He’s Back with a Message Just For You: ‘Tinder Swindler’ Joins Cameo
He’s back – the infamous Tinder Swindler has returned to social media, and he’s here for you. Yes, you. Because
He’s back – the infamous Tinder Swindler has returned to social media, and he’s here for you. Yes, you. Because now, fans of the con artist – or dating app mastermind, depending on your perspective – has joined Cameo, which allows users to solicit a video from specific celebrities for a set price. And then those celebrities will make a personalized video just for you. Shimon Hayut, who conned women on Tinder under the name Simon Leviev, has been making waves in Hollywood, suggesting that he wants a professional acting career for weeks now. Is Cameo his first foray into film? You decide.
A Cameo Just For You
Cameo: a unique platform that allows celebrities to connect with their fans on a personal level. The company uses a three step process:
- Find the right celebrity for the right occasion. Do you need a classic romance actor to wow your sweetie? Or maybe a comedian to cheer up a pal? Pick the celebrity who meets your needs.
- Fill out a request form. In the form, you’ll explain what you would like them to do and how. A shout-out for your bestie on her 21st? A congratulations for a big job? They’ve got you covered. Do keep in mind that there are rules, and the celebrities won’t do just anything you ask – but if it’s reasonable, and they’re game, it can be a fun personal connection to a star you admire.
- Swoon. If swooning isn’t your thing, you’re also welcome to laugh, blush, roll your eyes or any reaction that’s appropriate to your own personalized celebrity video. These vids are meant to be kept to yourself or shared as you please.
And now, the world’s most infamous conman will talk directly to you. Hayut is loved by many and hated by more, so it will be interesting to see what his Cameo requests look like. For $200, you can request personal content. For $1,400, you can request business content.
Whether you’re a fan or a critic, we can all agree on something though – at least he’s making his own money this time. To book your own Hayut cameo, visit his Cameo link. It’s worth pointing out that Hayut goes by his con name – Simon Leviev – on Cameo, so maybe some things never change.
Tinder Swindler – A Man with a Mission
One thing that has changed, however, is that Leviev or Hayut, whatever you want to call him, is no longer in the shadows. With Netflix’s The Tinder Swindler documentary uncovering all of his nefarious deeds, the world now knows who he is. Well, as well as anyone can know a person who hides behind an alias and continues to maintain they’ve done nothing wrong after conning several women for around $10million.
Since the documentary came out earlier this month, Hayut has been the center of a firestorm. Some believe that if you can be tricked out of your money so easily, maybe you deserve to be tricked. Others consider him immoral, labeling him a con artist and fraud. The law would seem to agree with the latter interpretation; in 2019, he was arrested for fraud, forgery and theft. But after only 5 months of a 15-month sentence, he was released.
Two of the women he took money from have since launched a GoFundMe, hoping to chip away at the debt he left in his wake.
And while Hayut has left social media and joined Cameo, he also signed on with talent manager Gina Rodriguez of Gitoni, Inc. Hayut claims he wants to host a podcast and dating show, and possibly write a book. Love or hate him, that’s going to be a bestseller.
Hot Criminals That the Internet Can’t Forget
Hayut isn’t the only moral dilemma people of the internet have faced in recent years. For some reason, the world loves a bad boy – or girl. Sometimes, the more we know about the naughty things they’ve gotten up to, the more intrigued we are as seems to be the case with Hayut. Here’s a look back at a few criminals the internet simply can’t forget:
- “Hot Felon:” If you were on the internet in 2014, you probably remember this blue-eyed smolder. Jeremy Meeks went viral for a really weird reason: his mug shot looked like a magazine feature. With a crystal clear gaze, plumped lips – let’s just ignore that teardrop tattoo – Meeks was an instant internet phenomenon. Now, he’s a model. Apparently, crime does pay.
- Mom of 6: And back in the Stone Age days of the internet – 2010 – Meagan Renea McCollough stole the internet’s heart. With a perfectly proportioned face and frank gaze, this reckless driving criminal had one more surprise up her sleeve to wow her admirers: she’s a mom of 6!
- Serial criminal: This hot criminal has been arrested more than 9 times since she first went viral in 2010. Sara Jean Isbister looks like a model in a Vogue shoot showing off some makeup, not a repeat felon who’s been arrested for failure to appear in court and narcotics possession charges among other reasons.
It’s clear that a criminal past doesn’t deter the internet from getting thirsty over a pretty pair of eyes. Will Hayut’s career take off now that he’s back and looking to get famous for a less nefarious reason? Time will tell, but in the meantime: all eyes are on the Tinder Swindler.