Strada Eateria + Bar is Downtown Los Angeles’ Finest New Art-Forward Eating Establishment
Los Angeles is filled with cuisine options. Catering to everything from pescatarian and vegan diets to keto and omnivore palettes,
Los Angeles is filled with cuisine options. Catering to everything from pescatarian and vegan diets to keto and omnivore palettes, it's a foodie's playground.
But every now and then, a new venue comes along that stands out from the rest – and brings both an experience and a menu that makes you stop and appreciate the joy of having taste buds.
The recently opened Strada Eateria + Bar in downtown Los Angeles is just such a place, and you'll want to see for yourself what all the buzz is about.
Strada Eateria + Bar Mixes a Theater Soul with World Fare
Strada was dreamed into being by hospitality maven Julian Andrei.
The menu offers a variety of dining options for guests with a variety of palates and embraces a cosmopolitan world fare that combines European and South American flavors with made-to-order dishes.
Executive Chef Naziana Herascu and Andrei have worked together to create a curated menu that offers Spanish-style tapas, wood-fired pizzas, leafy greens, hand-made pastas, fresh seafood and prime meats for every guest's delight.
Some menu highlights include:
- Romanian Toast: perfected by Andrei
- Amsterdam Croquettes: battered and fried beef served on a creamy dijon tomato sauce
- The Mici: a Valarian delicatesse made with sauce made fresh, with open-faced pork and beef sausages, served delicately bathed in a mustard and garlic sauce
- The Nomad Sandwich: a hearty bite that comes layered with pork belly, gypsy bacon, tomato, pickle, chipotle aioli, avocado and cheese on toasted ciabatta bread
- The Embrace Charcuterie Board: The mother of all charcuterie boards, the Embrace comes loaded with a visually-pleasing variety meats and cheeses including Lomo, sobrasada, gypsy bacon, Pamplona, chorizo, fig cake, green onion, olives, Manchego cheese, red wine goat cheese, ciabatta bread, Jamon Serrano, Truffle Manchego and Valdeon blue cheese.
- Gypsy Meadow: a pizza that comes with pork belly, gypsy bacon, cherry tomatoes, pickle and chipotle aioli
- Vegan Ceviche: a garden delight with mango, lime, onion, avocado, tomato, cilantro, chile and charred ciabatta
- Ceviche de Peru: a surf dish with wild Alaskan cod, lime, onion, avocado, tomato, cilantro, virgin oil and chile. Guests can also choose leche de tigre upon request but the menu warns that it's a very spicy addition.
- Wagyu Truffle Ravioli:a land dish with kale, red onion, tomato and truffle Manchego.
To see the full menu, including Happy Hour dishes, breakfast, dinner lunch brunch and late night – visit the website.
Performance, Form and Function
Reaching back into his theater roots, Andrei created Strada with the goal of setting the stage and bringing forth a culinary show for guests each night while seating them before the kind of world-class fare most people have to travel the globe to find.
Strada embodies a contemporary location that draws inspiration from avant-garde theater and street troops, with Venetian plaster walls, Romanian art, and a specially curated unique art installation from Nataša Prosenc Stearns.
Guests will also enjoy an eclectic Jazz Sunday every weekend on the breezy outdoor patio, paying homage to the genre in partnership with KCRW’s Legendary DJ LeRoy Downs.
Whether you're there for the food, music, entertainment or all of the above – Strada won't disappoint. Italian for street, the very name "Strada" embraces the all-welcome, multi-sensory vibe of Los Angeles cuisine.