Real Housewives Of Dallas Season 5- Shortened Lackluster Season Chock-Full Of Themed Parties
While it’s been a while since we saw The Real Housewives of Dallas on our screens, they are gearing up
While it’s been a while since we saw The Real Housewives of Dallas on our screens, they are gearing up for their fifth season, which CELEB learned recently wrapped. While a new season of Housewives is always exciting, Leeanne Locken departed the series after the fourth season. While it’s not uncommon for Housewives to be changed, every season of the show thus far has had drama surrounding Locken and featured Locken front-and-center. With Locken no longer being part of the franchise, many fans have wondered what the show will look like without Locken being a part of it. CELEB recently spoke to a production insider who spilled some details on the new season.
Short and Thematic
As fans remember, the first season of The Real Housewives of Dallas was relatively short for a Housewives show. It featured 10 episodes and only a one-part reunion. The season centered around drama involving charity, and many fans of the Housewives complained that it was somewhat boring. When season two came around, though, drama between the women picked up and the show gained some traction.
The last season- the show’s fourth- featured 15 episodes and a two-part reunion. The production insider CELEB spoke with informed us that fans can expect the fifth season season to be shorter.
“The season has been cut to only 12 episodes, making it basically as short as the first season,” CELEB’s insider stated.
They went on to explain that the shortened season is due to it being a bit underwhelming, noting that “The season is a bit boring/lackluster compared to the past few seasons.”
CELEB’s source went on to reveal that there will be a lot of storylines centered around thematic parties, specifically stating that “Every party the women go to has a theme.”
“t’s almost akin to how charity was the focal point of season 1,” they continued sharing. “Now themed outfits and themed parties is the focus of the current season- and hopefully that resonates with fans.”
So what Texas-sized drama can fans expect to find in the newest season of the show?
“As far as drama,” CELEB’s insider went on to note, “there is a new cast member that Brandi has issues with, but that’s all that’s been buzzed about for now.”
CELEB’s source wrapped with saying that “Hopefully with editing, Bravo will still make a good- albeit short- season, but the initial buzz has been lukewarm.”
To note, the season was taped during the coronavirus pandemic and, while that could be a plausible explanation for it being shortened, CELEB’s insider specifically stated that “If there was drama going on that was captivating, the season still would’ve kept taping and been extended, as they were already taping during the pandemic anyway.”
More Housewives Drama
Aside from The Real Housewives of Dallas, there has been a lot of other drama surrounding the Housewives world over the past few weeks. These moments have included:
- Real Housewives of New York City star Dorinda Medley announcing that she was leaving the series. As CELEB reported, Medley was let go and Bravo even suggested she go to rehab, which she decided not to do.
- Rumors regarding Real Housewives of New York City star Leah McSweeney holding out for a pay raise and the show beginning to film without her. Thus, at this time, it is unknown if McSweeney will return for another season of the show.
- Real Housewives Of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice finalizing her divorce to Joe and deciding to list the home they shared.
- The Denise Richards/Brandi Glanville drama coming to a close during the final part of the reunion last night. Richards still is alleging nothing happened, while Glanville has held steadfast to her claims that something did.
- A scandal on The Real Housewives of Potomac involving Ashley Darby’s husband, Michael, being seen in a strip club and allegedly saying he had a “wife and a boyfriend.” Photos of Michael in a hotel room in his underwear also were leaked.
Looking To The Future
As far as the future for The Real Housewives, it has been announced that The Real Housewives of Orange County will return Wednesday, October 7th and The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City will premiere Wednesday, November 11th. A premiere date for The Real Housewives of Dallas has not been announced, but we’re sure it will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
Denise Richards & Brandi Glanville- EVEN MORE ‘Sexy’ Texts and Details Revealed
Denise Richards Leaving RHOBH- Exclusive Details
Kyle Richards Teases Kris Jenner’s Potential Addition to RHOBH After KUWTK Shocker