Romain Zago Brings Miami Beach to Los Angeles with Hot New Supper Club MainRo
It's a futuristic venue with the feel of Miami Beach's world-class nightlife scene: MainRo. As Los Angeles' hottest new supper
It's a futuristic venue with the feel of Miami Beach's world-class nightlife scene: MainRo. As Los Angeles' hottest new supper club, MainRo is a blend of all things perfect about a night on the town, with the industry-leading fine dining and entertainment that makes an unforgettable evening. On the corner of Ivar & Hollywood Blvd., MainRo is perfectly placed to become the premiere place to dine out in Los Angeles, and the group bringing it to life is ready for guests to come and be wowed by this modern and playful interpretation of Moulin Rouge. MainRo opened its doors in February, and it's been a sparkling new hot spot ever since.
MainRo Opens in Los Angeles
It's the past meets the future in Los Angeles' newest supper club. Built in what was once Beso, MainRo encompasses a 7,500 contemporary space crafted carefully with an attention to detail. Whether you're there to dine or be entertained, strolling into the main venue space at MainRo feels like walking into a luxury space yacht. With an artfully-crafted barrel feel to the walls and ceiling, the main space is a futuristic homage to sultry, elegant, customer-first service. At the far end is a split double staircase arching up on either side of an entertainment space.
LED wall panels, suspended panels from the ceiling and state-of-the-art lighting turns it into a multi-function space that can feel like fire, water, space, or anything you can dream up. Diners can sit and admire the projected moon and stars, or turn it up and feel the heat with projected flames. The MainRo team shares their entertainment promise in a statement; "Take in the sights of the draped hues of blue representing a droplet of water which takes a focal point on the supper clubs’ walls as design inspiration. The sprawling space is adorned with 16 triangle-shaped chandeliers outfitted with ultra 4K digital mapped screens that move independently throughout the evening. Luxurious blue velvet booths and lounge seating embellish the supper club’s furnishing tying into the club's artistic brainwave. Electronic dining tables decorate the space and quickly transition from dining to nightlife with just a touch. The walls of MainRo are accented with reflective paneling housing ultra 4K screens to create an awe-inspiring, fully immersive state of the art lighting and visuals paired with world-class dining and entertainment. The stage at MainRo takes front and center as Zago’s masterpiece. A dual ornate staircase outfitted with the ultra 4K screens on every step illuminate the work-of-art that will have Las Vegas resident DJs flocking to Los Angeles to spin."
The concept may be a play on the past, but the experience is a technologically immersive multi-sensory night you won't soon forget. Romain Zago, founder of MainRo, shares in a statement, "We are creating a modern and technological version of the Moulin Rouge, but the difference here at MainRo is you are the star and the show is happening in front, behind and may even be on top of you." Zago dreamed up MainRo along with partner Michael K., and brought it to life with the artistic interpretation of Italian architect Gianni Ranaulo.
Dining and Cocktails at MainRo
Of course a Supper Club must have fine food and cocktails. The culinary concept at MainRo is a blend of modern mixed with traditional, locally-sourced ingredients and premium imported meats. Here are some of the menu highlights and hints:
- The menu blends French, Japanese and Vietnamese flavors for a delightful smorgasbord of senses-indulging flavors.
- The menu operates on a shared-plate philosophy, offering a variety of starters, caviar, platters, soups, sushi, entrees, prime steaks, Japanese Wagyu and vegetarian dishes.
- Zago has specially marked his favorite dishes, which include crispy rice caviar, creamy rock shrimp, hamachi jalapeno, truffle wagyu bites, Colorado lamb rack and hot stone wagyu beef.
- If that doesn't have your mouth watering enough yet, other menu items surely will including: a day-aged 36 oz. bone-in tomahawk steak with homemade sauces, sea bass den miso, a pan-seared Chilean sea bass with caramelized miso sauce, and a Wagyu beef carpaccio served with thinly sliced sashimi beef.
- Seating for dinner will be available from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. followed another dinner and entertainment from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.
And cocktails are another feature of MainRo's delights:
- B. Bardot: Like its namesake, the B. Bardot cocktail is bubbly, and the MainRo team describes it in a statement as, "Strong, powerful and elegant like Bardot, this cocktail pairs Empress Gin, clarified lemon and crème de violette, sage and topped with champagne."
- The Tea: MainRo's team describes it as, "an approachable libation mixed Earl Grey infused Belvedere Vodka, lemon pear, honey, egg white and caraway served in a martini glass."
- MainRo: This cocktail, named after the venue, "perfectly blends Hennessy XO, Clase Azul Reposado, passion fruit, pernod, dulce de coco leche and lime."
While dining or sipping, guests can expect a night of entertainment unlike anything else. The entertainment offered includes a blend of live musical acts and performances along with a think interactive dance party with musical arrangements and DJs.
East Meets West – Miami and LA Once Again Embrace
MainRo's opening is just the newest example of the East and West Coasts bringing together the best they have to offer. Miami Beach is becoming a blend of Los Angeles and Las Vegas, while Los Angeles is embracing some of the Southeast's laid-back atmosphere and diverse and electrified nightlife vibe.
Hospitality giants like Zago crossing the continent to blend what they know with a new venue shows just how small the world has become as cross-country flight prices drop and people find it much easier to hop across the states for a weekend of fun.
With MainRo, guests can expect to feel like they've rocketed into the future, embraced by the sultry whimsy of the past.
For more information or to plan your evening at MainRo, visit the website.