After the claustrophobic feeling of 2020, 2021 saw more people than ever back on the road looking for getaways. But people are getting creative to stay safe. The vacation rental industry is booming and is expected to grow in 2022 – due to people’s desires to get away privately and safely, but far from their day-to-day cares.
A 2021 report by Vacasa looked at the travel trends and habits of vacationers, and compiled these interesting tidbits:
- “Family travel remains a popular choice, with 31% of guests who search by home size seeking out two-bedroom homes.
- Homes that host an even number of guests are preferred to those with odd-numbered accommodations. The most popular searches are for homes that accommodate two adults (38%) and for those fit for four (17%).
- While they may have a specific state in mind, consumers are open to new destinations. Of the top 20 searches, seven are for anywhere within state lines as opposed to specific cities or towns.
- Of the top seven amenities guests search for, six are water-related.
- Seven-day trips make up 15% of bookings, up from 10% the previous year. While trips are getting longer this year, guests are looking for homes with lower nightly rates, with 49% of price range-based searches looking between $50 and $249.”
These trends are expected to continue through 2022, which means everyone is looking for the best vacation rental for their dream getaway. East West Hospitality is one of the most trusted vacation rental management groups in the country, and we have a few of their finest properties to share with readers who need that vacation now – but want to stay safe while doing it.
In California, there’s a lake known as Lake Tahoe. It looks as though it was plucked from the Alps, no longer nestled among the breathtaking Austrian mountains but placed in the heart of East Central California, straddling the state line with Nevada. Lake Tahoe boasts breathtaking vistas, clear blue-green waters and a boreal forest lining the shores like eagerly waiting children hoping for a dip in the chilly lake. Not only does the Lake Tahoe region offer an adventurer’s bounty of options, but it’s a secluded and natural wonder where you can commune with your thoughts and shed your cares.
The perfect place to stay in Lake Tahoe if you’re looking to get away from it all is at Old Greenwood. Sprawling across 600 acres of beautiful towering pines and rolling hills at the edge of the Sierra Nevadas, Old Greenwood is the perfect romantic or family getaway for individuals, couples or small groups.
Choose from 2-, 3-, and 4-bedroom accommodations ranging from townhomes all the way up to private cabins, villas and estate homes with gourmet kitchens. The property embraces a Jack Nicklaus golf course, perfect for the golf lover who also wants to explore the wilderness. While there, enjoy swimming pools, a water slide, hot tubs, a fitness center, spa, bar/grille, tennis courts and more. To plan and book your stay at any of their multitudinous properties, visit the website. But hurry; due to the rise in popularity of vacation rentals, many are booking months out already.
Colorado Mountain Escapes
There’s something about breathing the crisp, cool air in Colorado. The mountains rise like majestic sentinels across the land, the clouds breaking across their peaks. The breezes sweep in from the frigid mountaintops and carry adventure and promise. If this is the scene you dream of when you close your eyes, it may be time to book your dream Colorado vacation, and we’ve got two properties that are right up your alley.
- Solaris Residences: In Vail, Colorado, these rentals are the picturesque cabins plucked straight from a storybook. And the cream of the crop is the Solaris Penthouse. At the pinnacle of the most exclusive resort in Vail Village, the Penthouse a great room with access to a balcony for indoor/outdoor living, soaring ceilings, an epicurean kitchen, a dining table for 10, a lofted living area plus 4 bedrooms with plenty of sleeping room for all of your guests, up to 11. Enjoy breathtaking views of Gore Range and Veil Mountain from your wraparound terrace or stroll to the Village and enjoy luxurious destinations such as an on-site Matsuhisa Vail restaurant, a private spa, indoor pool, hot tub, 24-hour fitness center, and personalized assistants. To plan and book your stay, visit this website.
- Beaver Creek Village: One of the finest rental options in this breathtaking mountain getaway is One Beaver Creek 54. In the heart of Beaver Creek Village in a slopeside location, 54 sleeps 12 through 4 bedrooms. Recently renovated with all of the modern conveniences, this rental offers a sleek and soothing contemporary decor palette with stunning views of the surrounding countryside. It’s the perfect family getaway with an adorable bunk room, chef’s kitchen, terrace with grill and many more features that make this the perfect place to stay in and connect with the more relaxed you – or hit the slopes or Village and explore. To plan and book your stay, visit the website.
Hawaii is For Dreamers
Maybe you’re sick of the ice and cold though and dream of somewhere tropical in the heart of paradise. On the Big Island of Hawai’i, consider the Mauna Kea Residences. Guests can pick from 35 accommodations at the resort and 85 more through the homecare program.
The luxury residences range from 2- to 7-bedroom destinations, with a combination of condos townhomes and estates. Many of these rentals offer private pools and lanais to take in the gorgeous view of the ocean and mountains. Guests will have exclusive access to Big Island beaches, two pools, a seaside tennis club, two fitness centers, two golf courses and several restaurants as well as The Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara, offering a combo of Balinese and Hawaii-inspired therapies.
If you’re ready to sprawl across a chair on your own private lanai and watch the waves roll in or gaze up the mountains and dream, visit the website to plan and book your stay.
Whatever tickles your fancy, it’s clear that 2022 will be another year of vacationing apart. People are ready to leave their homes, feeling an itch in their feet to get on the road. With a vacation rental, you can find all the comforts of home – but far from the worries that drag you down.