Selling Sunset’s Strause, Young, Others Respond to Chrissy Teigen Diss
Chrissy Teigen recently picked a little fight with Selling Sunset stars. On Twitter, the 34-year-old model suggested that she had
Chrissy Teigen recently picked a little fight with Selling Sunset stars. On Twitter, the 34-year-old model suggested that she had never heard of the stars of the show, despite her extensive experience searching for real estate in Los Angeles. Several of the stars spoke out in response.
How did it all start between Tiegen and the Selling Sunset cast?
Apparently, it all started when Teigen picked up her remote and came late to the Selling Sunset party. With the show already in it’s third season, Teigen acknowledges that she’s slow to join the fandom and said on Twitter, “I just watched all of Selling Sunset after watching everyone talk about it for so long!” In the same Tweet, however, the model went on to add, “I don’t even think anyone on it is as mean or insane as you guys said? Maybe I’m just so used to it because I live here? This is pretty normal lol some are actually really nice.”
From there, Teigen added, “Maybe I also know everyone on tv plays up a character. They’re all doing that. You guys are … super mad at people who are in on the joke.” To which one of the stars of the show, Christine Quinn, cryptically responded with a, “100,” emoji often used to represent, “100%.”
The 34-year-old model went on to say, “I will say, I look at LA real estate a lot and have never seen any of these people lol either [sic] have our agents, who I have obsessively asked.”
Fans exploded in comments to the tweets with conspiracy theories of their own, calling into question the legitimacy of the credentials of the real estate agents featured in the show. Among the responses was none other than Sunset star Jason Oppenheimer, who politely clapped back, “Chrissy, thanks for watching our show! Regarding your agent’s knowledge of members of my team, I respectfully don’t know him either although that doesn’t mean he isn’t successful and didn’t just sell you a stunning home in Weho (seriously, I love your new house).”
The Selling Sunset stars speak out
- Mary Vander: “‘I know she was looking in West Hollywood and recently purchased a property down the street from an Oppenheim Group listing,’ she told Us. ‘If she’s looking for a home in Miami anytime soon, she can always shoot me an email. Super excited she loves the show!’”
- Davina Portaz: “‘It’s refreshing to have somebody with a platform like Chrissy Teigen acknowledge we’re real people with real lives despite being on TV,’ the star told Us in a statement. ‘So cool to see she’s watching our show!’”
- Chrishell Strause: “The former soap star made a point to say she just booked a new listing on Wednesday after Teigen’s tweets went viral. ‘Staging starts tomorrow, hits the market Monday. I’m really a real realtor — LOL!’ she wrote via Instagram Stories.”
Heather Rae Young: “‘We are a boutique agency,’ Young explained to Access Hollywood. ‘But she has seen the show. She obviously has heard of us at this point so, I don’t know where she’s being hiding under a rock. We all are very active real estate agents and we are very, very busy at the moment.’”
- Romain Bonnet: “Fitzgerald’s husband said that there is no truth to speculation that the women aren’t licensed realtors.’Heather has her license. Maya works in Miami, she has a license. Amanza … when she got her license, she celebrated with us. Mary has it,’ Bonnet said on “The Gay and the Girl” podcast. ‘Heather, I believe, she closed a deal not long ago. I don’t talk to Christine. But, Heather I believe … when they bought their house they are living in right now, she closed the deal.’”
Maya Vander:“‘I’ve been flying back and forth to Miami a lot lately, and the times I’ve been in L.A. I’ve been working on a listing in The Valley,’ Vander, who recently teased she is hoping for a South Beach spinoff, told Us. ‘I know she was looking in West Hollywood and recently purchased a property down the street from an Oppenheim Group listing. If she’s looking for a home in Miami anytime soon, she can always shoot me an email. Super excited she loves the show!’”
Season 3 is a wild ride
This isn’t the first hint of drama for season 3. From allegations of infidelity and abuse as one marriage crumbled, to tension and mistrust between Fitzgerald and co-stars Quinn and Bonnet, the season is full of upheaval for the cast.
Teigen is involved in her own real estate deal at the moment
As a twist of irony amidst all the discussion about L.A. real estate, Teigen and husband John Legend are currently selling their own Beverly Hills home, listed for a cool $24 million. The home boasts the following luxury features:
- Intricate patterned ceiling from Thailand
- Oak floors
- Steel-rolled walls
- Designer chef kitchen with custom appliances and eat-in island
- Soundproofed cinema room
- Home gym
- Huge master suite with unique concrete and brass fireplace, and his and her closets
- Smart Home connectivity
- Plunge pool with attached spa
Teigen and Legend originally bought the property from Rihanna in 2015 for $14 million.