When people think of the holidays, they often think of New York City. With picturesque shops decorated to the nines and a variety of holiday fun options to choose from, it’s the perfect place to spend the Winter, basking in the twinkling lights and atmosphere. But New York City is an ideal place to visit all year, so even if your holiday plans don’t include a trip to the Big Apple, you’ll find the city ready to welcome you year round. While there, consider one hotel you can’t miss: the Equinox Hotel. With top of the industry luxury and breathtaking views over the city, the Equinox is the ideal New York City destination.
The Penthouse Suite
And when staying at the Equinox, there’s no better room to book than the Penthouse Suite. It’s the perfect city experience and offers two options; a 1,500 square foot one bedroom or expandable to a 2,000 square foot two bedroom stay. The decor is soothing and lux, in creams and beiges with pops of jewel tone blues and rich dark woods. The design is modern but with just a touch of classic, making it an inviting and relaxing place to stay, but you may not be able to peel your eyes away from the breathtaking view.
The room is fully-integrated, with an in suite tablet used to handle all of your stay needs, from contacting the front desk to controlling in room features. The bathroom is a spa-grade experience all on its own, with earth tone marble and an oversized spa bathtub to wash away the city before you sleep. When you lay your head down at night, you can do so to the ambience of your own fireplace, or roll over and watch the city twinkle as sleep comes.
The suite includes a full dining and living space, and offers all of the hotel’s luxury amenities delivered to your door. The suite runs around $9,000 to $10,000 a night depending on options, and if you’re thinking of booking a stay act soon; it’s a popular booking. Visit the website for more information.
Room with a View
If you’re thinking of a room maybe a little more on the affordable side but still just as luxurious, the Equinox offers plenty of other options. Rooms start at around $700 a night and offer a choice between city views, river views, vessel views or a jaw-dropping skyline view. The decor is comforting beiges and dark wood, making guests feel surrounded by luxury design.
While it’s hard to look away from the city skyline views, the vessel view is another one we recommend considering. The Equinox sits in Hudson Yards, an imaginative building development designed to meet the needs of a growing and future NYC population. Situated at the heart of Hudson Yards is something known as the Vessel – an art installation of flowing lines and sparkling lights. It’s a captivating contemporary art display, and sure to delight guests with an eye for whimsy.
Equinox includes a full spa with rotating experiences to keep everyone happy and feeling relaxed. And if you’re looking to dine on property, several options tempt your tastebuds:
- Electric Lemon: A season American restaurant that works closely with Mid-Atlantic growers and artisans to craft dishes that are familiar but with an upscale twist. The restaurants design mimics the rest of the hotel; with creams, beiges, and dark wood easing the mind’s cares.
- The Electric Lemon also offers a Rooftop Terrace dining experience, complete with a monumental Jaume Plensa sculpture.
- And if you’re looking for something a bit more jazzy, the Electric Lemon offers a lounge. Enjoy some of the restaurants delectable bites with any of the choice offerings of the bars, all while taking in the unbeatable views the hotel boasts on all sides.
- Private and in-suite dining options are also available.
If it’s luxury you seek, you’ll find it at Equinox Hotel in the Hudson Yards.
NYC is the Perfect Holiday Locale
If you’re planning your stay soon, you may be dreaming of holiday lights and ridiculously large Christmas trees. Here are several things you won’t want to miss if your stay at Equinox coincides with Christmas:
- Bryant Park Winter Village: The biggest Christmas market in the city, Bryant also has an adjacent skating rink for wintry fun.
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree: The most iconic holiday symbol in the Big Apple, you won’t want to miss stopping by to see this massive annual tradition.
- Christmas Lights in NYC: Whether you’re taking a cab ride around the city and seeing all the festive window decorations, or driving out to a more-distant borough to enjoy some beautifully decorated homes, NYC has light displays on every scale.
- Christmas Shows: The city that never sleeps offers an endless number of theater shows, if sitting and watching is more your style.
And one thing you certainly won’t want to miss at Equinox is the Broadway Under the Stars, performances right outside your door in Hudson Yards. These special performances come to Hudson Yards yearly to delight residents and guests, and they’re free to attend. So book your stay at Equinox, then hop over to one of the Broadway performances; it’s the perfect place to be as this year winds to a close.