South Beach Wine & Food Festival Takes Over Miami This Weekend
Every year for over two decades, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF) has taken over Miami – bringing
Every year for over two decades, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF) has taken over Miami – bringing a foodie wonderland to South Florida. This year, the festival is back again and better than ever. From fine wines, cocktail showdowns, delectable bites, showcases and more – it’s the perfect place to taste a little bit of the world in one of the world’s favorite party beach locales. This year’s festival runs February 24-27, and Miami’s weather this week is as beautiful as it gets. OceanDrive organized a preview of the festival, so if you’re ready to plan your days at SOBEWFF, here’s a look at what to expect.
Thursday Events – Kicking Things Off Right
It all starts Thursday, February 24. And these are the big three you won’t want to miss for this year’s first day:
- Don’t panic, this IS Flavortown: Rumors have been flying for the past few months and SOBEWFF finally put them to rest: it’s true, Guy Fieri is coming to town. It all starts with Diners, Drive-ins and Dives LIVE. Fieri will be back throughout the festival for Guy Fieri’s Late Night After Party, a tribute dinner for Fieri, Bill & Peter Deutsch, and more.
- Steak and Whiskey: TV chef superstar Michael Symon is hosting an evening that combines two of America’s favorites: steak and whiskey. Hosted by Outfront Media, this event pairs the perfect spirits with a perfectly cooked slice of meat heaven.
- Asian Night Market. Food Network’s reigning Asian-fusion king Jet Tila helms this event, which gathers some of the finest Asian cuisine in the country.
- Happy Hour: Technically the whole weekend is happy hour, but you won’t want to miss the Calirosa Tequila Sunset Happy Hour on Thursday. Chill with Behati Prinsloo and husband, Maroon 5’s Adam Levine, as they host an event for their brand tequila. It all starts at 1 Hotel Beach Club.
- Art of Tiki Cocktail Showdown: Enrique Santos hosts this mixologist head-to-head at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel.
Friday Events – More to Enjoy
And on Friday, the excitement continues. Here are some of the day’s highlights you won’t want to miss:
- Food n’ Fashion. Celebrity chef and fashion guru Geoffrey Zakarian hosts a Bal Harbour Shops luncheon complete with a fashion show.
- Burgers: Red Stripe is hosting a Burger Bash. The Burger Bash is a quintessential SOBEWFF tradition and this year’s event is hosted by Rachael Ray and José Andrés. Chefs from around the world bring their best burgers and go head-to-head in this competition where we all win, because – obviously, burgers. Judges include Ahmad Alzahabi, Kalen Allen, Jeff Mauro, Al Roker, Rev Run, Dwyane Wade, Melba Wilson and Coach Mike MacIntyre.
- Casa del Sol Tequila Dinner. This event hosted by Eva Longoria Bastón, Lorena Garcia, Nikki Martin and Jeremy Shelton takes place at the Perez Art Museum Miami. Fine dining and fine art? Yes, please!
- Italy: A Taste of Italy hosted by Anne Burrell gives guests a chance to sample fare from 20 local chefs who present authentic Italian cuisine.
- Smokes and Spirits. On Friday, Cigar Aficionado is hosting an event called Cigars & Spirits so attendees can enjoy homemade cigars, fine bourbon, whiskey and scotches all from their rooftop perch above Kimpton Angler’s Hotel South Beach.
- Best of the Best: Miami’s famed Fontainebleau is hosting Wine Spectator’s Best of the Best, pairing 50 top chefs with 60 highest-rated wines.
Saturday Events – the Party Continues
And on Saturday, more recognizable brands bring it for another day of delights. Here are some of Saturday’s highlights:
- Rock your Rosé’. World-famous brand Chateau D’Esclans is bringing favorites like Whispering Angel, Rock Angel, the Palm and more to W South Beach.
- Goya family fun. The Goya Foods’ Family Fun Fest featuring Kidz Kitchen is a two-day event stretching Saturday and Sunday, bringing together Food Network’s celebrity chefs and a family-friendly outdoor event. Enjoy some interactive cooking demonstrations with some of your favorite dishes up close and personal with your cooking heroes.
- Exploring Chardonnay. Edec Roc Miami Beach hosts a Chalk Hill Winery event that will introduce attendees through winemaking and all the intricacies of creating the perfect vintage.
- Intimate Dinners: Miami’s finest chefs come together to give guests a taste of the world, combining their talents for an unforgettable dining experience.
Sunday – Last but not Least
Sunday may be the last day of the event, but it’s certainly not the least.
- Miami’s favorite chef, Zak the Baker, is hosting a master class for attendees to learn the fine art of breadmaking from start to finish.
- A Carnival! Bacardi Carnival is being hosted by famous chef and tv personality Andrew Zimmern. Zimmern brings his unique personality to this beach-side party.
- A little Southern flavor. Country star Trisha Yearwood hosts a Southern Kitchen Brunch on Sunday with a smorgasbord buffet of Southern-style favorites from Miami’s preeminent chefs.
For more information on the myriad events or to book tickets, visit the SOBEWFF website. The 21st South Beach Wine & Food Festival promises to be the best ever – although they top themselves every year, so excellence is the name of the game. For mouth-watering food, delightful sips and family fun – and a few 18-21+ venues – SOBEWFF can’t be beat.