours, and we’re bringing you the details. Let the wedding watch begin!
Paris is Married!
In a relatively intimate ceremony – with just a few hundred of her closest friends – Paris and Carter tied the knot on Thursday at her late grandfather’s Bel-Air estate. The ceremony venue was in flux right up until the last day, but ultimately they went for sentimentality, eschewing a pricey and less meaningful public venue.
Although Hilton hasn’t publicly shared full images of the dress, pictures online give a beautiful glimpse at the gown. Somewhat reminiscent of sister Nicky’s floral lace-and-satin gown from her wedding, Paris chose a beautiful floral lace number in sparkling white. Unlike Nicky’s dress which was opaque from the bodice down, Paris’s gown – featured as one of the options in her Paris in Love docuseries – continued the sheer illusion throughout the piece, making it classic, elegant, playful, and just a bit sultry; everything Paris embodies.
Celebrities and professional peers turned out by the handful and the ceremony driveway looked like a red carpet event, with Paula Abdul, Rachel Zoe, Emma Roberts, Evan Ross, Bebe Rexha, Kyle Richards, Kim Kardashian, Stacey Bendet and more all looking gorgeous and understated but excited.
Tonight there will be a carnival on the pier, and Saturday is a black tie soiree before the happy couple heads off to their honeymoon. It was the royal affair America wanted, and Paris looked radiant.
The big day is almost here: Hilton and Reum will be tying the knot. So what can excited fans expect for this American royal? Well, because it’s Paris Hilton, you know it’s going to be big. Three days of big, to be precise. Streaming service Peacock will be airing a 13-part docuseries detailing the nitty gritty on how this massive wedding extravaganza came together, with Paris in Love premiering November 11.
But in the meantime, we’re getting hyped for the big day and like everyone wondered what that would look like. Hilton scale is already larger than life, so the heiress getting hitched? It’s gonna be huge.
Here are some key details from the big weekend:
- November 11th – the day the docuseries premieres, and the day it all goes down. 11/11 is an auspicious anniversary date.
- They’ll be tying the knot at the Hilton patriarch’s Bel-Air estate, and the reception will occur at the same venue.
- Hilton will be wearing a total of 11 wedding gowns, going along with that 11/11 theme.
- Sister Nicky will be the maid of honor.
- The guest list will be the expected who’s who of Hollywood, and may include the Kardashians.
- Hilton is registered for the wedding at Greary’s Beverly Hills, but this one surprised us – the registry only contains around $60K worth of items. That seems like chump change, but maybe Hilton wanted people focusing on the fun and not the presents.
- No details about what the wedding band set will look like yet, but we’re eagerly awaiting this reveal.
With three days of revelry and celebration, it’s fair to say that the Hilton/Reum wedding party will get to do it all. There will be some dancing, drinking, and general merriment. If you’ve ever hated attending a wedding before, it’s probably because you haven’t been invited to a Hilton wedding. This will be one for the record books, most certainly.
The Relationship So Far
View this post on Instagram
As we count down the hours – and minutes – to vow time, let’s take a look back at the path of love that brought these two to the big day.
- November 2019: The destined-for-marriage couple began dating at the end of 2019, and it was fireworks from the start. But they kept it under wraps and enjoyed almost three whole months of quiet bliss before the public got wind.
- January 2020: People began noticing their relationship, and the couple came out together publicly.
- April 2020: Of course, nothing is real until it’s Instagram official and April marked the first time they made it real on the picture platform.
- February 2021: The couple got engaged and Paris stole everyone’s hearts by sharing this caption on Instagram, “When you find your soulmate, you don’t just know it. You feel it. My love & I have been together since our first date, and for my birthday, he arranged a special trip to tropical paradise. ️ As we walked to dinner along the beach, Carter led us to a cabana adorned with flowers and dropped to one knee. I said yes, yes to forever ❤️ There’s no one I’d rather spend forever with.”
While Hilton has had public relationships before, it’s clear that what she has with Reum is something special and different.
So now that we’re up to speed, what’s next? The big day starts tomorrow, 11/11, and we can’t wait to see Hilton’s dream come to life. With 11 wedding gowns and all the money at the Hiltons’ disposal, it’s going to be a grand and royal affair.
It’s been a trying year for everyone, including Hilton who has spoken before Congress to try to get them to enact new legislation protecting children from what she considers to be predatory “last chance” schools for trouble teens. People have seen a different, more vulnerable side of the Hilton heiress this year, so approaching her wedding is a time of exceptional joy. It’s a relief to see the socialite, who has dealt with a lot in her life, find joy and maybe her happily ever after. Hilton may be wealthy beyond imagination, but it didn’t insulate her from a troubled childhood and trauma. This is exactly the fairy book wedding fans hoped she’d have – and we can’t wait to see it take flight tomorrow.